Nominee

Nominated By

Date Nominee Accepted

Nominee's StatementResult

Satish Babu

(Eligible for re-appointment)

Satish Babu

Pavan Budhrani

I have been the Chair of APRALO since the end of 2016, when an interim vacancy arose for the position of APRALO Chair. During my term from 2016 to 2017, I have been diligently carrying out the duties expected of the Chair. This period has seen several important activities including the APRALO General Assembly in October 2017, which had a very positive feedback from all participants, and the At-Large Review, where I personally and APRALO as an organization contributed significantly. 

I have also been carrying out outreach for APRALO as well as for ICANN At-Large and ICANN at venues such as IGF 2017 & 2016 (Geneva, Guadalajara), Asia-Pacific Regional IGF (APrIGF Bangkok, Taipei) and several CROP trips to the events of partners such as Internet Society, APNIC and APTLD from 2016. I have also played an important role in the SIG movement in Asia-Pacific, being on the Board of APSIG and being the founder the India SIG.  

Given my exposure to different parts of ICANN and At-Large, such as in the NomCom (2014, 2015), multiple cross-community working groups (Meeting Strategy, IDN Implementation, ICANN Academy), and ALAC WGs (IDN, TTF), I'm certain that APRALO will benefit from my position in its leadership.

Further, I believe I am well-placed to take on some of the challenging activities ahead, such as the implementation of the At-Large Review and the ATLAS 3 due next year. APRALO is also due for the revision of its bylaws and integrating individual members, which would require a strong leadership at the helm. 

Considering these aspects, I believe I'm well suited for the position of Chair of APRALO.

I confirm that I will have the time to spare for ICANN and APRALO activities as I have been doing for the last two years. 

Nominations for APRALO Vice-Chair Position (AGM2018 - AGM2020)