IMPORTANT: The process for posting nominations is as follows:
1) Nominations, including self-nominations must be made directly to their RALO’s mailing list;
2) Nominations must be posted to the or by sending a note to At-Large staff.
3) a brief statement explaining why they believe they are a suitable candidate and must also complete or update their Statement of Interest (see: At-Large New SOIs Workspace).
EURALO Selection Timetable for 2020*:
27 April 2020 - Announcement of call for nominations and Nominee's Statement.
27 April – 8 May 2020 - Nomination period (nominations accepted for 10 working days).
15 May 2020 - Deadline for nomination acceptances
18 May - 22 May 2020- Calls with the candidates if desired by the RALOs.
22 May - 29 May 2020 - Elections (If required, elections will begin no later than one week after the deadline for nomination acceptances and end no later than two weeks after that deadline).
2020 AGM [ ICANN69 ] - Newly elected ALAC Members and RALOs Leaders shall be seated at the end of the 2020 AGM following the close of the Board Meeting on 22 October 2020.
|Position||Current Holder of Position||Nominee||Nominated By||Date Accepted|
Statement of Interest
|Results||Term to Serve|
ALAC Member (RALO)
(Eligible for re-appointment)
|Joanna Kulesza||Yrjö Länsipuro|
|Joanna Kulesza||2020 AGM to 2022 AGM|
|Wale Bakare||David Mitchell|
|Nominee Statement of Interest|
|ALAC Member (NomCom Selected)|
(Eligible for re-selection)
2020 AGM to
|ALAC Delegate to the NomCom**|
(Not eligible for re-appointment)
|Anne-Marie Joly-Bachollet||Joanna Kulesza||Declined||N/A||2020 AGM to 2021 AGM|
|Matthias Kettemann||Erich Schweighofer|
|Nominee Statement of Interest|
|Clément Genty||David Mitchell||Declined||N/A|
|Olivier Bachollet||Clément Genty||Declined||N/A|
* NOTES ON NOMINATIONS
No one who is currently serving on the Nominating Committee may be nominated for the ALAC. See https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#VII-8
**ADDITIONAL NOTES FOR NOMINATIONS FOR THE ALAC DELEGATE TO THE NOMCOM:
The ICANN Bylaws require that the ALAC, in consultation with the RALOs, appoints five voting members of the NomCom, one per ICANN region. Voting members of the NomCom are appointed for a one year term, starting at the close of the 2019 Annual General Meeting and ending at the 2020 Annual General Meeting, and may be re-appointed for a further term of one year subject to the requirement under the.
- The ALAC shall, after consultation with each RALO, annually appoint five voting delegates (no two of whom shall be citizens of countries in the same Geographic Region, as defined according to Section 5 of Article VI to the Nominating Committee.
VII-3.1 Each voting delegate shall serve a one-year term. A delegate may serve at most two successive one-year terms, after which at least two years must elapse before the individual is eligible to serve another term.
Voting delegate to the NomCom may not serve more than two consecutive terms.
IMPORTANT: Criteria for NomCom Delegates
The NomCom is responsible for selecting members of the ICANN Board, ALAC, ccNSO and GNSO. This is a very important function and all candidates should meet important criteria.
- Familiarity with the ICANN groups to which the NomCom appoints (Board, ALAC, GNSO, ccNSO).
- Ability to judge people (such as when interviewing and hiring).
- Comfortable and preferably fluent with English (listening, reading, speaking).
- Good on-line skills such as on Google & Social media
- Time Commitment - Must be willing to devote substantial time under tight deadlines (March-June). Will involve travel to up to 4 meetings.
- Ability work in a group environment, standing up for what you believe in a discussion with other "strong" people, but at the same time, must be a good listener and be willing to change your mind if someone else has a good argument. Diplomacy is important.
RALOs may recommend one or more candidates to the ALAC. The appointment if NomCom delegates is carried out by the ALAC. Therefore, RALO recommendations are not binding.