Yesim Nazlar: (10/10/2018 15:11) Welcome to the At-Large Consolidated Policy Working Group (CPWG) Call taking place on Wednesday, 10 October 2018 at 13:00 UTC.

Yesim Nazlar: (15:11) Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/kAW8BQ

Holly Raiche: (15:53) Greetings all

Alfredo Calderon: (15:55) Good morning, afternoon, evening to all!

Marita Moll: (15:56) Hi everyone.  Calling in from Germany. No problems with AC.

Alfredo Calderon: (15:56) Yes, it was at the ARIWG.

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (15:56) yes.

Evin Erdogdu: (15:57) @Olivier have attached Greg's redline comments topic to the related PC workspace, and agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/kAW8BQ

Marita Moll: (15:58) Never rains in Canada either (grin)

Evin Erdogdu: (16:03) John Laprise is an apology for this call

Alan Greenberg: (16:05) Also a supplemental for 1-4

Evin Erdogdu: (16:06) Welcome Alan

Alan Greenberg: (16:07) It will be me, once I am on bridge

Evin Erdogdu: (16:10) AIs/Notes: https://community.icann.org/x/vQqrBQ

Holly Raiche: (16:11) What about saving the action items  not ticked to be discussed in the Friday session in Barcelon a

Holly Raiche: (16:12) An action item for this WG in the next week or two?

Alfredo Calderon: (16:13) +1 Alan, I agree on the interest versus areas of expertise.

Holly Raiche: (16:14) Agree  maybe a list managed by OCL and JZ

Justine Chew: (16:15) GNSO has instituted GDPR procedure for expressions of interest in WG subteams ... we have to submit via googleforms.

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:16) Thanks @Justine

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (16:16) Finally in the AC sorry my laptop had "**updated**"  GRRRR

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (16:19) Ohh  just  ** HUGE SIGH**

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:23) $$$$$$$$$$$$

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (16:23) indeed!$$$$+++++

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:23) count the dollars for external legal council. Never enough $$$$$$$$$

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (16:23) It is why some of our fiscal issues exist today!

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:24) $27M. Nice. What can $27M buy today?

Nadira AL-Araj: (16:24) in house legal are more aware

Eduardo Diaz - NARALO: (16:24) No only that but it may delay the whole process

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (16:25) bloody hell

Holly Raiche: (16:26) This feels so familiar - sadly

Eduardo Diaz - NARALO: (16:26) @Alan: Do you thinjk that the EPDP group will be able to finish its work on time?

Holly Raiche: (16:26) 2

Nadira AL-Araj: (16:26) familiar:(

Holly Raiche: (16:26) ed - I wish I felt more positive about it

Alan Greenberg: (16:27) In house legal counsel definitely not experts on this subject.

Eduardo Diaz - NARALO: (16:27) @Holly: They are trying to sumarrize years of work in one year

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (16:27) licence the use of...

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:30) @Cheryl - yes - license the use of it. Although of course it's all "buy your domain name".... on the Web sites

Holly Raiche: (16:30) The difficulty is that the ICANN documenation - objects, etc - talk about safe, secur, but query wheher that can be said to be a 'purpose' of the registrar - the  one who actually collects the information

Holly Raiche: (16:31) We have to hope is succeeds.  Otherwise, the threat is that no information with PI is public

Eduardo Diaz - NARALO: (16:33) Is the meetig in BArcelona on Saturday open to the public?

Jonathan Zuck: (16:35) scary

Evan Leibovitch: (16:36) Sorry I'm late

Holly Raiche: (16:37) Agree with Jonathan - use the time to get consensus on processes, etc

Holly Raiche: (16:38) (more particulrly discussion on Issue  1 of the ARiWG - not sure 30 minutes will be enough

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:40) @Holly: in my opinion ARIWG issue 1 is a waste of time for this WG.

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:40) it's another one of these dead end process issues starting with an ill concieved recommendation :-)

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:41) if we meet F2F my preference would be to discuss positive stuff - both policy and process wise

Alfredo Calderon: (16:42) Javier Rua is Co-chair in WT5

Holly Raiche: (16:42) @ OCL - some of the ideas from Issue 1 may be relevant - but yes, have at least 30 minutes of the proesses - if that's enough

Justine Chew: (16:43) @Alfredo, the proper term is Co-Lead of WT5

Alfredo Calderon: (16:44) Thanks Justine for the clarification. Appreciate it!

Justine Chew: (16:46) But I

Justine Chew: (16:46) But I'm not a little case liaison :)

Justine Chew: (16:47) It's Maureen actually

Justine Chew: (16:50) The difficulty may be is that the WT5 session is on Sat 20th 9am (I think) which precedes these time slots posted on 21st Oct. So if the liaisons require ALAC input for the Sat 20th, then what would we do?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (16:51) PLease note don't reconnect my phoine to the AC  I am in another ICANN Call now

Yesim Nazlar: (16:52) Noted Cheryl.

