Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

15:34:59 From Yesim Nazlar : Welcome to the ALS Mobilization WP Report Cross-RALO Single Issue Call taking place on Thursday, 12 November 2020 at 13:00 UTC.
15:35:10 From Yesim Nazlar : Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/nAENCQ
15:59:09 From Vanda Scartezini : hi everyone!
16:00:02 From Yaovi Atohoun : Hello everyone
16:02:06 From Alp : Welcome all
16:03:02 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : sorry I keep dropping ... storms overhead effect mz link to the satilite internet connection
16:03:04 From Oksana Prykhodko : hi everyone
16:03:32 From Vanda Scartezini : ok we can wait.
16:04:33 From Laxmi Prasad Yadav : hello everyone
16:04:39 From Gisella Gruber : Welcome to everyone!
16:06:43 From Silvia Vivanco : Hello and welcome everyone
16:07:39 From Vanda Scartezini : certainly will be more discussed in our LACRALO monthly meeting next week
16:11:20 From Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC) : hello all
16:12:48 From Gopal Tadepalli : Greetings. - Dr. T V Gopal, Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, College of Engineering, Guindy Campus, Anna University , Chennai, INDIA.
16:22:15 From Oksana Prykhodko : The best opportunity to reach ALS members - to participate actively in national IGFs, especially Youth National IGFs
16:23:50 From Gopal Tadepalli : How does the proposal of ALS ensure that any "Incident Response" is localized and the connected society facilitates jurisprudence? - Dr. T V Gopal, Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, College of Engineering, Guindy Campus, Anna University , Chennai, INDIA.
16:26:04 From Gopal Tadepalli : As our learned audience would appreciate, any assertion in "Incident Response" can be automatically annulled with sheer passage of time say 20 years. - Dr. T V Gopal, Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, College of Engineering, Guindy Campus, Anna University , Chennai, INDIA.
16:37:07 From David Mackey : maybe … The ALAC [consults] with the At-Large Community which is the primary …
16:38:31 From Vanda Scartezini : those terms generate a lot of difficulty once translated to other languages
16:38:40 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : I am sure a word will be found @David let's put that one on the list for consideration
16:39:35 From David Mackey : It would be nice to find something that avoids the implication of hierarchy between ALAC and the At-Large community
16:44:20 From Vanda Scartezini : indeed a long process
16:45:15 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : hopefully a worthy one @Vanda
16:46:35 From Vanda Scartezini : will be certainly. my personal ALS will need to adjust it, but my lawyers is organizing it.
16:46:58 From Vanda Scartezini : my lawyers ( not more than one)
16:47:06 From Oksana Prykhodko : It's only about ALS responsibilities, but what about the role of ALAC leadership? To participate in national IGFs, other national and regional events, to communicate with ALS members
16:48:17 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Oksana that would be well outside this Work Parties remit
16:51:21 From Yrjo Lansipuro : Networking within the local internet Multistakeholder community was discusses. It was not seen as an obligation, but it is mentioned there as a suggestion, up to the ALS to do or not to do.
16:51:52 From Oksana Prykhodko : OK, thank you!
16:57:05 From Roberto : For instance, I have been an international civil servant - something that is like government, but for international organizations - for 13 years. I have been not only in ALAC, selected by NomCom, but on the ICANN Board. The statement I made was that I was not in a policy making position in the UN and that I was participating in ICANN activities in my own personal capacity
16:57:37 From Roberto : That was considered sufficient by General Counsel
16:58:20 From Vanda Scartezini : thanks roberto. we have sema rule here in LACRALO.
16:58:44 From Oksana Prykhodko : @Alan thank you very much! It can be not only IGF, it's about involvement of ALAC leadership
16:59:03 From Oksana Prykhodko : @Cheryl, absolutely, thank you!
16:59:37 From Vanda Scartezini : Gopal has his hand raised but do not know if it is an old one
17:01:19 From Gopal Tadepalli : We wish that there are many thriving online communities all over the world. ALS of ICANN is one such. They begin with a small handful of members, see a sudden rise in active members as word spreads, before plateauing in the maturity phase. Many have a "Big Launch" and then nothing happens. A good number of them are non - starters. What are the chances for a "Big Panic" to happen due to sudden wake-up or realization ? - Dr. T V Gopal, Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, College of Engineering, Guindy Campus, Anna University , Chennai, INDIA.
17:02:15 From David Mackey : It’s interesting to contrast the “union” that comes out of ALS organizations vs. the voice of a single end user. Something to think about.
17:02:57 From Satish Babu : Thanks Alan!
17:04:35 From David Mackey : “fallout” or “clarity”
17:05:10 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : we may see a transition of some people fromALS (inactive) to active Idividual members
17:05:15 From Vanda Scartezini : ALS make different kind of activities- for instance, mine worked with girls in difficult situation during this lockdown and it was nothing related to ICANN or internet, was about surviving with dignity… so several members on my ALS were involved like Sylvia Leite, Lilian and with the regional division here they split to be part of their own ALS even they still members of mine… due the rules for be candidate / rotation that will not allow them to run for any position if under mine ALS… each RALo has their own special conditions to adjust…
17:05:18 From David Mackey : +1 CLO
17:07:32 From Vanda Scartezini : + 1 CLO probably this will be real in some region… we here in LACRALO still debating how we will deal with individuals….
17:08:54 From Vanda Scartezini : very good presentation ALAN. last session I have attended but was so interrupted that i needed to attend again.
17:09:07 From David Mackey : @Vanda hopefully LACRALO will consider how the At-Large mandate and mobilization are improved in your discussions
17:09:16 From Satish Babu : Thanks Alan, noted.
17:09:25 From David Mackey : ++++1 CLO, well done Alan
17:09:39 From Vanda Scartezini : David, next Monday we will certainly discuss this in our monthly meeting
17:09:51 From Yaovi Atohoun : Thank you Alan
17:10:09 From David Mackey : Good luck @Vanda :-)
17:10:09 From Gopal Tadepalli : Thank You Dr. Alan Greenberg. The report is very useful for me. I am leaving now. - Dr. T V Gopal, Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, College of Engineering, Guindy Campus, Anna University , Chennai, INDIA.
17:10:21 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : _=)
17:10:23 From John More : excellent work.
17:10:38 From Yaovi Atohoun : bye
17:10:38 From Vanda Scartezini : good week to all
17:10:39 From Heidi Ullrich : Thanks, All.
17:10:41 From Amir Qayyum : Bye bye.
17:10:43 From Heidi Ullrich : Thanks, Alan!
17:10:43 From Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC) : bye
17:10:49 From Roberto : Bye
17:10:49 From Oksana Prykhodko : thank you, bye!