Attendees: 

Sub-Group Members:   Greg Shatan, Konstantinos Komaitis, Milton Mueller, Nicholas Barbantonis

Apologies:  Andrew Sullivan

Staff:  Akrum Atalla, Brenda Brewer, Grace Abuhamad, Trang Nguyen

Please let Brenda know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**

Transcript

Recording

Notes

Link to google doc:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZGSlKj-JSXe4T0wWv-hN6srDVOwhRJvQZzRpkGAAPk8/edit?usp=sharing

We will be working live from the Google doc today. Please join the collaborative document in "suggestion mode". 

For now, no need to raise hands in the AC room to speak: just speak up as needed. 

Action (ICANN staff): Provide the DT-IPR with a cost estimate for setting up and running a trust with the three communities as beneficiaries.

Action (ICANN staff): Provide answers regarding what trademarks are currently owned by ICANN and whether ICANN has licensed out any trademarks? If yes, what QC has ICANN conducted on the licensed trademarks? Are these still outstanding questions that the DT-IPR has?

Action (ICANN staff): Doodle for Tuesday or Wednesday DT-IPR call 

Action Items

• Action (ICANN staff): Provide the DT-IPR with a cost estimate for setting up and running a trust with the three communities as beneficiaries.
  • Action (ICANN staff): Provide answers regarding what trademarks are currently owned by ICANN and whether ICANN has licensed out any trademarks? If yes, what QC has ICANN conducted on the licensed trademarks? Are these still outstanding questions that the DT-IPR has?
  • Action (ICANN staff): Doodle for Tuesday or Wednesday DT-IPR call 

Documents

Link to google doc:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZGSlKj-JSXe4T0wWv-hN6srDVOwhRJvQZzRpkGAAPk8/edit?usp=sharing

Chat

Brenda Brewer: (11/24/2015 14:36) Good day all and welcome to DT-IPR Meeting #3 on 24 November @ 21:00 UTC.

Grace Abuhamad: (14:57) I'll join audio shortly

Grace Abuhamad: (15:01) I'm on

Grace Abuhamad: (15:02) hi!

Nicholas Barbantonis: (15:02) Hello!

Grace Abuhamad: (15:03) Greg -- I can't take live edits on screen, but if you think edits in the Google doc will be more useful than notes, I'm happy to work in Google doc live

Greg Shatan: (15:04) I think we should work in the Google Doc.  Here is the link for those who might not have it. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZGSlKj-JSXe4T0wWv-hN6srDVOwhRJvQZzRpkGAAPk8/edit?usp=sharing

Greg Shatan: (15:05) I've also emailed a PDF copy of the Google Doc, which preserves the comments, but not the names of the commenters.

Akram: (15:16) Greg, would you like us to get you a cost estimate for setting up and running a trust with the three communities as beneficiaries?

Brenda Brewer: (15:18) Please feel free to speak up on today's call.  No need to raise hand to speak.

Akram: (15:20) my mic is not working but we will work onn the estimate.

Grace Abuhamad: (15:20) thank you!

Nicholas Barbantonis: (15:21) Akram, it would be handy to get a time estimate as well

Trang Nguyen: (15:26) I need to drop off the AC room. Will rejoin via phone.

Akram: (15:26) Will do

Konstantinos Komaitis: (15:41) am i the only one losing greg?

Brenda Brewer: (15:42) No, Greg's line goes in and out.

Konstantinos Komaitis: (15:42) thanks Brenda

Late guy: (16:06) Nope it's Milton

Late guy: (16:06) Got my time zones mixed up

Late guy: (16:06) I  see that Grace

Late guy: (16:07) yeah, let's start over ;-)

Grace Abuhamad: (16:07) Ok great. Sorry for being redundant :)

Late guy: (16:08) you are not redundant

Late guy: (16:09) joke

Late guy: (16:10) Was there any discussion of this "dispute resolution procedure?"

Late guy: (16:13) clicketyclickclickclick

Grace Abuhamad: (16:24) What about the IFO as mediator?

Late guy: (16:24) ???

Late guy: (16:24) usually the dispute will be about IFO

Grace Abuhamad: (16:25) Jon Postel

Late guy: (16:25) Maybe we can raise Jon Postel

Grace Abuhamad: (16:25) <3

Konstantinos Komaitis: (16:25) ;)

Trang Nguyen: (16:26) On previous calls, there were questions raised regarding what trademarks are currently owned by ICANN and whether ICANN has licensed out any trademarks? If yes, what QC has ICANN conducted on the licensed trademarks? Are these still outstanding questions that the DT-IPR has? If yes, I’d be happy to take those back to ICANN staff and provide answers.

Trang Nguyen: (16:27) Sure. Will do.

Konstantinos Komaitis: (16:28) can we have a doodle?

Trang Nguyen: (16:29) We will try to have the answers by next week. By Tuesday is more probable than Monday.

Konstantinos Komaitis: (16:30) i am not available tuesday

Konstantinos Komaitis: (16:30) :(

Konstantinos Komaitis: (16:30) but don't let this stop you

Grace Abuhamad: (16:30) ah, ok we'll doodle Tuesday and Wednesday since CWG will be late Thursday

Grace Abuhamad: (16:30) We may be able to do Wednesday AM

Akram: (16:30) thanks same to you all

• No labels