Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the ESADT call on Monday 24 September 2012 at 1800 UTC
  Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/MIkoAg
  Eduardo Diaz:¡Hola a todos!
  Gisella Gruber-White:Hola Eduardo
  Matt Ashtiani:¡Hola Eduardo! ¿Como estas?
  Alan Greenberg:SInce Cheryl is here, I guess I will dial in.
  Rudi Vansnick:hello everybody
  Eduardo Diaz:Bien, gracias.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone
  Rudi Vansnick:LOL
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi All
  Heidi Ullrich:You should all have individual scrolling rights now
  Rudi Vansnick:i'm sorry i have to leave this call for an urgency ..
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Rudi - thank you - the summary minutes will be posted shortly after the call as well as the recording
  Yaovi Atohoun:Hello all. I am ready to join
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Going back to 1.2 - The concept of elections is confidential meant that the ALAC member does not have to disclose how the member has voted compared to other ALAC votes where the ALAC member's vote is publicly disclosed at the end of each vote.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Yaovi has joined the call
  Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome
  Yaovi Atohoun:Thank you
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Yes, u r righ
  Heidi Ullrich:Having the vote after the AGM would also mean that the new ALAC is NOT at the AGM.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Re: 2 - I think the "old" ALAC should be the  group to elect the ALAC officers.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Dev  we revert to confidentaility for vote (when vote is required) foe personal appointments  due to the risk of people  being hampered or concerned with the value judgements POSSIBLY associated with them being avoided by being public...
  Alan Greenberg:Based on TIjani's comment to the DSDT, there will be a DSDT meeting next week and we will be discussing it there.
  Alan Greenberg:I will report back here.
  Heidi Ullrich:Could the text of 2.1.3 be expanded for the other steps required including acceptance of the nomination, vote, when elected officers are seated?
  Heidi Ullrich:ok, thanks, Yrjo.
  Heidi Ullrich:As long as the steps are in the text.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Eduardo - you disconnected - I hope you hear us through the Adobe Connect
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:YES  they can  Yaovi  but we have NO influence in NomCOm
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:directly tht is
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:or in the defintions
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:(shrug) what is the need for 2.1.9?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:because experience has shown that  SOMETIMES  people  think even online  or via a returning officer  needs to be outlined as OK
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Understood (thanks!), putting 2.1.10 in front of 2.1.9 as Alan suggested is a good one
  Alan Greenberg:Yrjo, for the next pass, I promise I will provide specific text for any suggestions.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:but it is the person  not the roll thst is selected bu NimCom  the ROLE  is selected  gy ALAC from the puddle left
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:So AGREE with  OCL
  Alan Greenberg:Olivier, you have 4 minutes remaining!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:DISAGREE to Yaovis
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Alan yes I think I'm going to be killed.
  Alan Greenberg:NomCom may or may not name someone withon a year.
  Yaovi Atohoun:I am disconnected
  Eduardo Diaz:@cheryl: We just have to make sure that there is regional balance in the Leadership Team
  Yaovi Atohoun:I can agree if we don't have to take necessary the person from a RALO
  Yaovi Atohoun:and also take care of the regional balance
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes  and  unless there are 3 casual vaccancies  form 1 region  or NO useful person representing the region exists
  Eduardo Diaz:@Alan: But what about regional balance?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:we're mixing two things or more together.
  Yaovi Atohoun:Please speak a bit loudly
  Alan Greenberg:Tijani, we may be reaching a record for us agreeing with each other on everything!  ;-)
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I agree with Tijani. Case of Officers (as in ExCom). Case of Chair. And when the person leaving is a NomCom appointee, anyone can be selected from the ALAC, whether NomCom appointee or not. But let's keep the two cases separated
  Eduardo Diaz:@Alan: When you said starting from square one, did you include all officers? If the chair resigns and he/she is from Europe (fro example), I believe that someone from Europe has to be selected since the chair counts for the regional balance withing the Leadership Team
  Alan Greenberg:@Cheryl, in that case (change to selection appointments and elections, we are actually agreeing again.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Extraordinary Elections, Selections & Appointments flies with me too.
  Alan Greenberg:Change the title that is
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:change the title but keep the two cases of Chair & Excom as separate clauses
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I think we all agree. We just need to word this right.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Agree OCL
  Heidi Ullrich:Did you want the text in 2.2.4 to say Chair/staff to post the election summary?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:that would be better IMO   Heidi
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:YES  only to end of original term
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I am confused -- I don't see 2.2.4 in the document on screen
  Heidi Ullrich:Scroll down, Olivier
  Yaovi Atohoun:@Olivier, please scroll down
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:aaah got it
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I was looking at wrong part in middle of doc
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:and looking at sandbox too // which is not update
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:some of that could go to the Annex  YES
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:ggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrkkkk... must..... drink..... water.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Suggestion for election  - if only 2 candidates, use first past the post as the voting system. With more than 2 candidates, use Instant-runoff voting (IRV)
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:agree Dev
  Alan Greenberg:Olivier, it might not be death, but simply a fit of sanity!
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:it was short-lived
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Dev  Yes  I agree woth your point...
  Heidi Ullrich:Please note that there are two VCs, so which VC would take the Chair position?
  Gisella Gruber-White:Yaovi is online
  Gisella Gruber-White:and not muted
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:that would be delt with via the succession list  OR  circumstance Heidi  like who is in the room
  Alan Greenberg:Heidi, are you trying to second-guess my proposal for succession list???
  Gisella Gruber-White:We are disconnecting Yaovi's line and will dial out to him again
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:or available to serve
  Heidi Ullrich:We're working with Adigo to get Yaovi back.
  Yaovi Atohoun:We should have 1st VC and 2nd VC positions. Not just two VCs
  Alan Greenberg:I've already drafted it in my head...
  Heidi Ullrich:@Alan, I didn't capture your proposal for the succession list. Could you please briefly state it in the chat?
  Heidi Ullrich:ah, got it!
  Heidi Ullrich:Yaovi, Adigo is getting Voicemail.
  Alan Greenberg:It wasn't stated. Justy in process of drafting a proposal (between onterventions here). Will be in MADT meeting.
  Heidi Ullrich:got, it, Alan.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:exactly Cheryl
  Heidi Ullrich:AI: AG to draft a succession proposal to be presented during the MADT meeting.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes OCL  exactly
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:it is the basis that NomCom was built on
  Alan Greenberg:Words in Bylaws are: The ALAC shall, after consultation with each RALO, annually appoint five voting delegates (no two of whom shall be citizens of countries in the same Geographic Region, as defined according to Section 5 of Article VI) to the Nominating Committee.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I like the way it is drafted at the moment
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:it can be read to  believe that os the ONLY way people can be considered OCL
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:AGREE with ALAN  here
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:I agree
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:we should enshrine  that we INCLUDE for consideration  names from the RALOs  but that is ALL  in my opinion
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and YES  quote the ByLaws  1st
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:agree, Cheryl
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:++++  to that poinnt OCL
  Gisella Gruber-White:Tijani dropped - we are calling him back
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:got a lot done  today GOOD  call
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:should be penultimate drafting now :-)
  Gisella Gruber-White:Next ESADT call on Monday 8 October at 1300 UTC. THis will be confirmed shortly as there may be a conflicting meeting.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Please keep an eye on the list
  Yaovi Atohoun:Thank you Alan
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:CLO  is sitting with a large smile on my face here in Aus  THANKS  team :-)
  Eduardo Diaz:GRacias
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks everyone, take care all!

• No labels