Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Proposed Bylaw Amendments as requested by At-Large Improvements WT A

Olivier read out the suggested modification on Some ALAC members had submitted suggested changes to the Bylaws amendments to Article XI, Section 2.4.a a as proposed by WT A.  Olivier read out these suggested changes from ALAC members (see https://community.icann.org/display/Improve/WT+A%27s+Proposed+ICANN+Bylaw+Changes+for+ALAC+Approval). The modifications were submitted by WT A.Seth: You can also find the comments in the comment section on this page.

Samantha: The ICANN Bylaws are being maintained by the entire legal departmentLegal Department. I can not make comments on the suggested modifications on behalf of the legal team. I can make general comments, howeverAnd I will need to take the changes suggested here back to the department.  Here and now, I can not comment generally and on behalf of myself, however.  Let me explain to the ALAC, as I explained to WT A, that the purpose of the preamble that we've written is to quickly summarize the role of the ALAC without making someone read through every specific point.

OCL: Jean-Jacques proposed to add a paragraph under XI.2.4a:
has proposed to replace sentences 1 and 3 with the following:  "The ALAC, as the primary organizational home within ICANN for individual Internet users, has a responsibility in enhancing ICANN's accountability mechanisms, as called for by the Affirmation of Commitments. It also coordinates some of ICANN's outreach to individual Internet users."Samantha summarised the legal difference between At-Large and ALAC (details to follow shortly)

Alan:  The point that our community includes registrants is not obvious to everyone, hence my suggested change in the commnets.

Evan: I am not all for this amendement. Registrants is too narrow, end user is much wider community.