Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Yesim Nazlar: (12/19/2018 14:50) Welcome to the At-Large Consolidated Policy Working Group (CPWG) Call taking place on Wednesday, 19 December 2018 at 13:00 UTC
  Yesim Nazlar: (14:50) Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/cQj_BQ
  Joanna Kulesza: (15:49) Hi everyone:)
  Yesim Nazlar: (15:50) Hi Joanna!
  Gordon Chillcott: (15:51) Hello, all.
  Yesim Nazlar: (15:53) Welcome Gordon!
  Evin Erdogdu: (15:57) Hello all, welcome!
  Abdalmonem Galila: (15:58) Hello all
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (15:58) it is
  Jonathan Zuck: (15:58) I think you sound great
  Jonathan Zuck: (15:58) micriphone was better
  Yrjö Länsipuro: (15:59) Hadia, AC audio is good provided you speak close to the mic
  Evin Erdogdu: (16:00) Sounds much better!
  Harold Arcos: (16:03) Hello everyone
  Lilian Ivette De Luque: (16:05) hello everyone
  Glenn McKnight: (16:05) I am working on a  ABR proposal similar to the NCUC  Policy Comment Webinar/Face to Face  
  Glenn McKnight: (16:08) EPDP EBook  from Stephanie  Perrin  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__online.fliphtml5.com_gnel_gawp_&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=ZpBtD7EmIDbuRXfVJYKk1XMG5ebwHtz6dcM3IYihEbo&s=U5TV-cy_BJOyTUZTLKpl_qboPZZ6emKhAJ0QdswfT5I&e=
  Jonathan Zuck: (16:10) perhaps the penholder?
  Abdalmonem Galila: (16:10) PDF
  Glenn McKnight: (16:11) Hadia your sound is great today
  Glenn McKnight: (16:11) very clear
  Joanna Kulesza: (16:11) thanks for sharing @Glenn, very helpful 
  Glenn McKnight: (16:12) FYI Folks   I try to convert all the presentations to EBOOKS   https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__fliphtml5.com_bookcase_bwvb&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=ZpBtD7EmIDbuRXfVJYKk1XMG5ebwHtz6dcM3IYihEbo&s=C0iivj76E1U1BLb-XfyyK2nQLnBXHvrpXJKkMkcrR7I&e=
  Glenn McKnight: (16:12) ATLARGE presentations 
  Kaili Kan: (16:13) Sorry to be late.  Had problems connecting thru the Internet.
  Yesim Nazlar: (16:14) Welcome Kaili
  Kaili Kan: (16:14) Thanks!
  Satish Babu: (16:15) Apologies for being late...
  Yesim Nazlar: (16:17) Welcome Satish 
  Evin Erdogdu: (16:17) @Hadia if you and Alan submit the comment as a Word doc/PDF, staff may add a cover letter when submitted detailing the development process, including CPWG involvement.
  Evin Erdogdu: (16:18) So you are welcome to send the Word doc/PDF to staff
  Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: (16:19) Appologies am late 
  Yesim Nazlar: (16:20) Welcome Daniel 
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:20) She said she would review and dvise
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:20) IRTP 
  Hadia Elminiawi: (16:20) @Evin we are going to submit a word doc and yes we can send it to staff to email it on behalf of of the group 
  judith hellerstein: (16:20) sorry for being late
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:20) and I thought advice us  NIT to comment
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:20)   Exactly  JZ
  Evin Erdogdu: (16:20) Policy Status Report: Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP): https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=97847993
  Evin Erdogdu: (16:20) @Hadia noted, thank you very much
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:21) AND  I pointed this out in the recent ALAC call (so hard;y updated here as it should be)
  Justine Chew: (16:22) I think Joanna offered to look at the one on the new UDRP service provider? I can also do the same, being a member of the RPM PDP WG. 
  Justine Chew: (16:22) Just to see if ALAC needs to comment on it.
