09:01:18 From Harold Arcos : Hi everyone,,,
09:01:33 From LILIAN IVETTE DE LUQUE : Hi harold and all
09:01:56 From Maureen Hilyard (ALAC) : Hi Harold and Lillan and all :)
09:02:14 From Jonathan : Hi there! Thanks for joining!
09:02:47 From Harold Arcos : Hi Lilian, Maureen nice to e-see you again,,
09:03:03 From Heidi Ullrich : Hi All
09:03:13 From LILIAN IVETTE DE LUQUE : hi maureen!
09:07:42 From Marita Moll : sound very bad on my end. Is it just me
09:08:04 From Marita Moll : Sound back now -- maybe it is just my end
09:08:07 From Yrjo Lansipuro : Audio distorted
09:08:16 From LILIAN IVETTE DE LUQUE : yes sound is bad
09:08:22 From Maureen Hilyard (ALAC) : Jonathan does sound a little muffled at times Ok at the moment.
09:08:28 From Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond : I also am finding the sound to not be too optimal -- it varies
09:09:09 From Marita Moll : some hands up
09:09:12 From Alan Greenberg : https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/GeoNames+Survey+Draft+Questions+in+EN is probably a better thing to display.
09:09:37 From Claudia Ruiz : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UD-cx1Q_R3LeiJRHmBpxaP005JD1Y6Q7AbclMKV1zkQ/viewform?edit_requested=true
09:09:40 From Marita Moll : No Tijani -- it's a problem -- fades and comes back in
09:10:32 From Jonathan : Can you not hear me?
09:10:44 From Claudia Ruiz : No
09:10:48 From Nadira AlAraj : Are we reviewing the survey or the results of the survey?
09:10:54 From Claudia Ruiz : I’m having the operator dial out to you @jonathan
09:12:38 From Marita Moll : Okay, much better
09:12:38 From Maureen Hilyard (ALAC) : Yes we can hear you Jonathan
09:15:54 From Marita Moll : I agree @ alan, that was a problem for me. Didn't really understand "likely"
09:16:20 From Marita Moll : For me, I would drop that
09:17:05 From Harold Arcos : I consider it a key point to solve specific questions about: What do we want to measure? Opinions?

If we want to measure opinions, I suggest the Likert scale and propose an affirmative sentence to know how many people disagree with the scenarios.
09:17:15 From Marita Moll : How is it relevent whether it is likely.
09:18:38 From Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond : because if the majority of people think that a specific scenario is unlikely then we do not need to focus on that scenario
09:18:44 From Marita Moll : Sort surveys are better than long surveys -- don't try to cover everything in one survey
09:24:39 From Marita Moll : Yes, it is unnecessarily comple, IMHO
09:25:50 From Marita Moll : So, just ask that question
09:29:31 From Harold Arcos : It would allow us to count the amount of "Agreements" or "Disagreements" with the situation.

Un example clásico::
- Strongly disagree.
- Disagreement
- Normal
- Agree
- Strongly agree

About the sense of the final question (Do you feel this type of scenario is likely?) I suggest using "think" instead "feel"
09:30:18 From Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond : These are scenarios. Some are terrible ideas, but that's exactly the point! There are some terrible ideas that might be implemented and the question is whether the terrible idea is likely to happen
09:30:19 From Harold Arcos : and avoid "likely" to ask a reaction.
09:30:26 From Evin Erdoğdu : Thank you Harold, we will formally translate into ES after the questions are finalized.
09:31:52 From Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond : perhaps rather than using "likely" one could ask "is such as scenario probable?"
09:32:28 From Nadira AlAraj : +1 Marita, this survey is targeted to those who know the topic.
09:32:31 From Heidi Ullrich : Are you all clear on what the main aim of this survey is? Who are you targeting? What information do you wish to gain from this survey?
09:33:16 From Heidi Ullrich : That is helpful, Jonathan. So the target is At-Large community members.
09:33:27 From Nadira AlAraj : The problem not All in the RALOs knows this issue
09:34:01 From Heidi Ullrich : That might be useful in itself. Is capacity building on this topic needed?
09:34:29 From Heidi Ullrich : Should there be a webinar for the community explaining this - even before this survey is sent?
09:36:23 From Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond : capacity building about 2nd level domain names? Seriously? We've had lots of Webinars about domain names.
09:37:19 From Marita Moll : Okay, Olivier -- we need to specify the audience -- Alan is right -- RALO sending it out to ALS is not the right description of the target audience
09:37:44 From Marita Moll : +Alan -- exactly what I was trying to say
09:38:55 From Alan Greenberg : Sure we can educate, but I din't think we have the time for that, nor will we get heavy participation.
09:40:21 From Gordon Chillcott : Agree with Marita nere.
09:41:12 From Maureen Hilyard (ALAC) : I agree with Alan in that some ALSes will have problems with the survey, but that is because there are so many out there who have not engaged in this important discussion. In that case a webinar would be good, but it is up to the RALO Chairs to be discussing with it with their members and clarifying any potential areas that might need clarifying
09:41:52 From Heidi Ullrich : I think we may need to distinguish between the ALS reps (who are moderately informed/active) vs At-Large members.
09:42:10 From Heidi Ullrich : I would assume the At-Large reps would be able to respond to the survey
09:42:24 From Heidi Ullrich : But the members of their ALSes may need more information.
09:42:55 From Heidi Ullrich : However, in general, the survey should have a info that sets the context of the survey.
09:42:56 From Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond : Can I remind everyone that 60 people have taken the ATLAS III ICANN Learn Courses that have brought them up to a level where they would understand the survey. Plus 30 or so regular ICANN At-Large travellers, so that's 90 people that can answer this survey. Isn't that a good start?
09:43:49 From Maureen Hilyard (ALAC) : When we talk about ALSes we are generally talking about those members of the ALSes who participate in At-Large.. and most of these are not the formal ALS reps who don't even turn up to regional meetings
09:44:09 From Heidi Ullrich : @Olivier, understand, yes. However, to have the knowledge to answer to 9 and 10 - not likely
09:44:18 From Heidi Ullrich : There should perhaps be an option of Don’t know
09:44:37 From Heidi Ullrich : That would show the level of knowledge - or lack thereof...
09:45:08 From Maureen Hilyard (ALAC) : I answered maybe,. which for me meant I don't know :)
09:45:22 From Maureen Hilyard (ALAC) : For some questions
09:46:21 From Nadira AlAraj : @Maureen, it is important to add "I don't know"
09:46:50 From Alan Greenberg : oR INSTEAD OF "DON'T KNOW" TELL PEOPLE TO SKIP ONES THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND.
09:46:58 From Alan Greenberg : Sorry for caps.
09:47:17 From Heidi Ullrich : Don’t know would give you info on the level of knowledge
09:47:52 From Maureen Hilyard (ALAC) : I like the 'dont know' option
09:48:12 From Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond : Jonathan is on phone only.
09:48:30 From Alan Greenberg : That's why I suggested that he look at the chat afterwards!
09:49:36 From Nadira AlAraj : We have to think twice to assume Blu Nile is jewelry company
09:51:42 From Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond : the question is "Is the result good or bad for you?"
09:52:22 From Maureen Hilyard (ALAC) : I was looking at it from a personal perspective
09:52:32 From Nadira AlAraj : This survey because it is done for the first time, better not to depend on its results.
09:53:17 From Marita Moll : I still think this is a great effort
09:53:30 From Harold Arcos : thank you all

• No labels