Gisella Gruber:Welcome to the At-Large Briefing on the ALAC Response to the CCWG Accountability 3rd Draft Proposal on 17 December 2015 at 11:00 UTC
  Gisella Gruber:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/kI1lAw
  Gisella Gruber:Third Draft Report (published on 30 November) https://community.icann.org/x/eLRYAw
  Gisella Gruber:'main document' (3rd Draft Proposal): https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/draft-ccwg-accountability-proposal-work-stream-1-recs-30nov15-en.pdf
  Kaili Kan:Hi, I turn out to be the early bird today.  Any worms ?  : )
  Gisella Gruber:Good morning Kaili!
  Harold Arcos:Good morning Kaili, Gisella, all
  Kaili Kan:Good evening to all from China !
  Ron Sherwood:Good morning everyone
  Ariel Liang:Hello All! 早上好阚教授!
  Ricardo Holmquist - ISOC Venezuela:Good day to all
  Gisella Gruber:Welcome to all!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello All
  Satish Babu2:Hi All!
  Holly Raiche:I had lots of trouble connecting
  Holly Raiche:Size is fine by me
  Siranush Vardanyan:hi all
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:There is a slight cutoff on the right side
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:fixed
  Gisella Gruber:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/kI1lAw
  Ricardo Holmquist - ISOC Venezuela:audio is gone
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Is it back yet Ricardo?
  Ricardo Holmquist - ISOC Venezuela:yes, thanks
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):OK  :-)
  Alan Greenberg:ANy idea where echo is coming from yet?
  Ariel Liang:You may download and review the ALAC Statement on the CCWG-Accountability Work Stream 1 Recommendations here: https://community.icann.org/x/d4NlAw
  Sivasubramanian M:Q:   Is the 120 requirement to "name a replacement" post the process or the lengthy process of removing a director ?
  Sivasubramanian M:Please read out this question to Alan
  Ariel Liang:We have noted your question Siva. Will note to Alan
  Sivasubramanian M:Thanks Ariel
  Gisella Gruber:We are working on the echo
  Sivasubramanian M:More than the liabillity of defamation, the threat of defamation, threat of the possibility of defamation would deter potential nominess from accepting nominations to serve the ICANN Board or Community.
  Sivasubramanian M:That was a comment.
  Sivasubramanian M:Thanks Alan for your reply
  Gisella Gruber:Tijani Ben Jemaa has joined the audio bridge
  Ariel Liang:Olivier is referring to paragraph 205 (page 37) in the Proposal: https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/draft-ccwg-accountability-proposal-work-stream-1-recs-30nov15-en.pdf#page=37
  Sivasubramanian M:Alan:   Why not aspire to "preserve and enhance"?
  Sivasubramanian M:Clarification:   I am not suggesting the word aspire to be included in the bylaws, but what is already stated could be an aspiration, without being constrained by what is possible for ICANN at present
  Holly Raiche:We should include the term
  Sivasubramanian M:Thanks Alan
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Have to leave the webinar. take care all
  Sivasubramanian M:“We respect human rights” could also be a statement of “good practices” rather than enforceable terms of contract. This one with suitable words stated in the bylaws.
  Ariel Liang:thanks Dev
  Avri Doria:it is necessary in order to make the coproatation committed to human rights.  without a corparate self affirmation there is no obligation.
  Siranush Vardanyan:sorry, need to leave now
  Avri Doria:why are people so afraind of human rights
  Sivasubramanian M:I.e.  The idea of "ICANN's commitment to respect human rights" could be stated in bylaws in such a manner that it is articulated as a commitment to endeavour to follow good practices related to human rights, while making it clear in legal terms that this would be an "endeavour", not a legally binding contractual obligation.
  Holly Raiche:@ Avri - I don't think it is fair to say people are 'afraid' of human rights.  It is about what it means in the context of ICANN
  Avri Doria:yes, but some people are afraind of the implication.  they are afraid of human rights
  Avri Doria:it is restri cted to mission, so if we dod not reguate content, that is not a risk.
  Sivasubramanian M:Avri,  I am a little cautious, think it is a slipery slope, and introduces complexities, opens up more avenues for expensive law suits.  I am saying all this, while acknowedging that I am not well read on Human Rights issues.
  Avri Doria:Board is afraind of human rights
  Holly Raiche:@ Avri- now that is just plain unfair.  It is an honest concern that I share, and I am not afraid of human rights
  Avri Doria:i do not think it is unfgair with respect to the Board
  Avri Doria:i think it is FUD
  Sivasubramanian M:@Avri again.... While the debate on whether or not the Board should be afraid of Human rights goes on (I agree with the Board here), referring to an endeavour to "respect" Human rights as a non-punitive good practice would be a good compromise
  Holly Raiche:@ Avri - that may be true abut individual members, but I would not say it applies to 'the Board', except to the extent that there may be genuine concern on ICANN powers over the issue
  Sivasubramanian M:@ Avri   May be I should write to you to ask about what scenarios of specific Human Rights violation you visualize in the management of Critical Internet Resources
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Tijani: thanks for your explanation - I totally understand now
  Avri Doria:using these reason to drop back to nithing would be a really bad thing that would ut many of us against any completiotion of the work.
  Avri Doria:yes, better language would be better, dropping the compromise means those who want to avoid human rights altogether win and we continue without even a semblance of committment.
  Sivasubramanian M:Yes Avri, it could start with a semblance of,  or symbolic reference to Human Rights in a harmless manner, and could take shape in future as appropriate
  Holly Raiche:@ Siva - I'm not sure we would want to use the term 'harmless' - I think we may be looking for language that talks about 'respect' for human rights - but leaving it high level
  Sivasubramanian M:no, not suggesting "harmless" as a term to be used. I used the word in conversation with Avri
  Sivasubramanian M:Yes, "respect" for an a commitment to endeauvour to encourage (or foster) good governance practices to respect human rights
  SeB:in 2009 it was JPA?
  Holly Raiche:@ Seb  - yes, the Joint Project Agreement
  Avri Doria:even using this to kill human rights?
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:No
  Avri Doria:just alac or anyone
  Gisella Gruber:11 Non staff
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Remember if yiou responded to the poll i the earlier call you should NOT vote now...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Alan that will drop your number a tad
  Holly Raiche:Question 2 in the poll is different
  Avri Doria:q2 seems to ask a different question
  Holly Raiche:It is a different questyion
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I keep trying to trying to speak and am not being heard  I mute my phine locally so do not understand why I would have been muted via oporator *sigh*
  Kaili Kan:No
  Ariel Liang:@kaili - The poll is to the right of the Chat pod
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I tried to SEAK to that point ALAN
  Kaili Kan:Sorry that I lost internet connection before the poll and just got back in.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):it is not even the BEST kick of the can  Alan
  Avri Doria:anyone have the deatuaals on the AC room for the Board CCSg meeting?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I would say goodbbye but no one would hear me
  Kaili Kan:Thanks to Alan for working so hard !
  Ron Sherwood:Thank you everyone... Bye
  Satish Babu2:Thanks and bye!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):bye
  Ariel Liang:Sorry about the audio issue Cheryl
  Ricardo Holmquist - ISOC Venezuela:thanks, bye
  Harold Arcos:Thanks to David & Claudia
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):GRRR
  Ariel Liang:thanks all for attending
  Harold Arcos:Bye all, have a nice day or night

• No labels