Claudia Ruiz: (1/14/2019 11:26) Welcome to the NARALO Monthly Teleconference Call on Monday, 14 January 2019 at 20:00 UTC

  Claudia Ruiz: (11:26)

  Michael Casadevall: (11:46) I'm good, but my computer isn't seeing my mic

  Claudia Ruiz: (11:47) Would you like a dial out?

  Michael Casadevall: (11:47) I'll PM if I need it, or Ican dial in

  Michael Casadevall: (11:47) I don't have a good handsfree set for my phone

  Michael Casadevall: (11:48) Think I just need to reboot

  Claudia Ruiz: (11:48) Ok, understood. Thank you.

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (11:49) Hi

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (11:50) I am calling in on Adigo for a clear line

  A-Eduardo Díaz: (11:50) Hello everyone!

  Silvia Vivanco: (11:50) Hello all Happy New Year

  Michael Casadevall: (11:53) Sometimes I feel like technology is moving backwards with audio; there was a time where it all just used to work reliably

  Michael Casadevall: (11:53) Thank you

  Gordon Chillcott - GTALUG: (11:54) Same to you, Glenn. 

  George Kirikos: (11:54) Hi folks.

  Silvia Vivanco: (11:54) :) Happy and Prosperous New Year!

  Michael Casadevall: (11:54) So I do have some things for AOB, I attended the UASG F2F meeting

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (11:54) Thanks Michael

  Michael Casadevall: (11:55) I also will be at IFF 2019 for DNS research

  George Kirikos: (11:55)

  Alfredo Calderon (ISOCPR): (11:56) Hi Michael.

  George Kirikos: (11:56) Many online forms, apps, etc. don't recognize new gTLDs, so the UASG is designed to get those domains "accepted".

  Heidi Ullrich: (11:58) Welcome, All!

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (11:59) Folks the  December  newsletter went out  recently,  It went out later than ususal to give extra time for their articles. 

  Alfredo Calderon (ISOCPR): (11:59) Hola a todos. Hello to all!

  Susannah Gray (SF Bay ISOC Chapter): (11:59) HI Everyone

  Silvia Vivanco: (12:00) Welcome all

  Silvia Vivanco: (12:01) Welcome to our colleagues Chris and Joe

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:02) Welcome all

  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (12:02) Hi all

  George Kirikos: (12:02) My name was missing from the list of participants in the upper right pod.

  Amolik Kakade - (SF Bay ISOC): (12:02) Hi Everyone

  judith Hellerstein: (12:02) welcome all

  Chris Mondini: (12:02) Hi All

  judith Hellerstein: (12:03) Can you unsynch the agenda

  Claudia Ruiz: (12:03) Welcome Ken Herman

  judith Hellerstein: (12:03) thanks

  Ken Herman: (12:03) Thank you, Claudia.

  Claudia Ruiz: (12:04) Welcome John More

  Michael Casadevall: (12:04) Adobe hung for me

  Michael Casadevall: (12:04) @George: it's more than that, including making IDNs and EAIs work as first class citizens

  George Kirikos: (12:04) @MichaelC: yes, that's the "etc". :-)

  Claudia Ruiz: (12:04) Welcome Amolik Kakade

  judith Hellerstein: (12:05) He posted an apology

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:05) Pierre  sent his regrets

  A-Eduardo Díaz: (12:08) VEry good!

  judith Hellerstein: (12:09) I will also use some discretionary funds to pay for an extra day of the conference as it is 3 full days

  Claudia Ruiz: (12:09) Welcome Adrian Schmidt

  Alfredo Calderon (ISOCPR): (12:09) @Michael, congratulations.

  judith Hellerstein: (12:09) I have an item for AOB

  Claudia Ruiz: (12:10) Welcome Yubelkys Montalvo

  Yubelkys Montalvo: (12:10) Hi to everyone

  Yubelkys Montalvo: (12:10) thanks Claudia

  Claudia Ruiz: (12:11) Welcome Allan Skuce

  John More: (12:11) You can reveal me.

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:11) thanks John

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:12) Each  applicants were able to apply and provide their statement of intent

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:12) John did you want to comment

  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (12:13) No, said what I was going to say. :)

  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (12:13) +1 Susannah

  judith Hellerstein: (12:13) Each selection committee is different

  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (12:14) NARALO EvalCom (NomCom lite)

  Susannah Gray (SF Bay ISOC Chapter): (12:14) YEs Judith, but they should assess by the same guidelines

  judith Hellerstein: (12:14) some selection committees prefer to remain anonymous

  Susannah Gray (SF Bay ISOC Chapter): (12:14) They shouldn't.

