This space is to archive all Items that have been put on hold until a future time. These discussion items should be looked at every three months to check if they need to be activated.  NOTE: Please archive Items in numerical order.


ITEM 007: 2018 & 2019 Time table

LEAD: Eduardo Díaz

OPEN: 20 Nov 2017, CLOSED: Dormant @ 12 February

TYPE: General

DESCRIPTION: A table with NARALO important dates needs to be created and updated as necessary. Example of these dates are: elections, CROP, fellowship programs, monthly mid/year reports, strategic plans, etc.

  20 November 2017: [Recording: --] This item was not discussed during the meeting. Action required: NARALO secretary to coordinate with staff to prepare the table. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

11 December 2017: [Recording: --]  This item was not discussed during the meeting. [Decision]: 

08 January 2018: [Recording: --]  This item was not discussed during the meeting. Off Line Report: Time table started but needs to be updated . [Decision]: Off Line Decision: Put dormant to re-check in the future


ITEM 008: Meeting recordings as podcasts

LEAD: Eduardo Díaz

OPEN: 20 Nov 2017, CLOSED: Dormant @ 12 February

TYPE: General

DESCRIPTION: Currently, if you want to hear a specific NARALO meeting recording you must find where it is located. This is a “PULL” operation. To make it easier for the region, we should recreate these recordings into podcasts and have them available through a subscription. This will make it a “PUSH” operation. This can be extended to other areas like webinars, working groups, etc.

20 November 2017: [Recording: --] This item was not discussed during the meeting. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

11 December 2017: [Recording: --]  This item was not discussed during the meeting. Action required: Eduardo to work with Alfredo in setting-up this mechanism. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

08 January 2018: [Recording: --]  Not discussed during this meeting.  [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

12 February [Recording: --]  This item was not discussed during the meeting. [Decision]: Off Line Decision: Put dormant to re-check to check in the future


ITEM 011: 2018 CROP Program Coordinators (PCs)

LEAD: Eduardo Diaz

OPEN: 20 Nov 2017, CLOSED:Dormant @ 12/11/17

TYPE: General

DESCRIPTION: Designate CROP Program Coordinators (PCs) for NARALO.

20 November 2017: [Recording: --] This item was not discussed during the meeting. Action required:  NARALO Secretary in coordination with staff to inform 2018 designations to the CROP manager and update CROP page HERE.Glenn and Judith are the current PCs. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

11 December 2017: [Recording: 33:50]  Status quo, depending on ALAC's decision and when positions are open. ALAC to discuss this sometime after January 2018. NARALO will act accordingly. In the meantime Judith and Glenn will remain in their current positions.[Decision]: This discussion is to be put on a dormant state until ALAC discuss this.

14 March [Recording: 20:50]  Program is being put on hold so there was no to much to say. [Decision]: Recommend to put in dormant state until final decision is made about the program.


ITEM 014: Individual Members Certification Criteria

LEAD: Eduardo Diaz

OPEN: 20 Nov 2017, CLOSED: Dormant @ 14 May 2018

TYPE: General

DESCRIPTION: The process for certification of new Individual members should be revised to assure that they are to follow NARALO Rules and Procedures and any other NARALO approved governance document. An on-line form should be created to manage new applications. Current criteria and process are located HERE.

20 November 2017: [Recording: XX]. This item was not discussed during the meeting. Action required: Revise certification process for individual members [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

11 December 2017: [Recording: --]  This item was not discussed during the meeting.. Glenn to lead this item. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting

08 January 2018: [Recording: --]  This item was not discussed during the meeting. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting 

12 February 2018 [Recording: --]  Off Line Report:  [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting

14 March [Recording: 47:00] Briefly talked about these issues. No action items generated [Decision]: Carry froward to next meeting.

09 april [Recording: 48] Silvia explain that the individual members of at-large are the NARALO has a criteria, which is number one, to be a permanent resident of one of the countries or territories in the North American region as defined by ICANN. Not be a member of an accredited ALs, be subscribed to the mailing list of NARALO, this is a very simple criteria and the email requesting membership must be sent to at-large staff, then we coordinate with NARALO leadership and the individual who wishes to become an affiliated member is certified.  [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

--→ 14 May [Recording: --]   [Decision]: Move to a dormant state for future discussion.

Topic 025: CROP FY18

LEAD: Eduardo Diaz

OPEN: 12 February 2018, DORMANT: 10 June 2019

TYPE: [Outreach]

DESCRIPTION: To provide an update/report for the following events: Digital Inclusion  (Glenn), RigthsCon (Judith) and ARIN 41 (William)

→ 12 February 2018 [Recording: 38] Report given. Refer to recording/transcript for details. [Decision]: Recommend to close.

