Nominated By

Date Nominee Accepted

Nominee's Statement

Result

Ali AlMeshal

(Eligible for re-appointment)

Ali AlMeshal

Naveed Bin Rais

I have been the VC Chair of APRALO since the 2014. During my term from 2014 to 2018, I have been diligently carrying out the duties expected of the VC Chair. This period has seen several important activities including the APRALO General Assembly in October 2017, which had a very positive feedback from all participants, and the At-Large Review, where APRALO as an organization contributed significantly. I have been the Coordinator for the First mentorship program in APRALO, which have proven it’s successfulness and version 2 is in the process. I was very much involve in last year GA with the host as well as for doing pre-outreach to academia and other community.

I have also been carrying out outreach for APRALO as well as for ICANN At-Large and ICANN at venues such as IGF 2017  (Geneva) , APRICOT  (Auckland , Vietnam) and several CROP trips like first IGF in Armina, PICISOC & IGF in Cook Island to the events of partners such as Internet Society, Middle East ISOC meeting with MENOG. I have also played an important role in the Middle East Strategy working group , being on the strategy working group and very much active with Middle East VP from GSE team.   

Furthermore, I believe that I would be able to take on some of the challenging activities awaiting us in the future, for instance the ATLAS 3 that is set for next year. Individual members and the revision of its bylaws for APRALO is another challenge which will require an expert   leadership team who can manage such change in professionally.

Moreover, due to the commitment and desire that I have to for ICANN as a whole, I would claim that I am well suited for the position of the Vice Chair of APRALO.

Ali AlMeshal
Shreedeep RayamajhiSelf nominated

Shreedeep Rayamajhi's Statement

APRALO Secretariat

Position* 

(APRALO ROPs V 1.4 following the original Operating Principles)