IMPORTANT: The process for posting nominations is as follows: 1) Nominations, including self-nominations must be made directly to the APRALO mailing list; followed by 2) Nominations must be posted to the 2018 ALAC and RALO Elections, Selections and Appointments Workspace or by sending a note to At-Large staff

Positions Open for selections in 2018

Position

Current Holder of Position

Term being selected

ALAC Member (RALO)

Holly Raiche

(Eligible for re-appointment)

2018 AGM to 2020 AGM
 APRALO Chair 

Satish Babu

2018 AGM to 2020 AGM
APRALO Vice Chair

Ali AlMeshal

2018 AGM to 2020 AGM

Secretariat (this is a discretionary appointment)
Pavan Budhrani 2018 AGM to 2020 AGM
ALAC Delegate to the NomComNadira Al-Araj 

2018 AGM to 2019 AGM

Selection Timetable for 2018 APRALO Leadership Members 

• 23 April 2018 -  Announcement of call for nominations and Nominee's Statement.*

• 23 April – 4 May 2018 - Nomination period (nominations accepted for 10 working days).

• 11 May 2018  - Deadline for nomination acceptances

• 14 May - 17 May 2018 - Calls with the candidates if desired by the RALOs.

• 18 May - 24 May 2018 - Elections (If required, elections will begin no later than one week after the deadline for nomination acceptances and end no later than two weeks after that deadline).

• 2018 AGM [ ICANN 63 ]  - Newly elected ALAC Members and RALOs Leaders shall be seated at the ALAC Wrap Up Session during the 2018 AGM

1. All nominees are expected to submit a brief statement explaining why they believe they are a suitable candidate and must also complete or update their Statement of Interest (see: At-Large New SOIs Workspace).
  2. No one who is currently serving on the Nominating Committee may be nominated for the ALAC. See https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#VII-8

RELEVANT RULES OF PROCEDURES 

The following extract of APRALO Rules of Procedure are relevant to this process:

*Section D: Selections, Elections and Appointments*

*28. General Provisions*

28.1 According to the ICANN by-laws, the APRALO appointments, and selections should be made wherever possible by Consensus, but failing that, elections can always be used and the methodology for such is outlined in these RoP.

28.2 Elections and selections can take place by electronic mail, online ballot, written ballot, or any other convenient and accurate means that are deemed to provide appropriate degree of confidentiality.

* 29 Procedures for the Selection of Leaders and the APRALO Leadership Team*

*29.1 Ordinary Leadership selections*

29.1.1 Ordinary selections of the APRALO Chair and Vice Chair(s) shall be held so as to have the new selections prior to the start of the end of June each year. The selection should preferably be completed  at least three weeks prior to the start of the June/July ICANN Meeting to facilitate travel arrangements IF the selectee is expected to attend that ICANN Meeting. They are expected however to attend  the ICANN Meeting were the ICANN AGM is held and where they will effectively 'take their seats' for the roles that are appointed to.

CRITERIA FOR CANDIDATES

•  Participation in APRALO and ALAC meetings and activities.
  •  Knowledge of ICANN's structure and functions, including knowledge of its SO/ACs.
  •  Willingness to spend the time that is expected of NomCom members (noting that there are weekly calls of over 2 hours each  week)
  •  Ability to retain confidential information
  •  Good analytical skills. Human resources background is considered useful.

Nominations:

Self-nominations are welcome. Self-nominations are deemed to also act as formal acceptance of 'nomination'.

The following APRALO Leadership Team positions will be open:

Nominations for APRALO Representative to the ALAC (AGM 2018-AGM 2020)

Role Previously Held By

Nominee

Nominated By

Date Nominee Accepted

Nominee's StatementResult

Holly Raiche

Holly RaicheKaili Kan

I have been actively involved in ICANN and APRALO since 2009.  I have been involved in leadership, starting as APRALO Vice Chair, becoming APRALO Chair with the resignation of Charles Mok in 2012. Following that, I have been one of APRALO’S 3 ALAC members and served on the ALAC leadership team.  I have also been actively involved in ICANN policy issues, serving on GNSO WGs on issues including revisions to the RAA, Inter-Registrar Transfer, Privacy/Proxy services and a number of WHOIS related working groups. I have also been involved with new gTLDs, starting with reviewing the Applicant Guidebook, commenting on PICS and finally, holding the pen on both the initial and second drafts of the Competition, Consumer Trust and Consumer Choice Review Team reports. I also help organise Multistakeholder meetings on policy topics in the Singapore and London ICANN meetings (inviting speakers from other SO/ACs to a policy panel discussion with ALAC). I have developed and presented lectures for  four at-Large Capacity Building sessions at two successive ICANN meetings, and given another capacity building webinar in 2017, with a further presentation later in 2018. I have also presented at two ApAC webinars and spoken at two APAC sessions at ICANN meetings. My aim for this coming term is to guide others, particularly from APRALO, in understanding and participating in the many ICANN policy debates that impact on Internet users.