  Joanna Kulesza: (16:22) +1 Justine
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:23) No COmment needed for *this* IRTP OC
  Marita Moll: (16:23) I would agree with Holl
  Hadia Elminiawi: (16:23) I agree with hOlly
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:24) and I foreshadowed that with the ALAC  in the ALAC Call
  Jonathan Zuck: (16:24) yes but a different type of comment
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:24) normally IRTP *is* a consumer issue ... Just not **this* one
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:24) normally IRTP *is* a consumer issue ... Just not **this* one[\
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:24) +1 Cheryl
  Hadia Elminiawi: (16:24) +1 Cheryl
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:27) Budget ***is*** essential for the ALAC to Comment on
  judith hellerstein: (16:27) they already said they would have another webinar in January
  Evin Erdogdu: (16:27) @Justine thank you, will follow up with Joanna re: UDRP
  judith hellerstein: (16:27) I was on the call
  Marita Moll: (16:27) I thought we would be able to review that webinar later -- do we have a link
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:27) the Budget call (which some of us attended even with the clash) is also available to listen to
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:27)  We MUST do that one as well
  judith hellerstein: (16:28) yes it is up on their website 
  Holly Raiche: (16:28) Support for Tijanai doing the financeand budget
  judith hellerstein: (16:28) Tina I, I could help. you out on this
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:28) It is procedural  BUT it is also essential
  Evin Erdogdu: (16:28) @Holly the FY20 webinar session was recorded and will be posted here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__go.icann.org_2SYI4Wx&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=ZpBtD7EmIDbuRXfVJYKk1XMG5ebwHtz6dcM3IYihEbo&s=eaO86qxzaPNIvmHiXuHAEU-xBO7sglFURDG1Nd1fODQ&e=  
  Hadia Elminiawi: (16:29) I support Tijani too as a penholder 
  judith hellerstein: (16:29) *tijani
  Holly Raiche: (16:29) Thanks - evin, would you email the link to me a well since thi link will be gone when the meeting is over -
  avri doria: (16:30) though i attend these mtgs as an individual, speaking as a member of the Board OEC, hope to see a comment from ALAC, even if it only says the procedures look ok.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:31) Indeed @Avri
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:31) understood Avri. Thanks
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:31) it is PIVOTAL work IM9biased obviously) view
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:31) yes JZ
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:32) we can let AG know the "good news"
  Holly Raiche: (16:34) The topics she just listed do not match what is on the slide?
  Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: (16:39) Are the slides moving or static?
  Justine Chew: (16:39) @Hadia, I think there is also an element of registration in bad faith in URS complaint filing, not just use in bad faith
  Jonathan Zuck: (16:39) good purpose
  Justine Chew: (16:40) There is rule in URS which refers to "domain was registered and is being used in bad faith"
  Yesim Nazlar: (16:41) @Daniel: the slides are being controlled by Hadia. 
  Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: (16:43) Great 
  Jonathan Zuck: (16:44) That was organization I thought
  Justine Chew: (16:46) It's the same for both UDRP and URS but I get your point, thank you.
  Justine Chew: (16:47) It's just that both are a prerequisite for filing a UDRP or URS complaint. 
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:47) I support the proposal for us to follow either of those latter suggestions @Hadie yes (as it should be both IMO)
  Holly Raiche: (16:49) if admin C is kept, I am assuming the contact detail could be anonymised - e.g., admin@XYZ.com
  Justine Chew: (16:51) It is actually prudent to have different Admin-C and Tech-C .... a practical eg if one person was named as the only contact for both and loses use of their submitted contact details (think resignation, death) the registrant may lose their domain because no one could be contacted. Oh well.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:51) Note I will be swithing part of my attention to another call at the top of the hour, so you may see me in this AC twice for a short while No need to redial me into the Audio Bridge however  when I drop
  Abdalmonem Galila: (16:53) @ـعسفهىو +1
  Abdalmonem Galila: (16:53) @Justin, +1
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:54) @Holly: the absurd thing in this process is that every email address can be anonymized with generic email addresses like admin@.... tech@... etc. The EPDP is in a dynamic that might weaken the stability of the domain name system, if these details are not collected
  Justine Chew: (16:54) Thank you, Hadia
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:54) Thanks very much @Hadia
  Holly Raiche: (16:54) No - good presentation
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (16:54) I like where the proposeals are heading
  Maureen Hilyard: (16:55) Thank you Hadia 
  Justine Chew: (16:56) @Jonathan, nope, just an observation
  Hadia Elminiawi: (16:56) Thank you all
  Holly Raiche: (16:56) @ OCL - Not sure I agree.  I owuld have thought it would make sense to have one email address (regardless of who is on a shift to answer it) so that admin questions go to the same spot.  Similarly, have one number that reaches someone who can solve the problem??