  John More: (12:14) we can review the issue, but I am not interested in elaborate guidelines.

  Susannah Gray (SF Bay ISOC Chapter): (12:14) remain anonymous.

  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (12:14) Concur John. Not elaborate but still formalized

  Susannah Gray (SF Bay ISOC Chapter): (12:15) Agree John: shouldn't be overly prescriptive.

  Susannah Gray (SF Bay ISOC Chapter): (12:16) Who took your flight Glenn?

  Leah Symekher (SFBay Area ISOC): (12:16) Glen - Can you explain the CROP funding not being available next year?

  Susannah Gray (SF Bay ISOC Chapter): (12:16) Thank you Glen.

  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (12:17) Greater transparency would be good (support Susannah)

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:17) If its the case  Heidi  it your suggestions will be included in the  FY19 plan

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:17) its a good idea

  Heidi Ullrich: (12:18) Perhaps a representative group could be selected/appointed each FY to review applications according to an agreed set of criteria and based on the NARALO FY20 outreach plan.

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:18) Good points.

  Alfredo Calderon (ISOCPR): (12:18) And they are 'Volunteers'.

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:19) I think we can flesh out the details on the selection committee,  Silvia  can you add this as my action item to start the document to share

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:19) @siliva did you see my AI

  Susannah Gray (SF Bay ISOC Chapter): (12:19) I would be happy to contribute to  guidelines/criteria Glen

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:19) Thanks

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:20) @Silivia can you create a wiki page.  This will be of value to all the RALO

  John More: (12:20) Bad connection. I may be cut off.

  Heidi Ullrich: (12:20) Criteria are used for RALO Discretionary funding. However, staff do the reviewing and approval.

  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (12:20) Nominate Susannah

  Susannah Gray (SF Bay ISOC Chapter): (12:20) Nominate me for what?

  Heidi Ullrich: (12:20) the criterial were developed by the Regional leadership of At-Large

  Leah Symekher (SFBay Area ISOC): (12:20) Happy to work with Susannah

  Silvia Vivanco: (12:20) @ Glenn, yes, please what would be the tutle of the wiki page

  judith Hellerstein: (12:20) whoever is on the committee cannot take the crop trip

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:21) RALO CROP Selection Commitee Selection Process

  judith Hellerstein: (12:21) @glenn happy to be on the committee as well

  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (12:21) To work on minimal formal structure for selection

  Susannah Gray (SF Bay ISOC Chapter): (12:22) Ah yes, got it John.

  John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (12:22) :)

  Heidi Ullrich: (12:22) RALO Discretionary Funding Workspace:

  Heidi Ullrich: (12:23) @Alfredo, we've seen your request but haven't processed it yet ;)

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:24) @Heidi   I sent my request to you

  Alfredo Calderon (ISOCPR): (12:24) @Heidi, Early Bird Fees is mid February.

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:24) this is a small table top display

  judith Hellerstein: (12:24) Can the wiki page be tagged so we can easily find it. Very difficult to find

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:24) its a cute version  , minature version of our large banner

  Claudia Ruiz: (12:25) Welcome Ron da Silva

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:25) @ Nomcom report is in the  Newsletter for  December

  Heidi Ullrich: (12:27) @Judith, which page?

  Leah Symekher (SFBay Area ISOC): (12:27)

  Heidi Ullrich: (12:28) Alan will be on the call shortly

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:28) Question to Leah 

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:29) ED  i have a comment to Leah

  judith Hellerstein: (12:29) I am filling the discretionary fund form out as well?

  judith Hellerstein: (12:30) Yes good question

  Michael Casadevall: (12:30) sorry for the disconnects, I'm getting connect freezes, audio works, chat hangs :(

  judith Hellerstein: (12:30) In the AOB- I want to talk about the work of the committee that Maureen has appointed me to which is looking at how we can work better with our RIR

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:31) Silvia is setting up the Wiki page on the RALO CROP Selection Attendee Guidelines. 

  judith Hellerstein: (12:31) @michael. have you downloaded the adobe app or our you using it through the browser

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:31) Please email me your ideas

  Michael Casadevall: (12:31) @Judith: I'm on Linux, so I can't use the app (I think). I've never had this problem before.

  Michael Casadevall: (12:31) Audio keeps going, I just get hangs with chat.

  judith Hellerstein: (12:32) @michael, there is a work around for linux it should be on the technology issues page

  judith Hellerstein: (12:32) let me ask dev about it

  Michael Casadevall: (12:32) ++

  Gordon Chillcott - GTALUG: (12:32) @Michael:   Try using the Chrome browser to connect.

