Claudia Ruiz: (7/25/2018 11:45) Welcome to the At-Large Consolidated Policy Working Group (CPWG) Call on Wednesday, 25 July 2018 at 19:00 UTC

Claudia Ruiz: (11:45) https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_yAJpBQ&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=CXERzIws_vaPY8WrLB9yz2PICpecEh3yA9MaabnyyBk&m=HWuYh5NaXs8R21VzcL9cA0AlsSf9_eq53JqesSMxy_A&s=dkC07_cikvdKgZWpcqGbnjQlK9wbU8aPwPJi1CnWCXE&e=

Claudia Ruiz: (11:46) Welcome Christopher Wilkinson

Yrjö Länsipuro: (11:52) Claudia, pls enable AC audio!

Claudia Ruiz: (11:54) It is enabled

Claudia Ruiz: (11:54) Can you hear me?

Yrjö Länsipuro: (11:55) Yes, but I menat enabling participants to use the computer mike

Claudia Ruiz: (11:55) ok, ready.

Yrjö Länsipuro: (11:55) Thank you, it's there now

Claudia Ruiz: (11:55) Apologies for that

Heidi Ullrich: (12:00) Hi All,

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (12:03) Of course he does!!1

Christopher Wilkinson (CW): (12:03) Could we get AC audio, becasue the phone signal is very faint?

Greg Shatan: (12:04) I am here too.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (12:05) notrf Greg

Claudia Ruiz: (12:05) Welcome Greg Shatan

Greg Shatan: (12:05) notrf?

Bastiaan Goslings: (12:06) Hi all - sorry for being late

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (12:06) should read noted....

Holly Raiche: (12:06) @ Greg - what is notrf

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (12:06) my typo Holly

Claudia Ruiz: (12:08) Welcome Alan Greenberg

Claudia Ruiz: (12:08) Elminiawi

Claudia Ruiz: (12:08) Welcome Hadia Elminiawi

Alan Greenberg: (12:08) I will be once dialout comes through.

Heidi Ullrich: (12:09) @Alan, on its way.

Vanda Scartezini: (12:10) sorry to be late.

Claudia Ruiz: (12:11) Welcome Vanda Scartezini and Seun Ojedeji

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (12:12) That is what I assumed, but if the RALOs are asking for multiples it appears we may have not well presented the role requirement

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (12:12) Exactly OCL

Holly Raiche: (12:12) I'm less concerned with the title than clarity of role

Alan Greenberg: (12:13) What CCWG is being talked about?

Alan Greenberg: (12:13) Missed start

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (12:13) CPWG not CCWG

Alan Greenberg: (12:13) ok

Holly Raiche: (12:13) My fear is too many people  spending time 'coordinating'

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (12:14) Yes Maureen the work itself can b e / should be distributed effectively

Holly Raiche: (12:14) Clarify - coordinating versus contributing

Maureen Hilyard: (12:15) +1 Olivier

Holly Raiche: (12:15) I don't think we are asking the 'coordinator' to be the bottleneck through which all must pass

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (12:16) OCL has brought his orchesra with him :-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (12:18) gained back the time  :-)

Christopher Wilkinson (CW): (12:19) Where is Jonathan's draft?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (12:19) And this Initial Report *is* a large document!

Claudia Ruiz: (12:20) https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_spreadsheets_d_1QR3CTgGjnVKDOTPQ6qEdksx9QAK76aj8E8F-2Dfvkn9iM_edit-23gid-3D276432588&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=CXERzIws_vaPY8WrLB9yz2PICpecEh3yA9MaabnyyBk&m=HWuYh5NaXs8R21VzcL9cA0AlsSf9_eq53JqesSMxy_A&s=lv7I2OyFOOHYWXc-42LMHtEbp25IzncZHsywef5kYOg&e=

Heidi Ullrich: (12:23) You should be able to scroll on your own now.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (12:25) That is appreciated Jonathan (from a PDP WG perspective)

Holly Raiche: (12:30) The advantage of looking back to see what was important  to ALAC- and why,  Many of those issues are stilll there

Holly Raiche: (12:32) I have to disagree with Alan - the response from ALAC will make more sense if we respond on issues of concern to ALAC - and those issues are scattered throughout

Alan Greenberg: (12:33) Yes, what we have focuses on and said are important, but this is different. For instance a lot of what we were worried about for string confusion is likely already addressed.

