20:17:00 From Michelle DeSmyter - ICANN Org to Everyone:
    Hello, my name is Michelle DeSmyter and I will be monitoring this chat room and the Q&A pod.  In this role, I am the voice for remote participants.  Please note that questions or comments will only be read aloud if submitted within the Q&A pod. I will read them aloud during the time set by the Chair or Moderator of this session.  Questions and comments placed in chat will be considered part of the “chat” and will not be read out loud on the microphone.  If you wish to speak during this session, raise your hand in Zoom or queue at the aisle microphone as directed.

Please note that chat sessions are being archived and are governed by the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior. http://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/accountability/expected-standards
20:52:29 From Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond to Everyone:
    It's all about the risk of ligitation.
20:57:13 From Bill Jouris to Everyone:
    What is the risk of litigation of simply providing a contact point?  With no requirement regarding what the registrar has to do and how fast, just a point of contact.  The only obvious complaint from the registrars would seem to be that they want to be hard to reach so that they cannot be expected to act because they (deliberately) nevere heard the request.
21:02:07 From Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond to Everyone:
    Many of our ALSes have technical remits. Great way to spread the word.
21:04:26 From Bill Jouris to Everyone:
    Even something where the word doesn't get out well would seem to be a step forward over having nothing.
21:04:54 From Ram Mohan to Everyone:
    Reacted to "Many of our ALSes ha..." with 
21:05:59 From Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond to Everyone:
    as an end user purchasing a new computer you have to set-up your network parameters. Make sure they are .internal
21:07:29 From Ram Mohan to Everyone:
    Reacted to "as an end user purch..." with 
21:07:33 From Bill Jouris to Everyone:
    Replying to "as an end user purch..."

Perhaps get the vendor to make .internal (or whatever) be the default on their equipment as it goes out the door.
21:08:20 From Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond to Everyone:
    localhost.localdomain is widespread
21:09:42 From Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond to Everyone:
    localhost.localdomain is widespread     127.0.0.1
21:10:23 From Merike Kaeo to Everyone:
    Reacted to "Perhaps get the vend..." with 

• No labels