Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the ESADT call on Thursday 10 January 2013 at 1900 UTC
  Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/I4RZAg
  Gisella Gruber-White:Heads-up: our next ESADT call is on Tuesday 15 January 2013 at 2030 UTC
  Gisella Gruber-White:Notification will be sent out after today's meeting in order to avoid confusion
  Alan Greenberg:Gisella, not sure where you took that copy of Rule 27 from, but if it was from the Wiki, there is a formatting problem in that 27.7 is buried at the end of 27.6. (can't verify if this version has the problem since I can't scroll).
  Alan Greenberg:Just fixed the wiki...
  Yaovi Atohoun:Hi Gisella. Me too I can't scroll
  Heidi Ullrich:Are you able to scroll now?
  Yaovi Atohoun:Not  yet
  Yaovi Atohoun:can do it now
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr::-)
  Heidi Ullrich:I have given Yrjo and Yaovi hosting rights
  Heidi Ullrich:Cheryl, are you able to scroll?
  Heidi Ullrich:Yaovi, would you like it so only the hosts have scrolling rights or everyone?
  Heidi Ullrich:It is 65 degrees F in LA and everyone is wearing coats and scarves ;)
  Carlton Samuels:Hiay
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi All, Staff will be taking Action Items only. A recording will be available shortly after the call. A transcript will be posted within 48 hours.
  Gisella Gruber-White:HI Alan - please advise on document
  Gisella Gruber-White:Avri has joined the Adobe COnnect
  Heidi Ullrich:Welcome, Avri!
  avri:Hi,
  avri:I have an issue with the definition of the electorate in 27.6.  Is that in scope for this discussion?
  Gisella Gruber-White:Dev has joined the call
  avri:i think the scope of the electorate is a problem
  Gisella Gruber-White:Hopefully Tijani's line will be better now
  Gisella Gruber-White:Jose disconnected - calling him back
  avri:oops, i mean 27.7
  avri:27.7 was hard to find since it is hidden as part of a proceeding paragragh.  definately a note for a format fix.
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Avri. I'll change it on the wiki
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:The link at 27.3 (which was the old SocialText link) is probably now at https://community.icann.org/display/ABSdt/Draft+BCEC+Operating+Principles
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I agree  to retaining the correct and full references  to bylaws
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes  Avri  Alan has fixed that in the wiki  but  has not been done yet here
  avri:Will there be a review onf the Operating Procedures.  I would like to recommend that they institutionalize a way to make sure candidates have actually been successfully contacted when they are supposed to repsond.
  Heidi Ullrich:Actually, it is correct on the wiki page. I believe tranforming it to a PDF made the format change...
  Heidi Ullrich:Tijani, we are not hearing you.
  Heidi Ullrich:Are you speaking?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Correct  Dev  but they shooiuld NOT be listed as Draft any more
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Yes, I have one comment on 27.2
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:waiting for the dail out
  Gisella Gruber-White:Tijani - we are calling you
  Gisella Gruber-White:Jose has not reconnected - we are getting his voicemail
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Continue please and I will intervene when connected
  Alan Greenberg:For 27.1 From ICANN Bylaws Article VI Section 8.4 4. At least six months before the date specified for the commencement of the term as specified in paragraphs 1.d-f above, any Supporting Organization or the At-Large community entitled to select a Director for a Seat with a term beginning that year shall give the Secretary of ICANN written notice of its selection.
  Heidi Ullrich:Could Add "At-Large" before it...
  Alan Greenberg:CORRECTION: For 27.1 From ICANN Bylaws Article VI Section 8.4  At least six months before the date specified for the commencement of the term as specified in paragraphs 1.d-f above, any Supporting Organization or the At-Large community entitled to select a Director for a Seat with a term beginning that year shall give the Secretary of ICANN written notice of its selection.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes OR delate the word Bpard
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:AS tIJANI SAYS
  Alan Greenberg:Call it the ALAC Board Selection Process Committee - ABSPC
  Carlton Samuels:Yes to Alan
  Carlton Samuels:We need the context for referal integrity
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Oversight Selection Process Committee as Cheryl suggested is ok, but the context is critical
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:still like the term Oversight in it  yes Dev
  Carlton Samuels:@27.3:  Why have the task defined here?
  avri:a wiki site is a web site
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Or have it published as a appendix
  avri:and wiki pages can be locked
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:so the document is a complete reference and kept in a PDF
  Carlton Samuels:@Dev: Yes indeed.  Maybe we need to assess the requirements of members.
