You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 2 Next »

What does it cover?

After a detailed assessment, it was determined that it is best to compile all language related needs under one same function, “Language Services”, this includes:

• Translation
  • Simultaneous Interpretation
  • Teleconference Interpretation
  • Transcription (after the fact audio files)
  • Real Time Transcription (RTT) also referred as scribing services
  • Video Captioning (Subtitling)

What does it mean?

Through the "Language Services" function we are able to:

• Investigate and adopt, where appropriate, multilingualism best practices recognized by international organizations
  • Translate key written materials and publications into an agreed set of languages (5 United Nations (UN) Languages for most documents and 10 UN Languages for outreach/marketing material).
  • Translate information provided via ICANN’s website, while working towards becoming a multilingual organization.
  • Provide interpretation services during ICANN International Meeting (three per year) in French and Spanish. The provision of interpretation in other language(s) may be included, when deemed necessary, after a proper assessment.
  • Provide conference call interpretation services (i.e. some RALOs meetings)
  • Transcribe audio recordings for sessions taking place during thrice ICANN International Meetings and other ICANN supported meetings that may request the same service. (Applies to session(s) without real-time transcription or scribing services).
  • Transcribe audio recording for conference calls that may required the service (i.e. A-Large, LACRALO, eLearning pod-casts)
  • Provide Real-Time-Transcription (RTT), also known as scribing, during ICANN International Meetings, for specific sessions requiring this scope of service. 
  • Facilitate captioning and subtitling of videos produced at ICANN
  • Provide a more comprehensive quality control process that will allow enlisted community members to participate in the continual improvement of ICANN’s Language Services function (i.e. CrowdSight – on demand translation for blogs, public comments material).

• No labels