Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to the NARALO Monthly Call on Monday, 08 May 2017 at 19:00 UTC

  Yesim Nazlar:Agenda:

  John Laprise:I can hear you now

  Wes Boudville:hi !

  Glenn McKnight:hi

  Wes Boudville:audio is coming thru fine.

  Glenn McKnight:

  Glenn McKnight:Hi Wes  here is the ALS  Expertise  Table

  Wes Boudville:in the expertise table, are we going to discuss all of this today?

  Glenn McKnight:no

  Glenn McKnight:Its a survey of the ALS and Unaffilaited members  expertise

  Wes Boudville:oh, ok

  Glenn McKnight:Please  enter your details

  Glenn McKnight:Its not on the agenda  

  Glenn McKnight:160 enteries  started on Feb 28

  Louis Houle:Hi everyone

  Wes Boudville:I'm seeing the google docs document fine


  Wes Boudville:unfortunately, I don't have audio  at my current PC ?  :(

  Javier Rúa-Jovet:Hi to all

  Silvia Vivanco:Welcome all

  Louis Houle:I'm on the French channel

  Silvia Vivanco:Thank you for joining the French channel Louis

  Yesim Nazlar:thanks Louis, noting you

  Louis Houle:Merci

  Silvia Vivanco:

  Silvia Vivanco:IGF Proposal :

  Glenn McKnight:Hi Alan, Leah, Loris, Howard, Dustin, Dev, Javier, Judith, Louis And Wes

  Silvia Vivanco:NASIG proposal:

  Glenn McKnight:Hi Eve

  Glenn McKnight:Loris did you want to speak on it

  Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Eve!

  Silvia Vivanco:Global Indigenous Program:

  Heidi Ullrich:Well done to NARALO. These are very exciting proposals!

  Loris Taylor:Hello all.  My sound is not connected.  Sorry

  Eve Edelson:Hello all!

  Glenn McKnight:19 iut of 24 approved

  Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Tom!

  Javier Rúa-Jovet:Follow the North American School of Internet Governance on Tweeter!!!: @nasig2018

  Glenn McKnight:Thanks  Javier

  Silvia Vivanco:Captioning proposal:

  Eve Edelson:Javier, @nasig2018 folowed :)

  Javier Rúa-Jovet:Cool!!!

  Eve Edelson:Plebeian works for me

  Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Seth!

  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:perhaps elements of Evan's proposal could be pushed through via the Social Media and/or Outreach and Engagement groups

  Heidi Ullrich:Evin is encouraged to work with Comms to start with one aspect of his request

  Heidi Ullrich:Sorry, Evan!

  Silvia Vivanco:NARALO GA:

  Glenn McKnight:NARALO  Individual photos Photos

  Silvia Vivanco:Documents are posted :

  Eve Edelson:My comment is I couldn't go and I am jealous!

  Silvia Vivanco:It was the first time a GA was collocated with a RIR

  Yubelkys:was excellent!

  Silvia Vivanco:Action Items:

  Louis Houle:...Positive and profitable for our community. It's important to get to know each other and F2F meeting during the AGA has been great for that.

  Glenn McKnight:thanks all for the comments

  Glenn McKnight:Please see the centre panel

  Glenn McKnight:These are the action items from the colloborative notes

  Eve Edelson:thx for that Sylvia

  Heidi Ullrich:It was a best practice GA :)

  judith hellerstein:Thanks @heidi and others

  Javier Rúa-Jovet:Some comments I’ve made: On value of ARIN/NARALO relations -  On one side, the end-user’s perspective brought by NARALO members to this (and future) ARIN meetings helps ARIN question and challenge some of its own historic assumptions about its policies. For example, John Curran, during our NARALO breakfast, became truly aware of the fact (and communicated this fact to us) that although there are always complications and minutiae to deal with, the IPv6 environment where numbers are no longer a limited resource, opens a new world for end-users as individual owners of IP address blocks.  ARIN also obviously benefits from the effects of evangelization: NARALO attendees learn ARIN better, and we then can explain the role of ARIN and its services better to our peers and others in the ecosystem.  In terms of NARALO benefits, I found the networking of particular value. The networking opportunities opened up by this type of NARALO/ARIN synergy were significant.

  Leah Symekher:It was an amazing GA :-)!!  

