Yesim Nazlar: (10/24/2018 15:19) Hello, my name is Yeşim Nazlar and I will be monitoring this chat room. In this role, I am the voice for the remote participants, ensuring that they are heard equally with those who are “in-room” participants. When submitting a question that you want me to read out loud on the mic, please provide your name and affiliation if you have one, start your sentence with <QUESTION> and end it with <QUESTION>. When submitting a comment that you want me to read out loud of the mic, once again provide your name and affiliation if you have one then start your sentence with a <COMMENT> and end it with <COMMENT>.  Text outside these quotes will be considered as part of “chat” and will not be read out loud on the mic. Any questions or comments provided outside of the session time will not be read aloud. Please note that audio is available in French and Spanish. All chat sessions are being archived and follow the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_resources_pages_expected-2Dstandards-2D2012-2D05-2D1&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=_9mA4LIM1MQDE2Jej-P9Lfme1UZ6L32MAu64H7OKPUQ&s=gYVL77VYuT8oPBJzin0sqsPVvAv5H1HK6cXpaD9GxXg&e=

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (15:26) hi ! safe and sound @ home. connected!

Yesim Nazlar: (15:27) Welcome back home Javier! We'll be starting shortly.

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (15:28) any votes so far?

Yesim Nazlar: (15:30) votes have been done during the previous session

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (15:31) ok

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (15:32) thx

Yesim Nazlar: (15:32) you're welcome

John Laprise: (15:39) yay javier!

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (15:41) they speak English in New York? :)

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (15:44) great comments @Greg. Thx

Greg Shatan: (15:46) Si, Hablamos Ingles en Neuva York!

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (15:47) well put in perfect Puerto Rican.

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (15:51) I can definitely confirm that @Leon always answers messages and does what he tells you he’s going to do.

Sebastien: (15:57) Can we have a link to the presentaion of Greg?

Yesim Nazlar: (15:58) @Sebastien: Linked to the agenda https://community.icann.org/x/oQWNBQ

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:01) thx Yesim

Yesim Nazlar: (16:03) you're welcome Javier

Yesim Nazlar: (16:03) apologies for the technical issues.

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:04) all-ok

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:10) <Question> do you know if a GDPR-like state law moving in California? If so, would that affect or impact ICANN org as a California legal person?

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:11) missed a verb (is)

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:16) <Question> will that GDPR-like California las impact Icann as a California legal person?

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:17) law not las

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:19) ha!!!!

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:20) great work @Greg

Greg Shatan: (16:21) Gracias!

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:21) Day - na - duh!

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:24) just saw a Benjamin Franklin look-alike walk behind @Seb. Ah wait, it’s @Glenn!

judith hellerstein: (16:24) who was appointed as the eu

judith hellerstein: (16:24) representative to nomcom rep

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:26) +1 @Greg on all plus Neylon lure.

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:27) @Andrei is “Back in the GDPR”, the new GEMS theme song.

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:30)  @Beto! Te queremos!

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:30) @Humberto should run for the Presidency in Chile.

Alexis Anteliz / VE: (16:31) Saludos y merecido reconocimiento a @alberto, lo mismo para @Humberto

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong: (16:32) congrats

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:32) @Maritza!!!! No te vayas!!!!! Noooooooo

Alexis Anteliz / VE: (16:34) Gracias @Maritza por todo tu maravilloso apoyo desde la secretraria de LACRALO a nuestra comunidad en LAC Felicidades en tus nuevos desafíos

judith hellerstein: (16:35) congrats Maritza

Maritza Aguero: (16:35) jaaa

Maritza Aguero: (16:35) Gracias!!!

Maritza Aguero: (16:36) :)

Maritza Aguero: (16:36) Thanjs!!!

judith hellerstein: (16:36) I texted Seun but he seemed not to be around

Humberto Carrasco: (16:37) thanks my friends

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:42) @Sandra is awesome.  I’m incredibly thankful of her work (and all I learned) in the Leadership Program.  I also think the North American School of Internet Governance we held in San Juan would not have been possible without her pioneer thinking regarding Internet Education

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:49) Can I have cake via AdobeConnect?

ICANN - Tech (Michael): (16:49) i wish i had the technology...

Yesim Nazlar: (16:49) :)

judith hellerstein: (16:49) yes please send some virtual cake to me as well

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:49) maybe someone can get a piece close to the camera and see what happens....

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (16:50) cake please!

judith hellerstein: (16:52) show the gifts

judith hellerstein: (16:53) hi rinalia

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:53) hey Michael from ICANN Tech! get that patch in.

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:56) Is this like SNL’s five timers club? do you get robes and cigars in a private lounge?

ICANN - Tech (Michael): (16:56) cameras are preset to the board mic locations :(

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (16:56) hahaha!

JJS (Jean-Jacques Subrenat): (17:00) Hello All!

Yesim Nazlar: (17:01) Thank you all for participating. This meetig is ended.

• No labels