Murray McKercher:good morning from Toronto
  Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the ATLAS II Events WG call on Tuesday 16 April 2014 at 1500 UTC
  Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/jDnRAg
  Murray McKercher:Sounds very festive this morning :)
  Murray McKercher:good in Toronto on ac
  Roberto Gaetano:Hi all - rainy also here in Vienna
  Murray McKercher:my mike may not be on, perhaps i can have a call out to 14168033183
  Gisella Gruber-White:Murray - we are dialling out to you
  Heidi Ullrich:HI  All
  Eduardo Diaz:¡Hola a todos!
  Glenn McKnight:Hi
  Glenn McKnight:At  the ARIN  event  in Chicago,  No audio only  ADOBE
  Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome Glenn and thank you for joining
  Gisella Gruber-White:Dev has joined the call
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/47266188/ATLAS%20II%20Program.pdf
  Murray McKercher:working luncj sounds good to me
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:quick Q: the interpretation for the 1x200 room is interpretation for several languages
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:A: multiple languages (EN, FR, ES, and possibly ZH)
  Glenn McKnight:BTW   Ariel  says  Nancy is sending  a  new   room layout without the  extra  chairs  so we can do a new drawing with our  RALO table  displays
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Again, make the best of it, use the tables for the 5 RALOs
  Glenn McKnight:Yes   Dev   the  U Table  can be  used  for the displays  
  Glenn McKnight:The  U TABLE   etc  will not be moved
  Ariel Liang:Hello all, Nancy will send out the versio 2 of the layout, which includes the 5 presentation tables and removes the chairs in the room
  Ariel Liang:*version
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Maybe 5 overhead lights for each of the tables and the lights in the room be dimmed to draw attention to the RALO display
  Glenn McKnight:I don't  expect much from the RALO  displays for the use of lights.
  Glenn McKnight:I have not hear of anyone creating a proper  pop up  display with graphics  etc.
  Glenn McKnight:A  television monitor  with a  USB  with a slideshow and pictures  plus  brochures  at  least
  Eduardo Diaz:@Glenn: My suggestion is that we address those items in your group meeting. Also it will depend on what Heidi finds with Nancy.
  Glenn McKnight:I thought we would have  answers  already from Nancy
  Roberto Gaetano:I think Eduardo has raised a very important point
  Gisella Gruber-White:Roberto is only on Adobe Connect
  Roberto Gaetano:I have microphone problems - I will send an email
  Eduardo Diaz:Roberto: Can you write in the adobe?
  Heidi Ullrich:Thematic Groups Workspace: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ATLAS+II+Thematic+Group+Coordination.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ATLAS+II+Thematic+Group+Coordination
  Roberto Gaetano:@Eduardo: I believe that the whole purpose of having an AtLarge Summit is to bring ALSes to participate to the ALAC work.
  Roberto Gaetano:It is therefore essential that they will be able to attend the ALAC sessions in London - if we know that the ALAC room is insufficient, we need to foresee another solution.
  Heidi Ullrich:@Roberto, the ALAC room is the same room as will be used for the ATLAS II plenaries
  Glenn McKnight:We  should  be providing suggestioins  to the  Subect matter  experts
  Heidi Ullrich:The room capacity is approx 200
  Roberto Gaetano:@Heidi: in this case it should be sufficient
  Eduardo Diaz:@Gaetano: I think if we have access to the room for 200 it will be sufficient - 160 ALS + 25 ALAC and regional +staff~ 200
  Eduardo Diaz:Some of the ALAC will be represnting their own ALS so 25 ALAC may be lesss
  Roberto Gaetano:@Eduardo: correct, but there will be also more people for the same ALS. My ALS, for instance, will have at least 3 people at the Summit
  Eduardo Diaz:@Gaetano: However if we move the ALAC Policy Discussion to another room because of the Fayre. Then, depending on the room thatwe get assigned, it could be a problem to fit everyone. We have to wait for Heidi's conversation with Nancy.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Tijani's on a delayed line :-)
  Murray McKercher:@ wolf @ Tijani I agree that using the experienced reports is a good idea
  Glenn McKnight:@ Wolf  it would  be nice to have the  experienced  reporters  but  where are they ?
  Glenn McKnight:I don't  see a rush to sign up
  Wolf Ludwig:One important aspect IMO is: quality control!
  Glenn McKnight:Quality Control  is a matter of  opinion.  Vast  range in reporting  style
  Glenn McKnight:If  we  have  a standard for all reporters  than you have the  desired  Quality Control.
  Glenn McKnight:A page on expected  standards would be good.  Not  just  reporters but  moderators as well
  Murray McKercher:sorry old hand up
  Murray McKercher:I believe the subject matter experts presented are an excellent fit for their assigned thematic groups
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:what do we do about no Mike O'Connor?
  Glenn McKnight:?
  Wolf Ludwig:Mikey didn't respond to your question any more, Olivier -- I fear he won't be available any more?
  Heidi Ullrich:@Eduardo, do you mean another questionnaire?
  Murray McKercher:@Olivier, I would be happy to volunteer for community engagement if required
  Roberto Gaetano:I am already in another item
  Eduardo Diaz:@Heidi: Yes, so people can select to which theme they want to go. since the themes changed
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:excellent! thanks!
  Glenn McKnight:Bye
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks all l; take care
  Murray McKercher:Thank You until next time
  Glenn McKnight:Going  back to  ARIN session
  Wolf Ludwig:Thanks everybody and by!

• No labels