  Michael Casadevall: (12:33) I can hear you

  Michael Casadevall: (12:33) Hold on

  judith Hellerstein: (12:35) Welcome Ron

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:37) Hi Ron

  judith Hellerstein: (12:38) it is maureen's committee

  judith Hellerstein: (12:38) Alberto Soto is chairing it

  Michael Casadevall: (12:38) I also have a follow-up on Internet Freedom Festival, if we have time for that but as that's not until April, we may have time at the end.

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:39) I would suggest writing articles for the Monthly newsleteters to all with pics on events you are attending

  judith Hellerstein: (12:40) Can I come in front of Chris

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:40) Not  60 people from NARALO.......

  Alfredo Calderon (ISOCPR): (12:40) ATLAS III -

  Michael Casadevall: (12:40) /me was planning on attending Montreal (for ICANN66) out of pocket)

  Michael Casadevall: (12:40) Sorry about that.

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:41) We intend to sponsor 10 folks for NASIG 2019 before  ICANN

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:41) North American SIG  is scheduled for  Oct 31 and Nov 1

  A-Eduardo Díaz: (12:41) @Michael - you can apply and if selected the you can be supported with per diem and hotel

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:42) I spoke with ARIN on their program.   Susan's  Hamlin's  email

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:42) At their August meeting, the Board decided to expand the current Process for Funding ARIN External Projects and Entities into a  new Grants Program. Program details are being developed and it will be announced in early January.

  Susannah Gray (SF Bay ISOC Chapter): (12:42) Judith what is this committee?

  Michael Casadevall: (12:42) I am planning to talk with Glenn to hammer out a solid plan on how to handle the collobration for the CROP trip in doing so with ARIN.

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:43) Judith what is the name of the committee, link to details please

  Claudia Ruiz: (12:43) Welcome Alan Greenberg

  Heidi Ullrich: (12:43) Might be good to talk with Jonathan re the ARIN issue.

  judith Hellerstein: (12:43) Vickery Auctions

  George Kirikos: (12:43)

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:43) See note i added above on ARIN  Grants programme

  judith Hellerstein: (12:44) There is not wiki page that I know of for this committee

  judith Hellerstein: (12:44) it has been on email only

  Susannah Gray (SF Bay ISOC Chapter): (12:44) What is the name of the committee

  Alan Greenberg: (12:44) Sorry to be late. I can talk about EPDP if there is time and interest.

  Heidi Ullrich: (12:44) Welcome, Alan!

  judith Hellerstein: (12:45) From Maureen--eed is a round table discussion with the RIRs are a panel of contributors explaining what they see as their responsibility to their communities and how they implement that. It would explain the variety of approaches because they don't ALL have to do what are the expectations in the same way, but it would also get ALS and others talking about how they can work in with what is already being done and how they could do things for themselves associated with what is on..

  Heidi Ullrich: (12:45) There will be a Leadership Skills session with David Kolb who facilitates the ICANN Academy courses. 

  Marita Moll: (12:46) Domaine Incite on Vickeray auctions:

  Alan Greenberg: (12:46) I won't use a lot of time.

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:46) Can i get the slides so i can convert to Ebook

  Alan Greenberg: (12:46) Unless people insist!  ;-)

  judith Hellerstein: (12:46) At Susanna, the goal is to participate in a discussion with the combined RALOs to get some feedback about the collaboration that occurs between the RIRs and their RALO leaders.

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:46) Alan are you in Toronto now?

  Yubelkys Montalvo: (12:47) thanks

  Leah Symekher (SFBay Area ISOC): (12:47) yes, want to hear from Mondini :-)

  Susannah Gray (SF Bay ISOC Chapter): (12:47) Yes Judith I understand. I want to know the name of the committee that is working on this.

  Ron da Silva: (12:47) is it just me or is audio on / off ?

  Alan Greenberg: (12:47) @Glenn, nope. Tomorrow..  Meeting is Wed-Fri.

  judith Hellerstein: (12:48) @susannah i do not think it has a name besides collaboration with RIRs

  Susannah Gray (SF Bay ISOC Chapter): (12:48) So it's not a formal comittee? Can anyone join?

  judith Hellerstein: (12:48) @ron. I think it is just you and your connectivity. if you connectivity drops the volume or sound goes on and off

  judith Hellerstein: (12:49) @susannah not really sure. I am not sure how I got appointed.

