NARALO Monthly Teleconference 

Date: Monday, 10 November 2014

Time: 20:00 UTC (for the time in various timezones click here)  

How can I participate in this meeting? 1(800)550-6865, Teleconference ID: 1638

Adobe Connect Link:

(If you have never attended a Connect Pro meeting before: Test your connection and get a quick overview)

Attendees: Eduardo Diaz, Evan Leibovitch, Gordon Chillcott, Glenn McKnight,  Louis Houle, Allan Skuce, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Alan Greenberg, Garth Bruen, Judith Hellerstein, Jane McDonnell,  Joly Macfie, Tom Lowenhaupt, Christopher Mondini


Staff:  Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Joe Catapano, Terri Agnew

Call management: Terri Agnew

Summary Minutes:    

Action Items: Action Items 10 November 2014

Transcript:     EN     

Chat: AC Chat transcript 10 November 2014              

Recording: EN


1. Welcome and Roll call - Staff (2 min)

2.1:  "First Nations" Mentoring Program-

2.2. Staff: Please advise of the status of the request to grant access to VIBUG for the development and testing of new ICANN web features for the visually impaired.

2.3. All: Potential ALS decerticifations pending: and Web405. To the knowledge of the Chair they have not voted or participated in At-Large Summits. The chair will conduct extensive outreach and collect regional consensus before proceeding. Please alert the Secretary or staff if you have any knowledge of or communication with these groups.

UPDATE from Ariel : If NARALO wish to decertify these two ALSes, we will need to put them on the Former At-Large Structure wiki space here and present the evidence of their inactivity. Their voting records should be good evidence

2.4. Staff: please check on the request of Steve Crocker to invite Ken Harrenstein to present in Los Angeles (per At-Large leadership meeting Buenos Aires - See 4.1.5)

2.5. All: NARALO and  ARIN,  MOU. .

3. Updates, Meetings & Events (5 Minutes)

3.1. ICANN  LA  Meeting  Summary Report 

3.1.1 NARALO Showcase-   Glenn

3.1.2  ATLARGE  Outreach Table  in ICANN Village - Glenn

3.1.4. Continuing Discussion on Alternate DNS Structures - Evan

3.2 CROPP Outreach Travel Suggestions

  1. NTED- Glenn- Approved

     2. - Evan-March- Submitted

     3    SXSW- Judith- March-

     4-   ARIN -Evan


Consumer Electronics Show January 6-9 2015 Las Vegas

NTEN March 4-6 Austin, Texas

South by Southwest March 13-22, Austin Texas


4. Communication/Outreach Strategy

4.1. Efforts to engage/outreach Disabled Communities

4.1.1. Plan to have NARALO's VIBUG engaged in web-accessibility testing and development

4.1.3. Plan to have a presentation on disable friendly technology Keynotes at ICANN meetings

4.1.4. ICANN Needs a visually impaired staff member to coordinate visually impaired community agenda

4.1.5. Plan to have Ken Harrenstien present in Los Angeles (Keynote) YouTube's Closed Caption 'Jedi': On cc Upgrades, Searchability And Why It's Personal Author of RFC 742 NAME/FINGER ICANN Should as a standard include Closed Captioning for ALL filmed ICANN Sessions

4.2. Automation of the ALS Application (Need Staff Assistance)

4.3.  Aligning CROPP with Outreach Goals

4.4.  Outreach recruitment queue

4.4.1. Submit recommendations to Murray McKercher

4.5. Creation of group to liaise between different municipal TLD applicants/operators (Tom L)


5. Our Community (10 Minutes)

5.1. NARALO ALS Spotlight - CLUE   EVAN

6. Committee/Working Group Activity - for All WG/Committee Reports

6.1.NOMCOM Report Submitted by Louis H. (NomCom Report)

6.3. Accountability and Transparency Review Team (ATRT2) Report

6.4. Future Challenges Working Group

6.5. CROPP Reports

6.6. At-Large Finance and Budget Subcommittee

6.7. Privacy and Proxy services Accreditation Issues WG

6.8. Board Member Selection Process Committee (BMSPC)

6.9. At-Large ICANN Accessibility Working Group

7.  At-Large Advisory Committee "ALAC" Issues (Olivier, Evan, Eduardo, Alan - 10 Minutes)

7.1 Policy Advice Development Page

a. Recently adopted ALAC Statements, Documents or Groups:

b. Statements or Endorsements currently being developed, reviewed or voted on by the ALAC

c. Currently Open Public Comments

8. ICANN Functions (5 Minutes) (Communication Strategy III.5)


8.1 Compliance Tracking

8.1.1. Ongoing Compliance/Ombudsman Issue


8.2 Language and Translation

8.2.1: An abstract of the Naralo Monthly Meeting that we could post on our Web site (or RSS it), including some of the documents produced by ICANN, that we discuss and that would be worth translating to attract attention toward NARALO.


8.3 Travel


8.3.1 All travel-sponsor related issues should be reported or copied to the Chair.

2.5.Staff: We have also requested that CT remove the "On-site during the meeting This option should only be used if you do not have any bank account." option from the travel support form as this has caused confusion.


8.3.2 Travel Support Guidelines


8.4. New gTLDs

8.4.2. Letter from Chair on reserving At-Large related strings being drafted


8.5. On tracking travel-related reimbursement, and other staff actions, we need a better tracking system with full-disclosure. Conversations via Skype, etc, can't be tracked.


8.6. Discussions of unique uses for the DNS: TOR, Alternate DNS, etc


9. Any Other Business "AOB" (2 Minutes)


9.1. News

10. Action Items


10.1 Previously Closed Action Items


2.4. Staff: Please Advise of the status of Garth G. Travel Reimbursement (Received, confirmed, complete)

2.8. Staff: please report to the Chair and Secretary on the official voting history and call attendance of and Web405

4.4.3. Re-engagement of Consumer Web Watch (as Consumers Union) attempted by Chair

2.4. Staff: Please Advise of the status of Robert C. Travel Reimbursement (2nd Call)

  • No labels