• Heidi Ullrich and Gisella Gruber to remind At-Large members about the existing webinar recordings and slides via alac-announce and RALO lists 

  • Alan Greenberg to solicit volunteer(s) among the ALAC for the drafting the Charter of the CCWG to develop a plan for the use of new gTLD auction proceeds; ALT to make the final selection of drafters 

  • Gisella Gruber to arrange a 30min slot for a meeting between the ALAC and the SSAC 

  • Alan Greenberg to send a note to Rafik to suggest a tentative meeting between the ALAC and the NCSG, 8-9am on Sun 21 June; possible topics: IANA Stewardship and Accountability - difference in views and other matters - define differences




  1. RALOs to decide on one representative to participate in group call with ICANN Legal regarding the RALO Bylaw changes the RALOs are considering
    1. Referred to RALOs and Secretariats
  2. LACRALO to put the questions it has developed onto the ALAC-Registrar [wiki: [Ideas for future ALAC-Registrar meetings|] ([Ideas for the content of educational materials to be developed by At-Large & Registrars|]) and have a call on each one of the RALO teleconferences for this to happen. But the question may be a little unclear.
  3. ExCom members, during their RALO meetings, to encourage ALS observers in various meetings. ExCom members, during the various meetings, are to encourage all RALOS to mention the fact that meetings are open to all.
  4. ExCom to consider having interpretation on calls in which only 1-2 members request it.
    1. In progress:  Overall strategy for archiving with interpretation/translation must be discussed at some point in future.  (Of course, ICANN operating language is English.)
    2. Note:  Even if interpretation not requested, must consider its usefulness for future archival purposes; it is true of translating transcripts, wiki and mailing-list work, etc.
  5. Future ALAC Statements, which are lengthy, are to include an executive summary.
  6. Staff to update list of Cross-Constituency WGs on ALAC AG wiki page
  7. Cheryl to manage winding up and archiving WGs to be closed, Matt to schedule time to work with Cheryl on this.
    1. Wiki pages:At-Large Engagement in ICANN WGAt-Large Naming Issues Taskforce WGFuture Structure, Accountability and Transparency of ICANN WGccNSO / At-Large Coordination WGAt-Large IRT Process WG


  1. Board Consultations - in progress
    1. ALAC to refine its goals regarding its advising of the Board (for possible inclusion in 2012-15 Strategic Plan and/or Board paper). Focus on how the Board accepts and responds to advice from the ALAC.
    2. ExCom to develop a template for policy Statements, which might include executive summaries.
      1. Does the Board have a preferred template for Statements?
      2. Does the Board have a preferred template/format for the Chair's report at the meetings?
    3. At Large Improvements - in progress 
      1. ALAC to refine its goals regarding its advising of the Board (for possible inclusion in 2012-15 Strategic Plan and/or Board paper).
        1. Include metrics regarding how much policy work ALAC does
        2. Include way of prioritizing ALAC statements for Board (possibilities include marking statements important enough for Board action, sending Board monthly/bimonthly list of ALAC statements, establishing list of topics about which the Board should consult with the ALAC)


  • Gisella GruberTerri Agnew and/or Nathalie Peregrine to monitor the use of additional languages over the course of a few months, as ALAC, APRALO, and LACRALO calls will be offered additional language interpretation by the Language Services.

  • Cheryl Langdon-Orr to seek support from the ALAC between  and  for a letter to come from the CCWG on Use of Country and Territory Names inTLDs; the letter is to be provided in responded to a call for Public Comments from the GAC SC; (timeline reason: we need to wait until the GNSO and ccNSO Councils the Chartering CCWG Orgs for the CCWG approve of it and make such an input)
  • Ariel Liang to work with IT to see if it is possible to show only one language on the At-Large Singapore schedule (i.e. Learn how to hide columns)

  • New gTLDs WG to identify a new Chair; Heidi Ullrich to work with Alan Greenberg to understand the proper procedure 
  • Alan Greenberg to review the cleaned-up At-Large mailing list database and let Ariel know which mailing lists should retire 


  • Ariel Liang to mark 'Release of Country and Territory Names within the .GLOBAL, .BNPPARIBAS, .BRIDGESTONE and .FIRESTONE TLDs' as 'No Statement'


  • Ariel Liang to follow up with Satish to check whether the final report has followed the previous ALAC advice
  • Ariel Liang to follow up with Carlton on the PC: (Carlton to make a comment on this, but not to draft a Statement yet) 
  • Ariel Liang to create a dedicated ALAC policy skype chat for discussion of public comment proceedings and to follow up with Alan with regard to who should be on that chat 
  • Open public comment proceedings need to be incorporated in f2f meeting agendas 
  • Ariel Liang to compile the pointers/suggestions/inputs from the community about ways to improve ALAC policy development process and send to Alan for review; this is part of the effort for creating a community-wide capacity building material/program specifically for ALAC policy advice development (e.g. presentation slide for public comment / potential webinar - Olivier, working group - Dev, previous ALAC review items related to policy, survey - Tijani, Website/Beginner's Guide update - Ariel/Nathalie, ALAC engagement session in Dublin - Heidi, etc.) 
  • Ariel Liang to send the spreadsheet to the ALT + liaisons and document decisions on upcoming public comment proceedings, consolidate in a single SS, and consult with Alan. Once finalized, to follow up with potential penholder(s).
  • Tijani Ben Jemaa to consider developing capacity building webinars on how to draft a policy advice statement and how to facilitate the development of policy advice statements for WG chairs. At-Large staff to support the development of such webinars. 
  • Single Issue call to develop the At-Large ICANN Meeting schedule to include the ALAC/ALT, WG Chairs and RALO Chairs. 
  • Staff to request subjects, via the ALAC mailing list, for inclusion in ALAC meeting 2 weeks prior to meeting 
  • All other suggestions for RoP changes to be sent to Alan Greenberg and At-Large Staff
  • Tijani Ben Jemaa/BCEC to continue working on the document on Board Member selection and present the document to the ALAC for review (target date: at least 2 weeks before Dublin meeting)
  • Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Tijani Ben JemaaDev Anand Teelucksingh and Maureen Hilyard to form a group that will device a draft plan to invigorate At-Large working groups 

  • No labels