→ 14 March [Recording: 10:00]  Program was explained. There may be about $4K o discretionary money that can be used fro this next year. No action Topic generated. [Decision]: Recommend to keep in the agenda to inform allocation of the two last spots in this program

→ 09 april [Recording: 25] William (WC) mentioned that his trip to the ARIN is more strategic in comparison to the GA trip to New Orleans and that he is looking forward to help out. Glenn sent to WC brochures and materials to help with the outreach.  Glenn also mentioned that he is going to attend The Digital Inclusion in Cleveland and Judith the RigthsCon in Toronto where she is going to be one of panelist as the At-Large Global Indigenous Ambassador program. Read more details in the transcripts (page 12) [Decision]: ACTION Topic: William, Glenn and Judith to prepare to work with Evin and Mario from staff to make sure that all the activities are posted on at-large social media, Twitter, Facebook. Also, to provide short written reports to staff to start documenting all of these activities and some of the achievements.

→ 14 May [Recording: 30:35]  Running out of time at this moment of the agenda.   [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting as first Topic in the agenda.

→ 11June [Recording: 3:34]  Glenn and Judith reported. Glenn RigthsCon leads: Canadian National Institute of the Blind (CNIB) & First Nations doing libraries throughout the Midwest. Judith RigthsCon leads: not specific leads but mentioned that she is following up with some of them. William's report pending. Final specifics about FY19 CROP still pending. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

→ 09 July [Recording: 28:57]  Glenn RightsCon leads: Canadian National Institute of the Blind (CNIB) working on getting their application in soon. Glenn Digital inclusion leads: First Nations doing libraries throughout the Midwest. Judith RightsCon leads: couple Canadian and US non-profits, William's report pending [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

→ 13 August [Recording: 4:00]: New ALSs application by ALTERANTIVE was outreached during the DNS symposium in Montreal which was a CROP sponsored event attended by Glenn. William's report pending. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

→ 10 September [Recording: 02:00] William's report pending. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

→ 8 October [Recording: 21:00]: William's report pending. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

→ 12 November [Recording: 09:30]: William's report pending. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

→ 10 December [Recording: 05:34X]: William's report pending. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

→ 14 January  [Recording: 03:00]: William's report pending. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

Topic 042: New NARALO Members

LEAD: Joey Doyle

OPEN: [open date], DORMANT: 10 June 2019 

TYPE: Outreach

DESCRIPTION: To introduce new members to the region

→ 10 September [Recording: 05:50]  George Kirikos introduced himself. From transcript : "I’ve been [using the Internet] for a very long time. Way back, well, I guess when I was in school, we used the Commodore PETs in grade 7. So that got me hooked on computers. I was an early user of bulletin board systems, which obviously then transformed into Internet and AOL and things like that way back in the early 80s." Check transcript starting in page #4 for more details. - Check transcript starting in page #4 for more details. Joey was not available for this call. Will try to confirm him for our next call. Alfredo introduced two NA fellows that will be participating in ICANN63 as fellows. These were Michael Casadevall and Janos Szurdi. Check transcript starting in page #6 for more details. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting

→ 8 October [Recording: 55:42]: Jeremy introduced himself. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

→ 12 November [Recording: 09:50]: Robert introduced himself. Joey was not present during this meeting. Check transcript starting in page #7 for more details.

→ 10 December [Recording: XX:XX]: Joey was not present in the meeting. Carry forward to next meeting.

→ 11 February  [Recording:XX:XX]: Pierre introduced himself. Check transcript starting in page #8 for more details.

→ 8 April: David Mackey introduced himself. Check recording starting at 3:00 for more details. José Lebron introduced himself. Check recording starting at 7:00 for more details.


Topic 043: Social Media Update Report

LEAD: Susannah Gray 

OPEN: 10 Sept 2018, DORMANT: 10 June 2019

TYPE: Outreach

DESCRIPTION: To report on the At-Large Social Media Working Group (SoMe) and NARALO required efforts to support this initiative

→ 10 September [Recording: 28:30] Report given. Transcript excerpt: "The thing I guess at this point we’re really looking from NARALO as some additional volunteers from the community to be on point if NARALO-related social media. As I put in the chat, if you’re interested, please contact me or one of the staff on this call or Evin. And we’ll put your name in the hat, and we’ll get busy. We have a lot of work to do." Transcript excerpt by Alfredo asking for #hashtags : "...if it’s possible to have an action Topic where we, as NARALO, can make a list of all the hashtags of all the ALSes that we have in our region so that we can monitor what activities they are doing, I and Susannah, as the social media leaders, can funnel that information so that At-Large can have access to it in a timely formal manner." Check transcript starting in page #17 for more details [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting

Topic 067: Introduction of New Individual  Members

LEAD: Eduardo Diaz

OPEN:15 July 2019, CLOSED: Dormant 

TYPE: [General]

DESCRIPTION: To introduce new individual members to the region

  • New members: 
    • Nat Cohen
    • Bill Jouris
    • Denise de Alcantara

→ 12  August: Bill and Denise introduced themselves

→ 09 September: Time was put on dormant state while creating the new agenda.


  • No labels