  Glenn McKnight:FYI   we sent the comments to Richard Jimmerman on the synergy of ARIN and us

  Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Beran!

  Beran Gillen:thanks Yesim

  Glenn McKnight:Next Itme on Communication

  Glenn McKnight:

  Glenn McKnight:THis is the work in progress

  Glenn McKnight:One sec Alan

  Beran Gillen:hello everyone

  Glenn McKnight:Hi Beran

  Louis Houle:...and an understandable language. Not ICANNish! (-;)

  Seth Reiss 2:So did I and I am not sure anyone took notice!

  Silvia Vivanco:@ Judith let us know when you would like a doodle out for the next NARALO ROPs call

  Glenn McKnight:

  Glenn McKnight:

  Glenn McKnight:ELECTION

  Glenn McKnight:

  Glenn McKnight:MAY 12 Closure of Nominations

  Silvia Vivanco:no comments

  Silvia Vivanco:from us

  Glenn McKnight:Please post

  Silvia Vivanco:Items Wiki page:

  Javier Rúa-Jovet:Im not optimistic.

  Glenn McKnight:The Westlake report was the last report

  Javier Rúa-Jovet:Go @eduardo! Evangelizing!

  Javier Rúa-Jovet:Now at least people know that NARALO exists!

  Glenn McKnight:Please  apply for the  ARIN fellowships and the ICANN Fellowships

  Eve Edelson:It's continually surprising to me, what people do and do not know about other, related organizations

  Eduardo Diaz:we an ARIN oin the Road event in PR in August of this year. Expect to have around 100 participants.

  Wes Boudville:will the bad economic news in PR affect the ARIN Road event there ?

  Eduardo Diaz:@Wes: No. It is the government that is going broke. The rest of the population is just doing whatever it does everyday.

  Glenn McKnight:Please post  Dev's slides thanks

  Glenn McKnight:Dev you will be next

  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:ok

  Glenn McKnight:one sec Alan

  Glenn McKnight:sorry no introduction go ahead

  Glenn McKnight:Beran did you want to say something

  judith hellerstein:APRALO had done an amazing job with their onboarding session in HYderabad.  YOu might want to check in with them.  I thought the sessions were amazin

  Heidi Ullrich:@Judith, this is another version of onboarding that should be incorporated

  Beran Gillen:only if there are any questions

  Beran Gillen:Glen

  Beran Gillen:sorry had a short

  Beran Gillen:disconnect

  Glenn McKnight:

  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:

  Glenn McKnight:This is the NARALO Draft NARALO plan

  Glenn McKnight:CROPP Plan

  Beran Gillen:Heidi seems we need to really bring all onboarding plans

  Beran Gillen:under one umbrella

  Wes Boudville:yes - looks like good summary

  judith hellerstein:Yes exactly

  Beran Gillen:background not so good

  Louis Houle:Thanks Dev, very interesting document!

  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:

  Glenn McKnight:Action item: Please provide your comments to the wiki

  Eve Edelson:Re: Dev's work, maybe it would help to encourage academics to require their students to look at this material -- not just people studying internet governance but politics in general?

  Glenn McKnight:We can organize detailed  Webinar sessions  on Policy forthcoming.   The Hot Topics for  NARALO is key

  Eve Edelson:Also computer science students? I keep meeting network engineers and programmers and sys admins who do not know about these issues and organizations.

  Seth Reiss 2:Can you speak up Beran?

  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:If you have links to useful materials as to explain the DNS, etc, please suggest them!

  Beran Gillen:sorry Seth

  Seth Reiss 2:non problema

  Beran Gillen:audio not so good

  Heidi Ullrich:ICANN LEARN:

  Beran Gillen:agree 100%

  Beran Gillen:love the podcast idea

  Eve Edelson:Heidi I agree

  Louis Houle:Good idea. Coordination would be profitable!

  Loris Taylor:Great reports!  Thank you

  Javier Rúa-Jovet:Go NARALO!!!

  Javier Rúa-Jovet:Bye!

  Eve Edelson:bye all

  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:thanks all

  Dustin Phillips:Bye!

  Beran Gillen:thanks all

  Louis Houle:Bye everyone

  Heidi Ullrich:Bye!

  Beran Gillen:bye

  Silvia Vivanco:Bye all


  • No labels