----------------------------------------------------------------------------- (10/21/2018 10:29) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Yesim Nazlar: Hello, my name is Yeşim Nazlar and I will be monitoring this chat room. In this role, I am the voice for the remote participants, ensuring that they are heard equally with those who are “in-room” participants. When submitting a question that you want me to read out loud on the mic, please provide your name and affiliation if you have one, start your sentence with <QUESTION> and end it with <QUESTION>. When submitting a comment that you want me to read out loud of the mic, once again provide your name and affiliation if you have one then start your sentence with a <COMMENT> and end it with <COMMENT>.  Text outside these quotes will be considered as part of “chat” and will not be read out loud on the mic. Any questions or comments provided outside of the session time will not be read aloud. Please note that audio is available in French and Spanish. All chat sessions are being archived and follow the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/expected-standards-2016-06-2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- (10/21/2018 11:14) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Silvia Vivanco: Article 12 ICANN By laws " https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en/#article12&quot;

Silvia Vivanco: (i) The At-Large Advisory Committee ("At-Large Advisory Committee" or "ALAC") is the primary organizational home within ICANN for individual Internet users. The role of the ALAC shall be to consider and provide advice on the activities of ICANN, insofar as they relate to the interests of individual Internet users

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- (10/21/2018 11:22) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Mohamed El Bashir: Ram Did a great job for the whole ICANN Community not just SSAC

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- (10/21/2018 11:33) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Jay Paudyal: Jay Paudyal, Member NBGP (Neo-Brahmi Generation Panel) from India <COMMENT> There is no mention of IDN (Internationalized Domain Name) TLD's (Top Level Domains) phishing abuse in last presentation.  Discussions on IDN TLD phishing abuse are very important as we are moving towards new application round for IDN TLD in future. I hope it comes under the scope of  RSSAC.  </COMMENT>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- (10/21/2018 11:38) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Jay Paudyal: <COMMENT> I am very much concern about IDN TLD related issues for India like phishing, confusingly similar looking TLDs in cross scripts and same script etc. Because in India IDN TLDs will access by the people from Rural areas (non-English speaker obviously) who are not very literate and smart enough to understand these issues. </ COMMENT> 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- (10/21/2018 11:40) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Jay Paudyal: I hope somebody is moderating questions/comment that side. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- (10/21/2018 11:46) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Satish Babu: Jay, IDN security issues will be taken up at the TechDay tomorrow

Jay Paudyal: Ok great. Thanks.. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- (10/21/2018 12:13) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Evin Erdogdu: Thank you for your participation. The meeting is now adjourned.

• No labels