المنظمة اليمنية للتنمية والحلول التقنية
Yemeni Organization for Development and Exchange Technology
(TECHNOLOGY TO EMPOWER HUMANITY)
YODET helps Yemeni individuals, entrepreneurs, nonprofits and cause-driven groups access world information resources safely and powerfully. To do so, it secures groups and organizations with reliable exchange technology channels and equips individuals and entrepreneurs with the skills of the digital era.
The projects supported and brought together by YODET are not only about technology, they are about empowering environment for individuals, entrepreneurs, nonprofits and cause-driven groups to get the most of the digital world in more participatory, inclusive, and effective ways.
The Story of YODET (Yemeni Organization for Development and Exchange Technology)
It all began in 2015 when internet was at threat of being disconnected all over the country, we sensed the value of being online for non-profits, activists and students, Therefore, we established YNEXT our first project that performed as an intervention project during conflicts.
When internet disconnection did not become the biggest threat, our project had to shift and add to its path, and we became more of development through technology and internet governance defenders. At the time YNEXT continued to operate, we added programs that promote cyber security, ICT entrepreneurship and women in Tech projects.
During our time of operation, we helped more than 22,000 people to access internet, trained more than 500 individual to stay safe on the internet, equipped 100 girls with sufficient tools to become productive online, and created an environment for more than 17 startups to thrive.
Vision - The Future
Technology for Humanity
Mission - The Present
Our ambition is to provide activists, non-profits and individuals in Yemen with a global-like internet experience. Hence, we at YODET are always found at the front line of creating and defending secure, reliable and open internet access in Yemen.
Values - We Stand By
· Cyber Security and Privacy
· Open and Reliable Access to Internet
· Youth and Women Empowerment
· Kids Digital Safety
Our Scope of Work
• Internet Accessibility: In modern life, internet access is no longer a luxury, It is a must and a basic human right. At YODET, we understand how critical internet connection can be to NGOs, businesses and even individuals, especially during times of conflict. Therefore, we run full packages of programs to provide and defend the right to access internet safely, openly and continuously. • Cyber Security: While internet must be open to everyone, no one's safety and privacy should be threatened under any circumstances. At YODET, we execute different programs, events and services to raise awareness and defend cyber security. Our programs cover the full spectrum of internet users starting from doers and influencers but not ending with women and kids.
ICT for Development
• ICT Entrepreneurship: ICT is all about possibilities and opportunities. While at YODET we provide reliable internet connection; we provide the perfect atmosphere for ICT entrepreneurs to flourish. We incubate their startups in our accelerator and make sure they get the right kind of aid at the right stage of their journey. • Empowering Women in ICT: the gender gap in ICT is globally happening, and it's occurring massively in Yemen. At YODET, we believe in empowering women, and we see the possibility for them precisely in ICT, as it creates custom-friendly opportunity for Yemeni women.
Contact Details & social media links:
contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org