Reading List/Discussion Documents
- INTA New gTLD Cost Impact Survey (April 2017)
- Public comments on Draft Report & Recommendations
- Parking Paper
Day 1 - Saturday 24 June 9:00 - 17:00 (SAST) / 6:30 - 15:30 (UTC)
Team: Jonathan Zuck, Jordyn Buchanan, Laureen Kapin, Carlos Raul Gutierrez, Gaongalelwe Mosweu, Carlton Samuels, Calvin Browne, Waudo Siganga, Fabro Steibel, Kaili Kan, Dejan Djukic, Drew Bagley, David Taylor
Guests: Maciej Korczynski, Maarten Wullink, Maguy Serad
Observers: John McCormack (HosterStats.com), Patrick Dodson, Steve Conte, Ken Taylor, Jennifer Bryce
Staff: Eleeza Agopian, Pamela Smith, Brenda Brewer, Jean-Baptiste Deroulez, Alice Jansen, Negar Farzinnia, Karen Mulberry
Apologies: Jamie Hedlund
CHAT TRANSCRIPT: EN
Day 2 - Sunday 25 June 9:00 - 17:00 (SAST) / 7:00 - 15:30 (UTC)
Team: Jonathan Zuck, Laureen Kapin, Jamie Hedlund, Gaongalelwe Mosweu, Waudo Siganga, Carlton Samuels, Calvin Browne, Fabro Steibel, Kaili Kan, Megan Richards, David Taylor, Drew Bagley, Carlos Raul Gutierrez, Dejan Djukic, Jordyn Buchanan.
Guests: Akram Atallah, Trang Nguyen, Maguy Serad, Jennifer Scott
Observers: Erika Randall, John McCormack (HosterStats.com), Theresa Swinehart, Phil Buckingham, Fabien Betremieux, Nick Wood, Dietmar Lenden
Staff: Eleeza Agopian, Jean-Baptiste Deroulez, Alice Jansen, Pamela Smith, Karen Mulberry
CHAT TRANSCRIPT: EN
Face-to-Face meeting Day 1
- SIDN/TU Delft: Check on whether the rate of abusive domains using Privacy/Proxy registrations is increasing
- SIDN/TU Delft: Include more detail on abuse in p/p registrations
- ICANN ORG to inquire with Compliance Department on more detail related to registries' timelines for responding to complaints of abusive behavior.
- Public Comment follow-up
- SubGroups to review recommendations and consolidate related recommendations and eliminate duplicative ones.
- SubGroup to review wording to ensure that it's expressed in a manner so that the Board can adopt our recommendations Verbatim.
- SubGroups to review recommendations to harmonize terms such as "should" "shall" "must" (refer to https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt) and consider that as the SubGroups work to standardize terms throughout the report.
- Clarify which group will implement the recommendations if Board approves (who is best to take this on during the implementation process)
- SubGroups to review assigned recommendations and add details on rationale and success measures(and especially regarding data we recommend collecting).
- CCTRT to review slides from INTA survey and share follow up questions to relay back to Nielsen who commissioned that study.
- CCTRT members to prepare for the ICANN Org meeting and bring clarification to the questions ICANN Org raised, or ask for clarification on ICANN Org comments.
Face-to-Face meeting Day 2
- Discussion on ICANN Org input
- Rec.1: Redefine the recommendation and its rationale and success measures.
- Add more clarity on terms such as "Global South, Underserved Regions", align with terms used by other groups e.g. Subsequent Procedures Working Group.
- https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/audits-2012-02-25-en is the main audit page with links to all the materials.
- Jean-Baptiste to complete the Heat Map of Public Comments received that Fabro Steibel provided.
- Parking Paper: Jordyn/Drew to review the parking paper and look into the DNS Abuse Correlation with Parking.
- Roadmap to Final Report:
- Review team members to review accuracy of the public comment summary and confirm to staff accuracy /changes by July 6 COB.
- Schedule subgroups call as from the week after ICANN59 for a period of 4-5 weeks (Deadline August 1) to review the public comments received and incorporate edits. Subgroup calls should last one hour and be extended if necessary.
- Two weeks from the delivery of DNS Abuse Study Public results will be released for public comments new sections of the report
- Heat Map to be included in the Final Report
- Review Team to publish for public comment only new sections to the draft report (DNS Abuse Study, INTA Survey...), edits following the first period of public comment will be incorporated in the final report before it is sent out the Board.
- First Plenary call after ICANN59 scheduled on August 1st.