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:49) @alan is the meetings open or closed?

  Susannah Gray (SF Bay ISOC Chapter): (12:50) Yes, I'd be interested to know that too Judith!

  Susannah Gray (SF Bay ISOC Chapter): (12:50) As well as the committee's composition, mandate etc

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:50) Don't forget   NASIG  prior to  ICANN montreal in  Oct 31 and Nov 1

  Susannah Gray (SF Bay ISOC Chapter): (12:51) On that note, do we have a list of all NARALO apppintments so we can see who has been appointed to which group/committee etc. Think I recall something in the past...

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:51)

  Greg Shatan: (12:51) <waving hi>

  Alfredo Calderon (ISOCPR): (12:53) @Chris, ISOCPR plans to institutionalize 'Read Outs', in Spanish, after each ICANN Meeting.

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:55) SLIDESHOW  please to convert to Ebook

  Claudia Ruiz: (12:56) Welcome David Morris

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:56) Hi David

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:56) We are wrapping up soon

  Silvia Vivanco: (12:57) Thank you for this update Chris!

  David Morris: (12:57) Hi Claudia.  Had some trouble getting the webmeeting set up.  I'm new reprenting Hawaii State Bar IP/Tech section.  Can I introduce real quick?

  Chris Mondini: (12:57) feel free to contact me any time

  Susannah Gray (SF Bay ISOC Chapter): (12:57) Thanks Chris, comprehensive update

  Alfredo Calderon (ISOCPR): (12:57) @Chris, great job.

  Joe Catapano: (12:57) @Glenn, I can send you the slides

  Yubelkys Montalvo: (12:57) thank you Chris

  Yubelkys Montalvo: (12:57) excellent job!

  Chris Mondini: (12:57) please share the slides with the group

  Leah Symekher (SFBay Area ISOC): (12:57) Thank you Chris that was vrey helpful.

  judith Hellerstein: (12:57) @chris congrats on the move back to the west coast. you missed the big snow we had here-over 9 inches in dc

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (12:58) Is the Toronto meetings open or  closed this week

  George Kirikos: (12:58) That was a crazy form (I submitted comments too).

  Claudia Ruiz: (12:58) @all the slides are linked to the wiki page :

  Leah Symekher (SFBay Area ISOC): (12:58) May we have Chris Mondini's slides emailed to the group. Thanks

  Leah Symekher (SFBay Area ISOC): (12:59) @ Claudia ..Thanks

  Chris Mondini: (12:59) I have to go no thanks all

  A-Eduardo Díaz: (13:00) @All: PLease stay for 5 for minutes.

  George Kirikos: (13:01) Thanks Alan. Inability to opt-in to make info be public is a major concern.

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (13:01) @ Alan is the meeting open 

  George Kirikos: (13:01) I've had people pretend that they own my company's domains, for example.

  George Kirikos: (13:02) How do I prove I own my own domains? It's crazy at present.

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (13:02) I can come to the meeting since i live outside of Toronto

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (13:02) Here is the Ebook of  Chris presentation

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (13:02)

  George Kirikos: (13:03) I'm not even based in Europe.

  George Kirikos: (13:03) It's essentially allowing European legislators to compel rules over non-Europeans.

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (13:03) Welcome

  judith Hellerstein: (13:03) Welcoem david

  judith Hellerstein: (13:03) *welcome david morris

  Alfredo Calderon (ISOCPR): (13:05) Welcome,  @David.

  Silvia Vivanco: (13:05) Thank you all

  Yubelkys Montalvo: (13:05) thank you

  George Kirikos: (13:05) Bye folks.

  Marita Moll: (13:05) Bye all

  Yubelkys Montalvo: (13:05) have a good day

  Susannah Gray (SF Bay ISOC Chapter): (13:05) bye

  Glenn McKnight( FBSC): (13:05) Thanks all, bye

  Alfredo Calderon (ISOCPR): (13:05) Bye to all.

  judith Hellerstein: (13:05) bye a;;

  Silvia Vivanco: (13:05) Thank you all

  judith Hellerstein: (13:05) all

  Greg Shatan: (13:05) Bye!

  Michael Casadevall: (13:05) thanks all

  A-Eduardo Díaz: (13:05) Bye All.

  Amolik Kakade (SF Bay ISOC): (13:05) thank you

  Gordon Chillcott - GTALUG: (13:05) Thanks and bye for now.

  Adrian Schmidt: (13:05) bye!!!

  allan skuce: (13:05) thanks bye


  • No labels