Terri Agnew:Welcome to the Board Candidate Evaluation Committee (BCEC) call on Thursday, 20 October 2016 at 21:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:agenda wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_GiC4Aw&d=DQIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=qKFxr9hAkOx4Tr4eTAiR3yC78PvIcngP2c1JpogkOeo&s=iij8Ux_Gia6YbsKsibvOlMS9PenkF8cGalMRN8R7b2c&e=

Eduardo Díaz:YEs, hola

Louis Houle:Bonsoir

Louis Houle:This morning? CLO

Gunela Astbrink:Hello Julie and everyone

Glenn Mcknight:Wrong  committee.  Bye  all

Mohamed El Bashir:hello everyone

Jordi Iparraguirre:hello!

Louis Houle:WOW

Terri Agnew:Welcome Yrjö Länsipuro on the telephone

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Excellent !!! 

Mohamed El Bashir:Agree

Terri Agnew:Vanda Scartezini has joined on the telephone

Louis Houle:Hello Vanda

Ariel Liang:Please see how score 1-5 are defined here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_dRi4Aw&d=DQIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=qKFxr9hAkOx4Tr4eTAiR3yC78PvIcngP2c1JpogkOeo&s=rmxgDdZJbcRAlKVxY59NBxeWiv84VZXdLp184_pEbuw&e=

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Yes  the definitions will help us better standardise

Gunela Astbrink:Do we have a list of essential criteria?

Jordi Iparraguirre:sounds god to me.

vanda:hi all was only at telephone

Louis Houle:This is what I meant

Fatimata:Hello

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):no

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):rankings of 3 and above to continue, and try to be unbiased and blind to identity of candidates when we review the applications for the 1st cut is essential

Fatimata:+! @ Cheryl

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):works  for me Julie  Haappu to hve you take that role

vanda:sure cheryl.

Jordi Iparraguirre:if evaluation has sections, what happens if candidate gets one of these sections scored below 2,5 or 3 points but average is above 3?

Louis Houle:Out of audio, sorry

Gunela Astbrink:ok, that's important that they are not public

Gunela Astbrink:Yes!

Yrjö Länsipuro:Yes, take out "essential"

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Does not meet many criteriiia  works

vanda:yes Yrjo

Louis Houle:Back from time to time...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):AGREE

Louis Houle:1 to 5 vote?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):scale  not vote

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Very Happy to run with 3.5  yet adjust for dispersion  down to the 3 level not below though

Eduardo Díaz:What about setting a maximum number of candidates above 3.5?

Louis Houle:@CLO: agree

Fatimata:good point Eduardo.  What if we don't have enough above 3.5?

Fatimata:+! @ Cheryl

Eduardo Díaz:Just an example

Eduardo Díaz:@Fatimata: Then you select based on their score

Fatimata:yes possibly

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Remember that our job is easier than the NC's in as much as we recommend a slate of candidates for selection  we do not appoint

vanda: i believe we will receive majority of canddade above 3

vanda:much easier

Louis Houle:Then you select on a higher quality of outstanding, remarquable and valuable candidates! No?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):and with NC  there is considerable cost per shortlisted persons  for external assessments and  the cost of other  DD  again that is not a problem for us

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Interesting option  Happy to give it a try  with the secnd cut

Eduardo Díaz:I like the idea

Eduardo Díaz:yes

vanda:we agreed

Fatimata:My apologies.  I have to leave now

Eduardo Díaz:@terri: when is this meeting in hyderabad?

Fatimata:Thank you

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Monday 1200(ish)

vanda:ok looks feasible

Terri Agnew:Agenda for the Joint BCEC/BMSPC Meeting at ICANN57 in Hyderabad: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_2QSbAw&d=DQIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=qKFxr9hAkOx4Tr4eTAiR3yC78PvIcngP2c1JpogkOeo&s=sYAdQn8JAb_gWeoWQ4eWz1na2IVHhC_szpsoTHGiIA8&e=

Terri Agnew:Currently scheduled for 1100-1230 IST (Local Time) Monday 7 November 2016 (0530-0700 UTC)

Eduardo Díaz:Thanks Terrri

Louis Houle:No doubt!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Comand of EN  is an essential for effective Board operation

Louis Houle:Completed in English but the application is shown to you in yoyr native or prefferd language.

Louis Houle:You then have the set your settings in English which is not automatic.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Let's try to meet the schedule if we can

Gunela Astbrink:Let's try to work to this schedule

Ariel Liang:@Louis - the Form is created only in English. Perhaps your browswer automatically translated it into French?

Louis Houle:Of course, and in 3 other languages

vanda:ok for me

Louis Houle:Audio?

Yrjö Länsipuro:Let's keep the entire process in one langue, ie. English

vanda:yes the candidate need to work in English durint board time

vanda:better not to allow to enter to avoid problems

Gunela Astbrink:Can the tool be set to only be in English? To avoid confusion?

vanda:that my suggestion considering English is mandatory

Ariel Liang:@Gunela - I will look into that too with Ken and see whether there is a way to avoid browsers automatically translate the form.

Ariel Liang:not sure whether it is doable with wiki but will check

Gunela Astbrink:@Ariel. Thank you

Terri Agnew:Next Meeting - 2100 UTC Thursday 27 October 2016

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Remeber *unlike* a NC  we aare not trying to MAXIMISE  the nmber of applications we get for diversities sake...  Our mandate is to creat a small slate of suitabke applicants for selection by the electorate   ... hinstly if we got no more than the ones we have now  and 3 of those were good enough to make the slate that would be fine IMO

Jordi Iparraguirre:no

vanda:we can satrt by email and may use some time in hyderabad

Heidi Ullrich:@Julie/All, there is also an update on BCEC/BMSPC activities on the 3rd for the At-Large Leadership: At-Large Board Director Selection Activities - Julie Hammer, Chair of the BCEC and Tijani Ben Jemaa, Chair of the BMSPC (11:00-11:45)

vanda:thank you  Julie and let's proceed by email regarding sub committee

vanda:thanks to all

Gunela Astbrink:+1

Gunela Astbrink:I will be an apology for the BCEC meeting at Hyderabad

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO)::-)

Louis Houle:(-;)

vanda:I will be ther

Eduardo Díaz:Gracias

Jordi Iparraguirre:thanks, bye!

Gunela Astbrink:Thanks, Julie. Bye everyone

Louis Houle:Bye

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Bye

Ariel Liang:thanks everyone!

vanda:bye

• No labels

For comments, suggestions, or technical support, please email: program-admin@atlarge.icann.org
© 2016 Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers