• Formatting was changed.

Role Previously Held By

Nominee

Nominated by / Supported By

Date Accepted

Nominee's Statement
Regional Candidate(s) Recommended to the ALAC
ALAC Appointed Delegates to the NomCom

Yrjö Lansipuro  (not eligible for re-selection)

Sandra Hofericher

Sandra Hofericher (self nomination)

supporters:

Yrjö Lansipuro    

Eric Tomson,

Werner Hülsmann,

Wolf Ludwig

Olivier Crepin-Leblond,

Carolin Silbernagl,

Oksana Prykhodko

03 May 2016

I have been at the ALAC for almost 6 years now. I joined at a time when I knew only little about ALAC and ICANN and the learning curve was steep over the last couple of years. I feel it is time for a change and a new EURALO member should take a seat at the ALAC now.

The ALAC itself has also evolved over the years; it has become a much more powerful committee than at the time when I joined. This is the result of the ongoing efforts of some very active members and EURALO (with for instance Olivier as the chair for 4 years) was an key contributor here. We need more of such committed members to keep up this positive development.

I believe my biggest contribution during my term was the establishment of the Academy (which is not yet in the place where it should be) and the Leadership Programme. My intention was always to facilitate the ground for a better exchange between the committees at ICANN, i.e. breaking silos. My experience from EuroDIG and the Summer School (EuroSSIG) where I learned to facilitate a multistakeholder environment was the basis for all my activities.My experience in making selections based on CVs for the Summer School will help to read applications for positions at  ICANN committes.

I would now like to contribute at another place within ICANN and put my name forward to become the next EURALO representative at the NomCom. I believe with the above mentioned background and activities I could take up from there - supporting the ICANN community to become an even better place for an exchange among different actors.

I would kindly like to ask EURALO members for their support.

Yours Sandra

Sandra Hofericher