The Portfolio Management Tool (PMT) is an effort by GNSO support staff to compile those activities that are acknowledged to be within the GNSO Council's scope of work as it relates to the FY21-FY25 Strategic Plan. The tool covers the GNSO Council's projects and ongoing activities, categorized by similar project related topics or policy issues and is updated monthly. The tasks within each project are listed at a very high-level and largely depend on more specific plans made at the project level as inputs to better inform the program. This tool is a primary input to the Council's Action Decision Radar (ADR). Both are intended to provide the Council with data and forecasts to allow the Council to manage the GNSO's policy work and its planning and prioritization activities more effectively.
IMPORTANT LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS ABOUT THE PMT:
- The PMT does not presuppose outcomes or decisions, but it does assume the greatest (optimal) amount of possible activity. For example, if a PDP is launched, the PMT will log the duration of the working group, time for Council to adopt, time for the Board to adopt, and an Implementation Review team.
- Projected timelines, duration and completion dates are based on prior or analogous experience; they do not necessarily reflect all dependencies that may be identified throughout a project lifecycle and cannot be read as commitments to specific timelines or delivery time frames.
- The PMT does not account for unplanned activities, externalities or other circumstances that may require rescheduling or other reactive project-related decisions.
- Project tasks and duration within each project or ongoing activity are considered in isolation.
- The PMT is generated based on current available information, to the maximum extent feasible; it is not a comprehensive record of all information relating to a specific project or activity.
- The PMT is not a prioritization tool.
- It is also not a resource and capacity planning tool.
|Council Year 2021-2022|
|25 Aug 2022||TBD|
|21 Jul 2022||Portfolio_Management_Tool_20220721.pdf|
|15 Jun 2022||Portfolio_Management_Tool_20220615.pdf|
|19 May 2022||Portfolio_Management_Tool_20220519.pdf|
|14 Apr 2022||Portfolio_Management_Tool_20220414.pdf|
|09 Mar 2022||Portfolio_Management_Tool_20220309.pdf|
|17 Feb 2022||Portfolio_Management_Tool_20220217.pdf|
|20 Jan 2022||Portfolio_Management_Tool_20220120.pdf|
|16 Dec 2021||Portfolio_Management_Tool_20211216.pdf|
|18 Nov 2021||Portfolio_Management_Tool_20111118.pdf|
|Council Year 2020-2021|
|27 Oct 2021||GNSO_Council_Portfolio_Management_Tool_FY21-FY25_20211027.pdf|
|23 Sep 2021||GNSO_Council_Portfolio_Management_Tool_FY21-FY25_20210923.pdf|
|19 Aug 2021||GNSO_Council_Portfolio_Management_Tool_FY21-FY25_20210819.pdf|
|22 Jul 2021||GNSO_Council_Program_Management_Tool_20210616.pdf|
|16 Jun 2021||GNSO_Council_Program_Management_Tool_20210520.pdf|
|20 May 2021|
MPP: Sunset - now using Smartsheets
|22 Apr 2021|
|24 Mar 2021|
|18 Feb 2021|
|21 Jan 2021|
|17 Dec 2020|
|19 Nov 2020|
|21 Oct 2020|
|24 Sep 2020|
|20 Aug 2020|
|23 July 2020|