Yesim Nazlar: (10/21/2018 16:56) Hello, my name is Yeşim Nazlar and I will be monitoring this chat room. In this role, I am the voice for the remote participants, ensuring that they are heard equally with those who are “in-room” participants. When submitting a question that you want me to read out loud on the mic, please provide your name and affiliation if you have one, start your sentence with <QUESTION> and end it with <QUESTION>. When submitting a comment that you want me to read out loud of the mic, once again provide your name and affiliation if you have one then start your sentence with a <COMMENT> and end it with <COMMENT>.  Text outside these quotes will be considered as part of “chat” and will not be read out loud on the mic. Any questions or comments provided outside of the session time will not be read aloud. Please note that audio is available in French and Spanish. All chat sessions are being archived and follow the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_resources_pages_expected-2Dstandards-2D2016-2D06-2D2&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=AtSUPIuxxD7G6zad7R84xCdSDGOfmBsynQJWSb4dXeo&s=X1L-BORK7GxbSaY7MCUCemVYpdu2nTXjDax7UKU7woI&e=

judith hellerstein: (17:01) hi

judith hellerstein: (17:01) when are we starting the session?

judith hellerstein: (17:03) no audio

judith hellerstein: (17:04) ok will reload as I cannot hear Maureen

judith hellerstein: (17:05) can some one check the audio

judith hellerstein: (17:07) will try it on another device

ICANN RP: (17:08) judith, just one moment please

judith hellerstein: (17:08) thanks

Yesim Nazlar: (17:08) @Judith: Tech Team is working on it already

judith hellerstein: (17:08) audio is now back. thanks

ICANN RP: (17:08) no problem

Abdulkarim Oloyede: (17:19) <comment> I think internet governance at the moment is not just one table. It is a lot of tables which i think it is a good thing. Then the rules set by ITU is as a result of a consensus reach by people who are part of this echo system. the aim is not to destroy the internet but to make it stable, hence i disagree with some of Holy;s comment on ITU<commnet>

Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: (17:20) IG is a multi-stakeholder platform

judith hellerstein: (17:22) however icann is on,y

Jimmy Schulz: (17:22) hi all

judith hellerstein: (17:23) icann is not a sector member of the itu so cannot really speak at all

judith hellerstein: (17:23) if icann is to speak at the itu than it needs a different method

judith hellerstein: (17:25) hand up

judith hellerstein: (17:26) question- is the question who is the voice of icann at the itu, at the UN?

judith hellerstein: (17:26) not sure how to ask the question

Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: (17:27) I think the question should be in relation who is responsible to speak onbehalf of ICANN

Abdulkarim Oloyede: (17:27) <comment> yes ICANN cannot speak directly but indirectly.  What ICANN needs to do is to make sure that they engage those who are representing the member states at ITU and the academia. <comment>

judith hellerstein: (17:29) I had a question as well.  am I in the que

Abdulkarim Oloyede: (17:31) thank you

judith hellerstein: (17:31) please remember to ask my question

judith hellerstein: (17:32) my hand is still up

Maureen Hilyard: (17:32) Judith  are you able to speak... or can you write your question in the chat it might be easier.

judith hellerstein: (17:33) I think I can speak

judith hellerstein: (17:33) I put my headset on so hope it works

Maureen Hilyard: (17:33) OK we'll try it

judith hellerstein: (17:34) thanks.

Yesim Nazlar: (17:34) @Judith - you can not use your mic for ICANN meetings. Mic rights for participants are not enabled

judith hellerstein: (17:34) ok so should I dial in

Yesim Nazlar: (17:34) If you'd like to speak, you need to dial-in or we can dial-out to you

judith hellerstein: (17:35) can you call me at 1202 3625139

Yesim Nazlar: (17:35) sure, dialing out to you shortly

judith hellerstein: (17:36) thanks. waiting for the dial out

judith hellerstein: (17:38) if you can give me the number I can call in since no one has called me

Yesim Nazlar: (17:40) @Judith: +1 213-233-3193 Conference ID: 1638

judith hellerstein: (17:41) ok I am dialed in

Yesim Nazlar: (17:41) ok

judith hellerstein: (17:42) can you put these numbers in the chat in the future. thanks

judith hellerstein: (17:42) could not find these on the schedule

judith hellerstein: (17:43) is it too late

Yesim Nazlar: (17:44) noted

judith hellerstein: (17:44) thanks

judith hellerstein: (17:44) I will wIt to

judith hellerstein: (17:44) I will wait until I am called

Abdulkarim Oloyede: (17:45) < comment> I would give a practical example here, alot of people like myself who attends ICANN meeting are also member state representative at the ITU, Hence we all wear multiple caps hence i agree with Tijani, there is no problem.  What needs to be done is just to keep engaging and making sure that some people engaging in this echo system keep wearing multiple hats and ICANN plays its role, while allowing others to play thier roles.  No need to panic. <comment>

Abdulkarim Oloyede: (17:45) sorry the comment is comming late

judith hellerstein: (17:45) UN mute me

judith hellerstein: (17:45) please UN mute me

judith hellerstein: (17:46) so I dialed in as you suggested but how do I get unmuted?

judith hellerstein: (17:47) this needs to be fixed so people on remote should be able to speak

Yesim Nazlar: (17:47) Judith - Tech Support is not controlling your line, you have to unmute yourself

judith hellerstein: (17:47) I am not muted

judith hellerstein: (17:47) is their a button I should use

Abdulkarim Oloyede: (17:47) my coment can just be taken into account in the report and if no time you do not have to read it

Abdulkarim Oloyede: (17:47) comment i mean not coment

judith hellerstein: (17:48) I am not on mute but it seems my line is still closed

Yesim Nazlar: (17:49) @Judith: You may wish to type here what you wanted to say, as we're running late

judith hellerstein: (17:51) my question goes back to the issue of engagement with the itu

Abdulkarim Oloyede: (17:51) Just a general comment Please remote participation is as important as sitting in the room, the problem faced by Judith should be looked into for subsequent sessions .

Abdulkarim Oloyede: (17:52) thank you

judith hellerstein: (17:52) are we asking whether icann should engage with the itu but how should this be done if icann is not a sector member

judith hellerstein: (17:52) yes. will raise this with Josh and Sarah and have them troubleshoot it

Yesim Nazlar: (17:53) Thank you all for participating. This meeting is now ended.

• No labels