Holly Raiche

Nominations for APRALO Chair Position (AGM2018 - AGM2020)

Role Previously Held By

Nominee

Nominated By

Date Nominee Accepted

Nominee's StatementResult

Satish Babu

Satish Babu

Pavan Budhrani

I have been the Chair of APRALO since the end of 2016, when an interim vacancy arose for the position of APRALO Chair. During my term from 2016 to 2017, I have been diligently carrying out the duties expected of the Chair. This period has seen several important activities including the APRALO General Assembly in October 2017, which had a very positive feedback from all participants, and the At-Large Review, where I personally and APRALO as an organization contributed significantly. 

I have also been carrying out outreach for APRALO as well as for ICANN At-Large and ICANN at venues such as IGF 2017 & 2016 (Geneva, Guadalajara), Asia-Pacific Regional IGF (APrIGF Bangkok, Taipei) and several CROP trips to the events of partners such as Internet Society, APNIC and APTLD from 2016. I have also played an important role in the SIG movement in Asia-Pacific, being on the Board of APSIG and being the founder the India SIG.  

Given my exposure to different parts of ICANN and At-Large, such as in the NomCom (2014, 2015), multiple cross-community working groups (Meeting Strategy, IDN Implementation, ICANN Academy), and ALAC WGs (IDN, TTF), I'm certain that APRALO will benefit from my position in its leadership.

Further, I believe I am well-placed to take on some of the challenging activities ahead, such as the implementation of the At-Large Review and the ATLAS 3 due next year. APRALO is also due for the revision of its bylaws and integrating individual members, which would require a strong leadership at the helm. 

Considering these aspects, I believe I'm well suited for the position of Chair of APRALO.

I confirm that I will have the time to spare for ICANN and APRALO activities as I have been doing for the last two years. 

Satish Babu

Nominations for APRALO Vice-Chair Position (AGM2018 - AGM2020)

Role Previously Held By

Nominee

Nominated By

Date Nominee Accepted

Nominee's Statement

Result

Ali AlMeshal

Ali AlMeshal

Naveed Bin Rais

I have been the VC Chair of APRALO since the 2014. During my term from 2014 to 2018, I have been diligently carrying out the duties expected of the VC Chair. This period has seen several important activities including the APRALO General Assembly in October 2017, which had a very positive feedback from all participants, and the At-Large Review, where APRALO as an organization contributed significantly. I have been the Coordinator for the First mentorship program in APRALO, which have proven it’s successfulness and version 2 is in the process. I was very much involve in last year GA with the host as well as for doing pre-outreach to academia and other community.

I have also been carrying out outreach for APRALO as well as for ICANN At-Large and ICANN at venues such as IGF 2017  (Geneva) , APRICOT  (Auckland , Vietnam) and several CROP trips like first IGF in Armina, PICISOC & IGF in Cook Island to the events of partners such as Internet Society, Middle East ISOC meeting with MENOG. I have also played an important role in the Middle East Strategy working group , being on the strategy working group and very much active with Middle East VP from GSE team.   

Furthermore, I believe that I would be able to take on some of the challenging activities awaiting us in the future, for instance the ATLAS 3 that is set for next year. Individual members and the revision of its bylaws for APRALO is another challenge which will require an expert   leadership team who can manage such change in professionally.

Moreover, due to the commitment and desire that I have to for ICANN as a whole, I would claim that I am well suited for the position of the Vice Chair of APRALO.

Ali AlMeshal
Shreedeep RayamajhiSelf nominated

Shreedeep Rayamajhi's Statement

APRALO Secretariat Position* 

(APRALO ROPs V 1.4 following the original Operating Principles) 

Role Previously Held By

Nominee

Nominated By

Date Nominee Accepted

Nominee's Statement

Result

Pavan Budhrani (Eligible for re-appointment)

*This is a discretionary appointment

ALAC Voting Delegates to the NomCom (AGM2018- AGM2019)

See criteria for Selection of NomCom Candidates -  see:  Article VII- Section 4 ICANN By Laws

Role Previously Held By

Nominee

Nominated by

Date Accepted

Nominee's Statement (optional)

Regional Candidate(s) Recommended
to the ALAC

ALAC Appointed Delegates
to the NomCom

Nadira Al-Araj 

Nadira Al-ArajMaureen Hilyard