Justine Chew: (16:52) Can I ask who is the ALAC (little case) liaisons for SubPro WT1-4 for purposes of the recently closed public comments?

Justine Chew: (16:56) Grab Holly quickly!

Evin Erdogdu: (16:57) Wanted to note Joanna/Jonathan's ALAC statement is for Proposed gTLD-Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Profile

Evin Erdogdu: (16:57) Mistake on agenda - my apologies!

Evin Erdogdu: (16:57) Will note Holly for Registration Directory Service (RDS-WHOIS2) Review Team Draft Report of Recommendations

Holly Raiche: (16:57) @Alan - don't worry I was intending to be in touch

Evin Erdogdu: (16:58) Thank you

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:59) BTW.  I  can hear but the  caption box  did not allow me to type , its working obviously now

Alan Greenberg: (16:59) Since 5 is the RDS-WHOIS2 Review, 6.1 is RDAP.

Nadira AL-Araj: (16:59) Thank you I need to drop out

Evin Erdogdu: (16:59) Correct @Alan

Holly Raiche: (17:00) Bye  Nadira

Sivasubramanian M: (17:01) +1 on ICANN Foundation

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (17:02) I converted the ICANN GNSO POLICY Document  to ebook

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (17:02) https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__fliphtml5.com_gnel_lpvq&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=ne2wekxwYtDEX-Nlf60VER0Up-9f5T_TqorKOEb1vKw&s=QkmLW94LCt0vFWGpIshlMVikyWSBOa49NlJjsothGGc&e=

Justine Chew: (17:03) @Glenn, get staff to post it somewhere appropriate on At-Large Policy website?

Evan Leibovitch: (17:06) Some time ago I came to the conclusion that ALAC and other constituent) input into auction proceeds was a waste of time. The Board is eventually going after ALL of the auction funds. Sebastien indicates the first move in that direction.

Evin Erdogdu: (17:06) @Justine I can post it on the website. Thank you for sharing @Glenn

Evan Leibovitch: (17:08) The community will howl but just watch. Austerity is having its effect and there's not much we're going to be able to do

Justine Chew: (17:09) +1 SeB

Evan Leibovitch: (17:10) Why is anyone surprised that the claim of an arms length relationship between Board and allocation process is a myth?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2: (17:10) hmm

Justine Chew: (17:10) What about you Alan?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2: (17:11) yes Justine he should have lots more time soon 😋

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2: (17:11) we must Comment on it

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2: (17:12) *Some* familiarity bJZ... yes kinda ..🙂😎

Holly Raiche: (17:13) I haven't seen anything from Greg

Alan Greenberg: (17:13) @Evan, the Board cannot avoid thier fiduciary responsibility. But I do beleive that they will be arms length for the project selection. Perhaps they will have a rep on the selection committee, but I suspect they will not (but would be fine if they did).

Alan Greenberg: (17:14) Looks like a blue-line to me!

Evan Leibovitch: (17:14) I agree that it's a belief.

Alan Greenberg: (17:14) And one I think will prove to be true.

Holly Raiche: (17:15) Should we go through this now?

Evan Leibovitch: (17:16) Sebastien's comments suggest otherwise. That's just the opening salvo.

Holly Raiche: (17:16) Yes, it is closely related o the main issues in the EpDP

Evan Leibovitch: (17:17) Half now. More later.

Marita Moll: (17:20) As I understand it, this is the wrong time to agree or not with this UAM. Is that right.

Holly Raiche: (17:20) Agree with Marita -

Marita Moll: (17:23) If it all depends on the outcome of the EPDP, it seems risky to agree now. Maybe keep it in abeyance till then.

Holly Raiche: (17:23) To clarify - this is a component of the larger EPDP.  So  it's way too complicted to deal with now - which is what I was saying - but yes, we should comment but it can only be done by people already involved with EPDP issues.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2: (17:24) bugger

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2: (17:24) I will type then

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2: (17:24) I am Chairing the other call

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2: (17:25)  I would like to see if we can get wider discussion on this AT ICANN63

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2: (17:25) YES!!!! Bless you JZ

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2: (17:26) it needs to be gotten TO THE ALAC &Regional Leads as well

martha  alade: (17:26) pls would recording  be available

Yesim Nazlar: (17:26) yes, recording will be posted on the wiki agenda page after the call.

Alan Greenberg: (17:28) Safe travels everyone.

Holly Raiche: (17:30) safe travels - and see you in Barcelona

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2: (17:30) thanks all safe travels all bye for now...

Evin Erdogdu: (17:30) Thank you all, smooth travels to ICANN63

Alfredo Calderon: (17:31) Bye!

• No labels