Alan Greenberg: (12:34) WTs would be importan IF we had oe

Holly Raiche: (12:35) I'm not saying this is the same set of issues.  I am saying that we should identify the issues of concern to users - and then, issue but issue, comment (and in doing so, note what numbeer of recommendations are being talked about)

Alan Greenberg: (12:35) people active in particular WTs but sadly that is not much of the case.

Holly Raiche: (12:35) (sorry - I meant issue BY issue)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (12:36) and we will be carving the work differently (into 3 probably)  new streams... 

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (12:37) Christopher - I'm afraid we could not hear you

Holly Raiche: (12:37) @ CLO - I like the concept - carve the response diferently

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (12:37) @Christopher: you'll have the floor after Alan

Christopher Wilkinson (CW): (12:37) Hmmm *6 does NOT unmute the phone.

Claudia Ruiz: (12:38) *7 to unmute

Holly Raiche: (12:41) @ Cchristopher - there are so many different parts to any section, it is really useful just to hve headings for issues

Holly Raiche: (12:42) @ Christopher - I HOPE we don't get too deeply into the weeds, so to speak.  I'm less worried about answering each subpoint and prefer responding to the issues raised.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (12:43) If there are ant remaining inconsistencies (as opposed to assumptions or stated working hypothesis) then please do let us know  the PDP LT took great care to look for and highlight any "inconsistencies" or dependencies but lat time I checked they are all I beleive human

Bastiaan Goslings: (12:48) Can Jonathan’s call to all to everyone to go through the doc before next week's call and highlight and/or add end-user concerns be noted as a action point? As specific as possible so we all know what has been agreed upon and what we need to do?

Bastiaan Goslings: (12:48) (ok thanks I see its s done)

Heidi Ullrich: (12:49) Would this be an At-Large Briefing call?

Greg Shatan: (12:49) Who is being sacrificed to the EPDP?

Heidi Ullrich: (12:49) or a Capacity Building  call

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (12:50) Alan and Hadia as Members and Holly and Seun as alternates @Greg

Maureen Hilyard: (12:50) &@Greg; Sacrificial lambs -(Members) Alan, Hadia, (Alternates) Holly and Seun

Maureen Hilyard: (12:51) snap Cheryl!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (12:51) :-)

Holly Raiche: (12:51) Webinars were also run by APAC on this topic,

Heidi Ullrich: (12:51) @OCL - is this a capacity building webinar?

Heidi Ullrich: (12:51) or At-Large Briefing webinar?

Heidi Ullrich: (12:51) Who is to organize?

Maureen Hilyard: (12:51) In AP, they need as much information as they can

Holly Raiche: (12:53) I have done a presentation for APAC and another for capacity building sessions for background

Christopher Wilkinson (CW): (12:53) Thankyou, all Time to get some supper with the family. I shall follow ulp on the List.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (12:54) thx for joining CW

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (12:54) LOL

Greg Shatan: (12:54) How about the 9th of Thermidor, Olivier?

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (12:54) :-) @Greg

Claudia Ruiz: (12:54) Thank you for joining Christopher

Roberto Gaetano: (12:55) +1 Alan

Holly Raiche: (12:55) Mainly, focus on theTempSpec, access - the current issues and maybe make available earlier webinars - I think the Capacity Building WG has a list of previous webinars

Maureen Hilyard: (12:56) This would include any updated info

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (12:57) bless you OCL

Maureen Hilyard: (12:57) RALO POlicy Champions?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (12:57) That should help Maureen... but theoretical at the moment

Holly Raiche: (12:57) Policy Coordinaorys in the RALOS have an action item?

Maureen Hilyard: (12:58) Are coordinators the same as the Policy Champions - people who might know what they are talking about, about a certain topic?

Maureen Hilyard: (13:00) Penholders.. from a RALO perspective we are trying to train people to be contributors first and then perhaps penholders.

Greg Shatan: (13:00) Champions, Anchors, Pen-holders, Coordinators — it’s just like Game of Thrones....