  Alan Greenberg:@avri, for the ICANN web site proper, a reorg can include a redirect if the web site structure changes. The same is not true if we change wikis (as is the case with the current URL).
  Carlton Samuels:..and align the toolset..
  avri:with the way the ICANn web pages get tossed in the air so they can fall in new a novel configuration, a regualr web link is not much more useful.  but sure, whatever.
  Carlton Samuels:@CLO +1.  We must not conflate the arguments re method into this at all!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Q: can a person be on the BSPC and the BCEC at the same time?
  avri:or could call it a stmt of candidacy
  Carlton Samuels:Support CLO SOI to EOI
  avri:eoi, coi, soi, ....
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:support changing of SOI to EOI
  Carlton Samuels:@Dev:on meber serving on both committees NO
  avri:who is going to remember which of [e,c,s] one is talking about?
  Carlton Samuels:@Tijani: OK by me
  Yaovi Atohoun:disconnected
  Heidi Ullrich:Yaovi, Adigo is dialing you now
  Heidi Ullrich:Please make sure you state your name before speaking. We are going to use transcripts rather than summary minutes
  Gisella Gruber-White:Yaovi - we are still calling you
  Yaovi Atohoun:I am back
  Heidi Ullrich:Welcome, Yaovi.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:this is an important discussion and I'll be listening to the recording closely as unfortunately, I have to be in a another WG call starting now
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:take care all
  Roosevelt King:To endorse Dev's point, I would like to state that ICANN's rules are very important and they should be so poised as to tricle down to the RALO's where the RALOs rules may be in doubt or ambiguous. ICANN's rules may stand as the best example.
  Carlton Samuels:Can I speaks
  Alan Greenberg:A BCEC can ask any question they want.
  Carlton Samuels:My hand is up!!
  Alan Greenberg:The BCEC *CANNOT* go to a RALO and ask if they support a person. That compromises the confidentiality of the process. The RALOs have an opportunity to select the BCEC members
  Yaovi Atohoun:@Alan I agree with what you are saying
  Yaovi Atohoun:I just want to say that BCEC should not accept that a candidate not selected goes back to ask support from 3 RALOs
  Alan Greenberg:How long is this call scheduled forÉ
  avri:we are all in favor of democarcy, we just dont trust the voters.  this is oligarchy
  Heidi Ullrich:Alan - the call was scheduled for one hour.
  avri:what you are all saying undercutts the entrie structure of at-large.
  Alan Greenberg:"Yaovi, if I remember correctly (and I may not), the RALO candidates were specifically for that purpose (among other reasons).
  avri:Perfect = people voting.  ALS reps voting was the compromise.
  Heidi Ullrich:Please state your names before speaking.
  avri:It is the ALAC and RALO repsomnsiblity to make sure they are onvovled and informed.
  Yaovi Atohoun:@Carlton,  I am not saying that candidates should be required to add RALO endorsement.
  avri:you have turned at-large into a top-down orgnaization
  Carlton Samuels:@Yaovi: Glad to hear it!
  Yaovi Atohoun:thanks
  Carlton Samuels:I withdraw
  Yrjö Länsipuro:we running over time
  Gisella Gruber-White:The next call is on Tuesday 15th at 2030 UTC
  Carlton Samuels:@Avri:  That statement that 'nobody involves ALS' is too broadly framed.  I fully endorse the motion of candidate outreach directly to ALS and will support any and all mechanisms to do so
  Roosevelt King:agreed
  Carlton Samuels:@Alan:  I will support a candidate as an elector.  And will support that cadidate's right to be equally protected
  avri:Well you know what my public comments are going to be on this.  i find the absence of democracy deplorable. unfortunatly i have jury duty on your next meeting so i won't be able to argue for greater suffrage any longer.
  avri:please don't hade behind what some board member years ago might have siad.
  avri:Suffrage for all ALSes
  Carlton Samuels:@Samantha on Board Approval of At-Large voting structure for Board member:  My sense is this is NOT a board decision
  Yaovi Atohoun:bye

• No labels