ARMENIAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE DISABLED ”PYUNIC’’ (PHOENIX)
Primary Contact address:
Hakob Abrahamyan, President
Nver Galstyan, Volunteer
16 Tsitsernakaberd Roadway,
Republic of Armenia
Fax: (374 10) 56 08 17
Tel: (374 10) 56 07 07
- Created in February 1989 to provide programs and services to the children who were disabled by the December 7, 1988 earthquake in Armenia.
- Registered as a charitable organization in 1990.
- More than 70 volunteers and twenty staff members provide year-round services and programs to people, particularly children and young adults with disabilities in Armenia.
- Supported by the citizens, Presidential funds and Government of Armenia, the Diaspora, local, international and humanitarian organizations including Aznavour pour l’Armenie, Y-Care International, World Vision Armenia, OXFAM, the United Nations Women’s Guild of Vienna, Medecins Sans Frontieres, International Federation of the Red Cross, Norwegian Refugee Council, Canadian, US, UK and Finnish Embassies, USAID, World Rehabilitation Fund, Save the Children Foundation, UNHCR, Women Guild of Vienna, “Arminco” CJSC, “Unicomp” CJSC, Antares Media Holding, Counterpart International, UNDP among others.
Integration of the disabled into the society through their physical, social, psychological rehabilitation, protection of their rights, assistance to their health and educational issues, creation of income generating business for them and development of national sports for the disabled.
- Promote physical, social and psychological rehabilitation of the disabled.
- Utilize sports to develop strong bodies and active minds.
- Develop skills to meet challenges of life for the disabled.
- Disabled rights protection.
- Public education through dissemination of information on the issues of disability.
- Prosthetic services.
- Income generating business for the disabled