Yesim Nazlar: (10/17/2018 15:11) Welcome to the At-Large Consolidated Policy Working Group (CPWG) Call taking place on Wednesday, 17 October 2018 at 13:00 UTC.

Yesim Nazlar: (15:12) Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/Nw28BQ

Seun Ojedeji: (15:41) Oops look like am in too early

Yesim Nazlar: (15:42) Welcome Seun, we'll be starting in 20mins

Seun Ojedeji: (15:42) @Staff can i have dialout

Seun Ojedeji: (15:42) thank

Seun Ojedeji: (15:42) thanks*

Yesim Nazlar: (15:43) Sure Seun, we'll dial-out to you

Jonathan Zuck: (16:08) Sorry

Leon Sanchez: (16:10) Hello everyone

Justine Chew: (16:10) @Olivier, Greg is on the phone bridge :)

Marita Moll: (16:11) faintly and with and echo

Eduardo Diaz - NARALO: (16:12) Late but here

Alfredo Calderon: (16:12) Me too! Late but here.

Carlton Samuels: (16:13) Howdy all

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC: (16:13) I would like also to help with the auction proceeds initial report

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC: (16:14) I am a particiapnt of the auction proceeds group and have contributed to several items of work

Seun Ojedeji: (16:17) Hallo Carlton

Marita Moll: (16:20) line if very fuzzy

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:22) i tusually is a bit yes

Carlton Samuels: (16:22) Sir Seun, happy to see you sir!

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC: (16:24) Hello Carlton and Seun

Carlton Samuels: (16:25) Hello Hadia, a very good day to you

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC: (16:26) Basically the registrars find it easier to not make this distinction

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC: (16:26) Seun we cannot hear you

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC: (16:27) we can hear you

Seun Ojedeji: (16:29) You mean all what i have said didn't get through?

Seun Ojedeji: (16:29) oops

Carlton Samuels: (16:30) Inre natural vs. legal person. While I do believe this distinction would require a declarative statement from the registrant., the choice is to guess and be called out or treat all as natural persons. ETimeline would suggest treat all as one category; natural persons.

Carlton Samuels: (16:31) OCL's voice is very low

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:32) I am in a restaurant

John Laprise: (16:32) Sorry I'm late...just walked into the office

Maureen Hilyard: (16:32) sorry Im late..

Maureen Hilyard: (16:32) too

Seun Ojedeji: (16:33) 2 things: Finalising Purpose A and B is the goal for Barcelona - raises a continued concern on completion timeline considering what is still left on the plateThere is the concern about whether a draft report will be ready before the ICANN63 but its looking like it will only be ready post Barcelona

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC: (16:33) Purposes A, B and C!!

Alan Greenberg: (16:33) I won't mention it opening day because I will be at epdp. But presumably Maureen will.

Seun Ojedeji: (16:34) Hmm....I didn't think C was part of it as per the agenda presented during the call yday but okay

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC: (16:37) C is indeed a contentious purpose

John Laprise: (16:37) It's not just about English. Globally many people don't understand the "technology of bureaucracy" AKA a policy development process. They don't understand/share norms. This is as big a problem as language in many parts of the world.

John Laprise: (16:38) last comments for J Zuck

John Laprise: (16:38) Olivier...read out my comment please

Maureen Hilyard: (16:39) @Jonathan and OCL Sounds like a great session - very relevant to include RALO leaders to get feedback from RALOS

Marita Moll: (16:39) @john -- yes, thanks for that. Making the language accessible is a huge problem -- in english as well

Maureen Hilyard: (16:40) RALOS can be responsible for their own language translations

Maureen Hilyard: (16:40) LOL

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:40) @JOnh - will give you the floor after Alan

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:41) John

Jonathan Zuck: (16:41) You're ALWAYS causing interference!

