In Sinhala : ශ්රී ලංකා නෙක්ස්ට් ජෙනෙරේශන්
Sri Lanka Next Generation (SLNG) is the local body of Sri Lanka for the Asia Pacific Next Generation (APNG). SLNG is an ICANN certified At-Large Structure (ALS). SLNG is a nonprofit, community-based organization and governed by an executive board elected by its membership. APNIC and SLNG signed a Memorandum of Understanding to cooperate and encourage the development of the Internet in Sri Lanka. SLNG is a local partner for APNG and conducted few APNG (Asia Pacific Networking Group) local camps.
By organizing activities SLNG hope to achieve following objectives.
- To increase the awareness of APNG, ICANN and APNIC activities in Sri Lanka
- Empowering Next Generation (APNG) activity through APNG Local Camps
- Challenging to create new Internet growth opportunity
- Provide opportunities for the youth to improve their knowledge on the Internet and ICT
- Provide a platform to share the knowledge and experience among the community
- Share and discussed the Sri Lankan perspective of the Internet
- Help to master the skills necessary to build and operate the Internet Technologies
- Provide a forum for key Internet builders in Sri Lanka to learn from their peers
- Build the next generation Internet leaders in Sri Lanka
- Help to develop a robust Internet infrastructure in Sri Lanka
- Support to develop the Internet infastructure in the less developed areas in Sri Lanka
- Promoting and facilitating network enabled research collaboration and knowledge discovery
- Support for ICANN One World. One Internet initiative
- Provide a voice in the development Internet Policy Process
- Help to bridging the digital divide in Sri Lanka
- Local fellowship for participants from universities, institutes and schools
- APNG, ICANN and APNIC fellowships opportunities for fellows
Keeping the fact in our mind that the youth of today are the leaders of tomorrow, SLNG and its camp activities are not only empowering the Next Generation who has the power of developmental assets and an innovative and fresh point of view on Internet Technology but also bonding and strengthening relationship among senior leaders and the youth to share and discuss over perspectives of today’s Internet in Sri Lanka.
The general affairs of the SLNG run by an Executive Committee comprising of the following officers.
- Vice Chairman
- The Treasurer
- Chairman - Program Committee
- Chairman - Fellowship Committee
- Chairman - Working Group Committee
For more information, please check out http://www.slng.asia
Contact info : firstname.lastname@example.org
- SLNG Next Generation Leaders (NGL) program, designed to identify, train, network and empower a diverse group of emerging, character driven youth leaders from the Sri Lanka to take future leadership opportunities in SLNG.
- SLNG (Sri Lanka Next Generation) and APNIC (Asia Pacific Network Information Centre) jointly organized a Network security workshop in Colombo.
- Lihini Senanayake from University of Moratuwa offered a full fellowship for Network security workshop.
- APNIC signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Sri Lanka Next Generation (SLNG) at ICANN52. Both APNIC and SLNG agree to cooperate and encourage the development of the Internet in Sri Lanka.
- Eranga Samararathna : email@example.com