Maureen Hilyard: (13:00) That makes it more interesting Greg :)

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (13:00) Only the drafting team :-)@Greg

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:01) Indeed we did OCL

Heidi Ullrich: (13:01) Yes, we did, Olivier.

Holly Raiche: (13:01) Sounds like a plan!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:02) but often an informal support can make the difference

Sebastien: (13:02) To be or not to be

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:02)  pointer to resources always food

Nadira Al-Araj: (13:02) +1 Cheryl, there is a need to some incentives to encoruage people to participate

Heidi Ullrich: (13:02) and perhaps an ICANN Learn course and some mentor follow up...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:02) good not food

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:03) Yes frexh Pen holders need to work with those engaged IN the Policy work... We are **always** happy to assist

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:03) LOL

Heidi Ullrich: (13:03) How/who will this database be developed?

Bastiaan Goslings: (13:03) With regard to  6a: I'd like to learn from the EPDP members and alternates, once the ball starts rolling, what support they would appreactiate. I would be more than happy to support - and draft

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:04) I suggest we OPT in

Maureen Hilyard: (13:04) We would have a line of Mr Xs

Greg Shatan: (13:04) I will volunteer to hold some pen somewhere....

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:04) Excellent @Greg

Maureen Hilyard: (13:04) Quick put Greg's name down as a volunteer!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:05) thats an Opt IN for certain @Maureen :-)

Greg Shatan: (13:06) Observers can’t go to EPDP calls.... :-/

Greg Shatan: (13:06) We can only listen after.

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (13:06) I thought that observers could listen to the stream?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:06) But they can listen to the audio streams @Greg *same as the alternates*!!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:07) it should be real time I believe @greg same as the Council calls

Holly Raiche: (13:07) And look back to prevous penholders

Maureen Hilyard: (13:08) Justine has volunteered already

Greg Shatan: (13:08) Ah, correct — the audio only solution.  But no chat.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:08) Yes we do have some talent to "exploit"

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:08)  can someone tell Seun we HEAR him

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:08)  over and oiver and OVER again!

Greg Shatan: (13:08) I am happy to be voluntold.  I will go where the need is greatest, as they say in the Red Cross ads.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:09) Perfect @greg...

Holly Raiche: (13:09) In particular, who has been a pen holder on particular issues -

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:09) inaudible

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:10) zome people prefer lists some prefer calls we need to cater toall needs

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:10) some not zome

Sebastien: (13:11) Maybe we can setup a specific Skype chat for that? Epdp

Maureen Hilyard: (13:12) When talking about a particular issue, it is important for everyone to keep on the same thread, so that you keep all views together - or a workspace if its a big topic

Maureen Hilyard: (13:13) Above is to do with email discussions

Heidi Ullrich: (13:14) @Alan, we are not hearing you...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:14) Ihope not OC:!!!

Alan Greenberg: (13:14) i seem to have dropped

Alan Greenberg: (13:15) Will cover another time

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:15) The propsed EPDP Skype chat will also allow the ALAC EPDP Team to reach out to us in shorter order than other metgods

Alan Greenberg: (13:16) back

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:17) And can we add "resource people" to that page OCL??

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (13:17) Sounds good @Cheryl

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:19) If you do list rexources  then please add my name

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:19) OPt In

Heidi Ullrich: (13:20) How about a workspace on Policy Providers with Penholder and Resources Staff?

Maureen Hilyard: (13:21) 15:00 and 19:00 are good :)

Maureen Hilyard: (13:21) For me..

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:21) Lots done though people good call ...  Thanks!! talk next week :-)

Alan Greenberg: (13:21) Presuming it does not overlap with EPDP

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:21) bye for now then...

Heidi Ullrich: (13:21) Thanks, All.

Bastiaan Goslings: (13:21) thanks all

Claudia Ruiz: (13:21) 13:00 UTC

Maureen Hilyard: (13:21) Great meeting Olivier

Gordon Chillcott - Greater Toronto Area Linux Users Group: (13:21) THanks and bye for now.

Vanda Scartezini: (13:22) thank you all

Roberto Gaetano: (13:22) Bye!

Kaili Kan: (13:22) Bye

• No labels