At-Large Statement of Interest (SOI) Form
1) Please enter your Name:
3) Are you participating in the At-Large advisory process (including email and real-time discussions) as a representative of:
a) ALAC (if so, detail the region and term):
b) A Regional At-Large Organization (RALO) (if so, please detail the region, position and term):
European Regional At-Large Organisation (EURALO), Chair since June 2007 (until October 2015)
c) An ICANN-accredited At-Large Structure (if so, which one):
Comunica-ch, Switzerland (certified in spring 2007)
d) Any ICANN Committee, Constituency or Stakeholder Group (if so, which one(s))?
At-Large Advisory Committee
e) Any other company or organization, whether commercial or nonprofit (if so, please detail the organization and your position):
Digitale Allmend, a Zurich based network promoting open access and the digital public domain (Board member since 2006), Creative Commons, Swiss section (coordination group), Digitale Gesellschaft, Switzerland (member), Wikimedia Switzerland (member), Netzwerk Neue Medien, Germany (member), ...besides various other memberships (Amnesty International, Menschenrechte Schweiz, Greenpeace etc.)
4) Please identify your current employer(s):
I am a freelanced media journalist and consultant.
5) Please identify your current position(s):
My main occupation is the European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG) since April 2011 where I am part of the Secretariat and Program Director for its annual event. Since December 2014 I am the Coordinator of the Swiss IGF as well. For other current engagements please see my profile on LinkedIn (see Q11).
6) Please identify the type(s) of work performed:
Most of my professional life I worked for non-profit NGOs in various countries mainly in the field of development cooperation, human rights and media. My predominant functions were editor, project manager (incl. seven-digit-budgets), head of department and consultancies.
7) Please identify your declared country of primary residence:
Switzerland (since 1990)
8) Please list any financial relationship beyond de minimus stock ownership you may have with any company that to your knowledge has a financial relationship or contract with ICANN:
I have no stock ownerships at all. I had three short-term consultancies with Swiss OFCOM (translation of a Internet Literacy Handbook and event org.) and consultancy contracts with the Council of Europe (CoE). ICANN was a co-sponsor of the EuroDIG events in Belgrade (2011), Stockholm (2012), Lisbon (2013), Berlin (2014) and Sofia (2015).
9) Please identify any other relevant arrangements, interests, or benefits as requested in the following two questions:
a) Do you, your employer, and/or sponsor have any type of material or financial interest in the At-Large advisory process and its outcomes?
If the answer is “Yes,” please describe the interest:
b) Are there any arrangements/agreements between you and any other group, constituency or person(s) regarding your participation as a work team member?
If the answer is “Yes,” please describe the arrangements/agreements and the name of the group, constituency, or person(s):
10) Please identify any Working Groups or other chartered teams in which you are participating (include acronyms, if applicable):
I am a member of the ALAC WG on the ICANN Academy, the Budget and Finance Sub-Committee (BFSC) and Outreach WG.
11) Additional information (optional):
For any additional infos, engagements or commitments see my currently updated profile on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/wolfludwig
12) Page last revised:
At-Large SOI Template v3 (Feb 2014)