  Hadia Elminiawi: (17:03) Bye all I shall need to leave for the other EPDP call
  Hadia Elminiawi: (17:03) Thank you Justine - 
  Jonathan Zuck: (17:03) Thanks Hadia
  Holly Raiche: (17:03) Good idea
  Christopher Wilkinson: (17:04) @Jusetine - agree include IDN variants
  Abdalmonem Galila: (17:05) @Christopher, i miss the talk about IDN, could you told me what said by Justine ?
  Marita Moll: (17:12) Brilliant presentation -- thanks Justine
  Marita Moll: (17:13) WT5 is working on a definition of geonames. Not done yet.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (17:13) Thanks for this excellent analysis @Justine,  re auctions,  but I suspect some of the SOME might be actually FEW
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (17:14) WT5   Supplemental Initial Report*is* out for PC now
  Jonathan Zuck: (17:15) thanks clo so it's not part of THIS comment but it's current
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (17:15) all Actions come in under General PDP. flow of work fo relevant in THIS response JZ
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (17:16) Actions above should read. Auctions
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (17:17) all Auctions is overall PDP
  Holly Raiche: (17:17) Great slides Justine - very clear
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (17:18) exceptionally well analysed
  Jonathan Zuck: (17:18) that's why it's a last resort
  Joanna Kulesza: (17:18) +1, thank you JC
  Maureen Hilyard: (17:19) +1 re Justines presentation and explanation of the options
  Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: (17:19) I like the simplicity 
  Christopher Wilkinson: (17:20) Regarding Registrar suppostd, OI do consider that athis is close to aspects of competition policy, therefore close to the lpublic interest. Accordingly I regret that ALAC decides not to comment. I shall comment personally directly to the Public Consultation. CW
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (17:22) not currently
  Christopher Wilkinson: (17:22) H<ave to leave the call for a domestic bligation. (preparing lunch).
  avri doria: (17:22) if one pass CPe, they avoid auction unless here are two of them that pass
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (17:22) my audio is not working here in this cLl
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (17:23) thanks Avri
  avri doria: (17:23) do not think that happened
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (17:23) not that I know of Avri
  Justine Chew: (17:24) Hence random draw [D]
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (17:29) only the winner benefits from random draw
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (17:30) strong advice would be appreciated if you could provide it
  Maureen Hilyard: (17:30) I would go for the Vickery auction - but leaving now for the Auction Proceeds meeting
  Glenn McKnight: (17:30) sounds like a demon
  Glenn McKnight: (17:30) who has posssessed her
  Marita Moll: (17:30) That's right Cheryll, but in this case it is onlycommunityapplications
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (17:30) Avri's voice is distorted and sounds like Darth Vader
  Glenn McKnight: (17:30) I"M YOUR  FATHER
  Yesim Nazlar: (17:30) @Avri: let me know if you need a dial out 
  Holly Raiche: (17:31) (Darth Vader with a sore throat
  Joanna Kulesza: (17:31) +1 for Darth :)
  judith hellerstein: (17:31) hi I have to leave for the auction proceeds call
  avri doria: (17:31) Perhaps Olivier will answer my question.  Does the adjustment in the Vaickary presuppose that even those who pass CPE would have to still go through auction?
  Jonathan Zuck: (17:32) No. CPE would get priority
  Jonathan Zuck: (17:33) that's correct
  Jonathan Zuck: (17:33) hmm. now he's contradicting me. we'll have to check this out
  avri doria: (17:34) Olivier's explanation seems to include Commnities that passed CPE in the multiplier effect.
  Justine Chew: (17:35) @Avri, I didn't think CPE would bypass auction but I stand corrected. So my earlier draft statement willl have to account for that correction.
