Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Agenda update - 2

• Co-chair selection: Proposal: Request that Selection Committee add this to their recommendations to be ratified by ALAC
    • Regional representation: What if Selection Committee does not have a candidate to propose for each region?

Items for Discussion

Finance and Budget Sub-Committee - Composition and Next Steps - Alan Greenberg

See FBSC Workspace, including current composition

Proposal:

• For composition of the FBSC, I propose the following:
    •  two members per region, one from the ALAC and one a RALO leader
    •  the RALO leader (either the Chair, a Vice-chair or Secretariat would be the person in the RALO responsible for overseeing (and filtering) RALO request. Might consider another appointee, but only if given real authority by RALO.
    • Others may participate in "non-voting role"
  • The FBSC will make choices to ensure that what we are submitting is high quality and more likely to get accepted.
  • We will set some guidelines for RALO and overall ALAC requests to try to ensure that the quality is there.
  • In the past, we have largely depended on RALO requests. I think that we may want to partially shift gears and also look at ALAC initiatives.
    • One of these may be a request to expand the work-week, most likely the Saturday before the week, but this will take a lot more discussion.
  • Based on his past experience, I have requested that Tijani stay on the FBSC and play a lead roll.
  • I will chair the SC but preferably NOT represent NARALO.

Items for Discussion

7. ALAC Meeting Schedule and Attendance - Alan Greenberg

Options:

• One time that everyone can "accept" - no one has blackout time (midnight-06:00)
  • One time that everyone can "accept" - no one has blackout time (01:00-05:00)
  • Rotate the pain - middle of night meetings but they rotate

Considerations:

• First options minimize number of people who suffer
  • Last option increases number who suffer, but only sometimes

a. FY16 AC/SO special requests - proposed pilot At-Large program for global indigenous members