Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Nathalie  Peregrine:Welcome to the At-Large Metrics WG call on May 28th 2012.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Agenda page: https://community.icann.org/x/94D_AQ
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi All!
  Yaovi Atohoun:+229 21309691
  Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome Sergio on Spanish
  sergio salinas porto:Hi Gisella, Hi all!
  Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to everyone and thank you for joining today's call
  Cintra Sooknanan:Hello everyone
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi everyone
  Alan Greenberg:I am supposedly on call but can hear nothing. Will try to call in again.
  Heidi Ullrich:The echo now is ok
  Heidi Ullrich:I don't hear it!
  Yaovi Atohoun:my speakers are muted
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:echo back
  Alan Greenberg:Helps to use the right conference ID
  Maureen Hilyard:No echoes for me
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:It is worth noting that in much of continental Europe & in the US today is a holiday.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Correct
  Gisella Gruber-White:For all those attending the ROP call at 1900 UTC, please remain on the ADIGO Audio brigde. Do please change Adobe Connect room.
  Carlton Samuels:Hiya all
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone
  Heidi Ullrich:Summary minutes from 14 May Metrics SC call: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Metrics+14-05-2012+Summary+Minutes+EN
  Maureen Hilyard:Sorry... lost my connection for a sec but back again
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Maureen - I hope you can hear us well
  Maureen Hilyard:Very well thank you
  Cintra Sooknanan:I'm dropped but following on adobe connect
  Gisella Gruber-White:Cintra disconnected - we are calling her back
  Gisella Gruber-White:Tijani has joined the phone bridge
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr 3:Hi Tijani
  Cintra Sooknanan:back on thanks
  Maureen Hilyard:Just a comment from our last meeting minutes for example. Some people may contribute to the discussion on the chat but this is not logged into the minutes. Not sure how this might be captured.
  Gisella Gruber-White:The AC Chat is posted on the meeting page
  Gisella Gruber-White:We will take this up amongst us staff
  Maureen Hilyard:Separately
  Carlton Samuels:We must be clear on 1. What we measure 2. How we measure 3. Impact of measures
  Fatimata:Hi Carlton. Please tell me more about Impact of measure
  Carlton Samuels:I would rather we [quantitatively] embrace only a few hard measures rather than lots of fuzzy ones~!
  Carlton Samuels:@Fatimata: Hi.   What Is important is to know what the measure means and, when we agree what it means, what do we do with it!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Or minimum expectations
  Gisella Gruber-White:Hadja Ouattara has joined the call
  Fatimata:Thanks Carlton.  Are we supposed to say  what we do with it in this group?
  Carlton Samuels:@Alan's earlier: +1  The things we monitor will likely have a greatewr role in our sense of performance than not!
  Carlton Samuels:And this is where the controversy will come
  Carlton Samuels:@Fatimata:  IMHO, yes.  It should be well known before we implement it
  Fatimata:+1
  Heidi Ullrich:All Liaisons are appointed by the ALAC - with the exception of the SSAC liaison which is formally selected by the SSAC and then approved by the Board. The ALAC offers recommendations.
  Carlton Samuels:@CLO on Liaisons: In addition to "high degree of trust'  they MUST be very familiar with the workings of the ALAC..and would have accessed the general thinking and views of the ALAC!
  Maureen Hilyard:I agree that the expectation for a Liaison at an AC meeting,  would have to be much higher than for an ALS at an APRALO meeting, for example. Mandatory expectations for the Liaison, and desirable expectations for an ALS
  Gisella Gruber-White:Yaovi has disconnected - we are trying to connect him again
  Carlton Samuels:@Maureen: +1
  Gisella Gruber-White:Yaovi is back
  Yaovi Atohoun:could not hear yet
  Carlton Samuels:For example, I think Alan is an effective liaison because not only is he a faithful attendee of ALAC meetings, he participates in crafting ALAC Statements, even volunteers to hold the pen sometimes!  He knows it from the ground floor!
  Yaovi Atohoun:I am back . Thanks
  Carlton Samuels:Adopt the SSAC's criteria as our core reqts with a few of ours supernumerary!
  Fatimata:the unmute is not working
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr 3:We csn explore that Carlton
  Carlton Samuels:The principle is: the ALAC has the duty to ensure its envoy takes 'its whip'!  What the SSAC does is their business
  Cintra Sooknanan:I can't hear anything
  Cintra Sooknanan:Roosevelt can you type your point?
  Carlton Samuels:The issue is bandwidth.
  Carlton Samuels:While we should not pre-judge a person's bandwidth, we cannot tie ALAC's hands to make an appointment outsie of ALAC
  Fatimata:And what if the ALAC appointed Liaison is an ALAC member?  If he or she is not doing the right job for ALAC, ...
  Gisella Gruber-White:Please say your name when spekaing
  Yaovi Atohoun:Please ignore my hand up
  Carlton Samuels:@Fatimata: ALAC member and liaison are separate roles.  So I would apply the severability principle here
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr 3:its down now Yaouvi
  Maureen Hilyard:So if we are looking at measuring Liaisons participation.. as Carlton has pointed out.. what are we actually measuring and how?
  Carlton Samuels:Yes
  Roosevelt:A Liaison may be: 1. a member of the at-Large Committee; or 2. a former member of the ALAC; or 3. A person of relevant experience capability.
  Roosevelt:suggested wording of 5.1.
  Roosevelt:A liaison may be appointed from the following:
  Roosevelt:1.. A member of the ALAC ; or
  Carlton Samuels:For the record, I thoroughly disagree with Liaisons being ALAC members only!  Liaisons are required to do a certain job. We have a criteria for it.  What we need are more persons with ability to get the job done!!!  And if I were and ALAC member, my interest would be to get the job done.  Results matter!!
  Roosevelt:2. A Former member of ALAC; or
  Roosevelt:3. A person of relevant experience and capacity.
  Carlton Samuels:Liaisons DONT have to be former ALAC members.  The person best positioned to execute is the perosn to give the task!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr 3:Perfect  pount Alan  and  JUST what I want  to bring into the  ROP's WG  call next...
  Maureen Hilyard:So does that mean that we change the title of the rule? Liaisons and other representative positions?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr 3:EXACTLY  Maureen  and what I want the ROP's WG  to consider...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr 3:we will wrap up here in a moment  and those of you who ALSO  searve on the ROP's WG stay on the phone lines  but switch  to new AC Room please
  Carlton Samuels:For the record, I endorse ALan's comments re the nature of  liaison work and capabilities of the person...they MUST be able to speak on ALAC's behalf BECAUSE they are intimately involved with teh ALAC work so they have a great sense of the tenor in the room!
  Fatimata:I am off
  Carlton Samuels:If you need a mothpiece get yourself a ventroquilist dummy!
  Carlton Samuels:*mouthpiece* only
  Gisella Gruber-White:Please for all ROP members - stay on line
  Gisella Gruber-White:Thank you everyone
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:The RoP AC room : http://icann.adobeconnect.com/rop-wg/
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Take care all
  Fatimata:I am online too