December 2016 – SSAC Liaison Report

(as at 20 December 16)

1. SSAC MEETINGS.  The SSAC has held one meeting since ICANN57 in Hyderabad on 8 December.  Main topics were SSAC Nominations for the ICANN Academy courses and the final draft of the SSAC Answers to the SO/AC Accountability Questions, circulated as part of CCWG Accountability Workstream 2. 

2. SSAC WORK PARTIES.  I am not currently on any SSAC Work Parties.   

3. SSAC REPORTS. There has been one SSAC Report issued in the last month since ICANN57:

SAC089: SSAC Response to ccNSO Comments on SAC084 (12 December 2016) has been published on the SSAC documents web page at: https://www.icann.org/groups/ssac/documents 

This report follows a meeting in Hyderabad between SSAC and ccNSO Leadership to discuss SAC084 and written comments received from the ccNSO on that report.  SAC088 provided an interim response and in this report, the SSAC provides a more detailed response to the specific ccNSO comments. 

4. SSAC REPRESENTATION ON CCWG ACCOUNTABILITY. I attended 2 CCWG Meetings on 30 November and 14 December as well as 2 of the 3 meetings of the Diversity Sub-Group Meeting (on which I am an Observer) on 6, 13 and 20 December.

• No labels