Justine Chew: (16:41) I see that as his job, @Jonathan, :)

Marita Moll: (16:43) @ john +1

Maureen Hilyard: (16:43) @John.. I have to agree there.. esp in APRALO

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC: (16:44) @john +1

John Laprise: (16:44) It's a probably At Large's largest and most unique burden

Maureen Hilyard: (16:45) I thought Holly was going to do that one

Justine Chew: (16:46) @staff, the CCTRT Final Report public comment is repeated on the agenda (in the table)

Maureen Hilyard: (16:46) I am noticing that my comments are arriving in the chat after about 10 seconds.. so connection at the hotel is not great.

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC: (16:48) I could help sebastian on the auction proceeds if he wishes

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC: (16:48) @Sebastian sounds good

Seun Ojedeji: (16:50) Bastien volunteered for SSAC

Seun Ojedeji: (16:50) I am volunteering to that as well

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:56) Thanks @Seun

John Laprise: (17:04) First world problems? At least for the moment?

Justine Chew: (17:04) I use WHOIS as end user :) always curious about who registered a domain name. Am I an outlier?

John Laprise: (17:04) You are Justine

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC: (17:04) Could you please post the link to  the commenting page - thanks

Alan Greenberg: (17:04) @Justine.  For people who work with ICANN, no. For the real public, yes.

John Laprise: (17:05) +1 Alan

John Laprise: (17:06) +1 Alan

John Laprise: (17:07) which will drive people to establish residency in EU to gain GDPR protections

Alan Greenberg: (17:08) FIne. If I had a simplay way to do that, I would do that as well, and not for privacy reasons.

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC: (17:08) yes indeed greg access should be facilitated to regular end users who are not part of any other group

Jonathan Zuck: (17:10) I use whois if I'm trying to get a domain name and it's taken. Still and end user activity, i suppose.

Seun Ojedeji: (17:14) I got to learn that companies in the EU who processes data for non-EU would also be bound by GDPR - Looks like an incentive for hosting to move towards EU side as well

Judith Hellerstein: (17:21) I would also like to help with the auction proceeds report

John Laprise: (17:22) It seems that ICANN is going about GDPR compliance backwards (having gone through GDPR compliance with my org).

Judith Hellerstein: (17:22) @sebastien I would like to work with you on auction proceeds

Leon Sanchez: (17:23) I need to leave the call to head to the airport. See you all soon! Safe travels!

Seun Ojedeji: (17:23) Safe travels Leon

Seun Ojedeji: (17:24) See you online :-)

Alfredo Calderon: (17:24) @Lean, see you in Barcelona!

Alfredo Calderon: (17:24) oppps! Leon....

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC: (17:25) ok thanks greg

Justine Chew: (17:26) Point 8. The Framework says, "For example, each Authenticating Body would maintain, but not publish, a list of authenticated users so that appropriate monitoring and auditing could occur." Do we know what is the justification raised as to why the list of authenticated users maintained by each Authenticating Body NOT be published (even if it might be left to an Authenticating Body to monitor and audit such list)?

Jonathan Zuck: (17:29) I have to jump off. I'll see everyone in Barcelona!

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (17:30) Thanks @Jonathan!

Justine Chew: (17:30) I have to go too. Thanks @Greg.

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC: (17:31) @justine the original reasons for logging are related to compliance and security therfore there is no reason for publishing

Justine Chew: (17:31) Okay, thanks Greg.

Marita Moll: (17:31) Time is up for me too. See you all in few days

Judith Hellerstein: (17:32) @OCL  I want to help on auction proceeds

Greg Shatan: (17:32) There needs to be a distinction between lists of authenticated users and the logs.

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC: (17:33) thank you all bye - i shall need to leave now

Greg Shatan: (17:33) log access raises more concerns.

Greg Shatan: (17:33) I look forward to seeing many of you in Barcelona!

Judith Hellerstein: (17:34) Great see you virtually at the next meeting

Greg Shatan: (17:34) I will consult my sundial.

Eduardo Diaz - NARALO: (17:35) Bye.

Alfredo Calderon: (17:35) Bye to all!

Seun Ojedeji: (17:35) thanks and bye

Carlton Samuels: (17:35) Thanks all, bye all

Maureen Hilyard: (17:35) see you in Barcelona

• No labels