Yesim Nazlar: Hello, my name is Yeşim Nazlar and I will be monitoring this chat room. In this role, I am the voice for the remote participants, ensuring that they are heard equally with those who are “in-room” participants. When submitting a question that you want me to read out loud on the mic, please provide your name and affiliation if you have one, start your sentence with <QUESTION> and end it with <QUESTION>. When submitting a comment that you want me to read out loud of the mic, once again provide your name and affiliation if you have one then start your sentence with a <COMMENT> and end it with <COMMENT>.  Text outside these quotes will be considered as part of “chat” and will not be read out loud on the mic. Any questions or comments provided outside of the session time will not be read aloud. Please note that audio is available in French and Spanish. All chat sessions are being archived and follow the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_resources_pages_expected-2Dstandards-2D2012-2D05-2D1&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=Xw4KZJY1RMMeAC30oBridc2lPPS-YkfRNNN3RxKGrew&s=w2J4ZO1A6hs18rd7oOlylQcZ6CcGeJewGIN1ZjLGABA&e=

------------------------------------ (10/23/2018 17:04) ------------------------------------

Judith Hellerstein: HI Yesim, What is the dial in number for the room

------------------------------------ (10/23/2018 17:05) ------------------------------------

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): hi to all from 36k feet

------------------------------------ (10/23/2018 17:07) ------------------------------------

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): I participated in the Leadership Program and it’s outstanding.

Judith Hellerstein: The practice was that each ralo decided

Judith Hellerstein: and then those people were told to apply

ICANN - Tech (Michael): @Judith here is the conference info

Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: Hi Javier - how is it there at 36k feet

Yesim Nazlar: Hi Judith, will get you the number shortly

------------------------------------ (10/23/2018 17:09) ------------------------------------

ICANN - Tech (Michael): +1 213-233-3193, then enter 15872643 when prompted

Judith Hellerstein: That is how it was already done

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): @daniel, it’s shaky, noisy and, well, it is what it is.  But at least the plane’s WiFi works!

Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: Thats really great

Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: Though its not nice being shaky

Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: I would like to take the leadership program especially the Chairing program

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): I also did the chairing skills program and discovered I have pretty authoritarian instincts that I have to battle! great learnings!

Judith Hellerstein: thanks Michael

ICANN - Tech (Michael): @Judith the conference ID is 1638 if prompted, 15872643 is the subscriber pin if prompted :)

Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: @Javier, was there also remote attendance

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): nope

------------------------------------ (10/23/2018 17:14) ------------------------------------

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): i was particularly authoritarian on phone chairing....  :)

Judith Hellerstein: Judith Hellerstein <question> can you do the chair program if you have already done the leadership program <question>

------------------------------------ (10/23/2018 17:16) ------------------------------------

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): it was a joint thing when I did it, It might have been a chairing module in the leadership program...

Yesim Nazlar: @Judith: I'll read your question, waiting for my turn

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): thx @yesim! that could be clarified!

Judith Hellerstein: @yesim I put the hand up so they will call on you

------------------------------------ (10/23/2018 17:19) ------------------------------------

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): +1 @John!

------------------------------------ (10/23/2018 17:21) ------------------------------------

Judith Hellerstein: Yes the leadership program was excellent

------------------------------------ (10/23/2018 17:53) ------------------------------------

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): great points @Jonathan.  ALAC is rather pragmatic and less ideological.

------------------------------------ (10/23/2018 18:26) ------------------------------------

Judith Hellerstein: Good session

------------------------------------ (10/23/2018 18:27) ------------------------------------

Poncelet Ileleji: definitely good session

Yesim Nazlar: Thank you all for participating. This meeting is now ended.

• No labels