Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

• 7 May 2021 -  Announcement of call for nominations and Nominee's Statement.* (Except for NARALO that requires a call for nominations 30 days before the start of the elections.)

• 10 May – 21 May 2021 - Nomination period (nominations accepted for 10 working days). 

• 28 May 2021  - Deadline for nomination acceptances

• 31 May 2021  - 4 June 2021- Calls with the candidates if desired by the RALOs. 

• 7 June - 11 June 2021 - Elections (If required, elections will begin no later than one week after the deadline for nomination acceptances and end no later than two weeks after that deadline).

• 2021 AGM [ ICANN72] - Newly elected ALAC Members and RALOs Leaders shall be seated at the end of the 2021 AGM following the close of the Board Meeting on 28 October 2021.

Position

Current Holder of Position

Nominee

Nominated By

Date Accepted

Statement of Interest

Results

Term to Serve

ALAC Member

(RALO)

Jonathan Zuck

(Eligible for re-appointment)

Jonathan ZuckAlfredo Calderon

View file
nameJonathan Zuck SOI.pdf
height150

Jonathan Zuck by acclamation. AGM2021-AGM2023

NARALO Secretary

Judith Hellerstein 

(Eligible for re-appointment)

Judith HellersteinPeter Knight

Not Accepted

N/AGlenn McKnight by acclamation. AGM2021-AGM2023
Glenn McKnightAlfredo Calderon

View file
nameGlenn McKnight SOI.pdf
height150

ALAC Delegate

to the NomCom

Glenn McKnight

(NOT eligible for re-appointment)

Peter KnightGlenn McKnight

Withdrawal on 

N/A

Judith Hellerstein will be the RALO recommendation to the ALAC

AGM2021-AGM2022
Judith HellersteinJonathan Zuck and seconded by Marita Moll

I am grateful to Jonathan Zuck and Marita Moll for nominating me as the NARALO candidate for the NomCom position. I am excited to take on this new role and challenge and accept this nomination. My passion for an open, sustainable, evolving Internet for all, drives my interest to contribute positively to this position at ICANN. 

The NomCom is responsible for selecting members of the ICANN Board, ALAC, ccNSO, the and GNSO. This is a very important function and all candidates should meet important criteria. However, what I think is really important is that we get representatives that really speak to the diversity of the people within the RALOs. I hope to speak for other forgotten minorities such as indigenous communities and those with disabilities or specific needs and make sure that outreach is done in these communities.  I have championed these rights when I was NARALO Secretariat and will with your support continue to do so if elected to the NomCom position. If elected, I will work to ensure that we use different measures of outreach into different communities to ensure that we truly get a cross-section of applicants for the open positions within the Board and within other constituencies. To ensure diversity I believe we may need a different recruiting strategy to enhance and entice applicants to apply for the open positions within ICANN.  I feel that to be able to make an impact and change in the NomCom and convince others of the importance of Gender and Diversity, the candidate must be knowledgeable about the different constituencies within ICANN. Having been a member of the CCWG Auction Proceeds and in the CCWG Internet Governance I am familiar with the different constituencies within ICANN and how I can make a real difference by ensuring that there is diverisity among the selected applicants and also that we reach out to communities where ICANN’s outreach has not managed to penetrate.  Having been in a leadership role for several years and having successfully completed the leadership Training offered by ICANN, I feel I have the requisite knowledge of the other constituencies to make a real difference and to impact change.

I have the ability to work in a group environment, standing up for what I believe in a discussion with other "strong" people, but at the same time, be a good listener and be willing to have an open mind to changes if others present a good argument.

I plan to dig into the position and to engage fully with the leadership and team delegates from different parts of the world and constituencies to focus on one common goal of selecting qualified candidates for the ICANN leadership & Board.

I am committed to being a team member of the NOMCOM and providing my sincere efforts to outreach and market the opportunity for people to join ICANN as a board member or other committees. 

I would appreciate the community support

* NOTES ON NOMINATIONS 

NARALO rules 6.4 - The Chair shall determine the date of the election  - timed, if possible, to complete prior to the ICANN meeting preceding the AGM.