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (17:36) @Avri: do CPEs bypass the auctions process altogether?
  avri doria: (17:36) I know there were discussions in the SubPro on changing the community application status, so was not sure if some greater change had happened elsewhere.
  Holly Raiche: (17:37) I'm still in favour of   (b) 
  Justine Chew: (17:37) @OCL, apparently yes, according to Avri and CLO
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (17:37) Greg sounds far away
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (17:37) much better!
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (17:38) so if CPE applications bypass the auction process altogether then that's a different story. I still support Vickery auction with mutliplier element
  Marita Moll: (17:38) Only community based applications end up in a random draw. How often is that likely to happen?
  Jonathan Zuck: (17:38) no one wants to be reminded of THAT!
  Jonathan Zuck: (17:39) and yet rich people still didn't go to war...
  Justine Chew: (17:39) But practically speaking CPE applicants may still have to been asked to submit a Vickrey bid in event they fail CPE.
  Marita Moll: (17:39) Right Justine. There's where there is a bit on confusion for me
  Jonathan Zuck: (17:39) agree Justine but then they are no longer CPE
  Justine Chew: (17:40) Okay, so we have consensus on [B] Multiplier-enhanced Vickery auction in this group.
  Holly Raiche: (17:41) Agre with Justine - consensus on B
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (17:41) and consensus of being against (A)
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (17:42) which in my view is equally important
  Holly Raiche: (17:42) Do we have time on this call? - we are already over time
  Justine Chew: (17:42) +1 Marita, I can try to say something meaningful yet vague about geonames?
  Justine Chew: (17:43) @Greg, just that Auctions is in the remit of present comment.
  Marita Moll: (17:43) Greg has a point there -- there will be rules around what is a geoname and who can use it. 
  Holly Raiche: (17:44) Geonames are a huge issue on their own - and not easily solved now - unless we have a few more hours to talk
  Holly Raiche: (17:44) Agree with Greg - at the best, a mention
  Justine Chew: (17:44) ALAC reserve comment on geonames per what Greg suggests.
  Holly Raiche: (17:44) Agree with Justine
  Justine Chew: (17:44) Yes, a mention, okay.,
  Marita Moll: (17:44) Yes, let's make some kind of note as a placeholder -- not to ignore it
  Justine Chew: (17:45) I will try!
  Justine Chew: (17:45) Right, let me try and turnaround the next draft of the statement soon .......
  Holly Raiche: (17:45) Thanks Justine
  Evin Erdogdu: (17:46) Thanks @Justine
  Jonathan Zuck: (17:47) sounds goo
  Jonathan Zuck: (17:47) good
  Jonathan Zuck: (17:49) there's  an epdp call tomorrow and that's the lastd of the year
  Justine Chew: (17:49) I could use the break !  :)  2 Jan for WT5 update
  Marita Moll: (17:49) We will have to talk about wt5 -- so sooner is better
  Tijani BEN JEMAA: (17:50) 9 Jan Olivier
  Marita Moll: (17:50) Jan.2
  Marita Moll: (17:51) Sorry -- go for the 9th
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (17:51) 9th but can we not clash with PDP calls
  Justine Chew: (17:51) +1 CLO
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (17:51) being in 2 calls on same topic is even doing my head in
  Justine Chew: (17:52) Thank you all very much for  your inputs
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (17:52) I had Auctions in both ears today
  Glenn McKnight: (17:52) thanks all
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (17:52)  Seasonal Greetings to all of you
  Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: (17:52) Thanks so much for the great  call and Happy Holidays 
  Justine Chew: (17:52) Merry Xmas and happy holidays!
  Evin Erdogdu: (17:52) Thank you all!! First year of CPWG
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (17:52) great work Team!!!
  Gordon Chillcott: (17:52) Thanks and bye for now.   Happy Holidays!
  Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: (17:52) Merry Festive Season 
  Justine Chew: (17:52) Please look out for notice on revised draft statement
  Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: (17:53) Bye 
  Marita Moll: (17:53) bye... 
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (17:53) thanks @Justine
  Kaili Kan: (17:53) Bye! Happy New Year!
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (17:53) will do
  Harold Arcos: (17:53) thanks all,,
  Harold Arcos: (17:53) bye all,,