02:33:42    Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org:  Hello, my name is Yesim Saglam and I will be monitoring this chat room and the Q&A pod.  In this role, I am the voice for remote participants.  Please note that questions or comments will only be read aloud if submitted within the Q&A pod. I will read them aloud during the time set by the Chair or Moderator of this session.  Questions and comments placed in chat will be considered part of the “chat” and will not be read out loud on the microphone.  If you wish to speak during this session, raise your hand in Zoom or queue at the aisle microphone as directed.Please note that chat sessions are being archived and are governed by the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: http://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/accountability/expected-standards
02:34:01    Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Welcome to the At-Large Collaboration in the New gTLD Program for Outreach and Engagement session
02:34:18    Natálie Terčová: Reacted to "Welcome to the At-La…" with 
02:36:48    Dave Kissoondoyal - ICANN AFRALO:   Hello everyone. Greetings from Mauritius
02:39:06    Fatimata Seye Sylla:    Reacted to "Welcome to the At-La..." with 
02:41:26    Elias Z.Mane:   Hello everyone, Elias Mane is my name and I am joining from Ghana. A a proud Fellow of the Ghana School on Internet Governance. I am here today to learn from this community, and I look forward to it. thank you
02:42:16    Vikas Saraswat: Reacted to "Hello everyone. Gree..." with 
02:47:19    Godsway Kubi:   Greetings to everyone, I am Godsway Kubi joining  from Ghana.
It is a great time to connect with you here for a common goal and networking. I am ever ready to learn, contribute and network with as many as possible.
Connect with me via https://www.linkedin.com/in/godsway-kubi-3bb5aa191
02:47:54    Natalia Filina: Reacted to "Greetings to everyon..." with 
02:50:14    gisella.gruber: Reacted to "Greetings to everyon..." with 
02:50:19    gisella.gruber: Reacted to "Hello everyone, Elia..." with 
02:50:41    Abdulrahman Abotaleb:   Greetings from Yemen, Abdulrahman Abotaleb.
02:51:55    David-Irving TAYER: Hello everyone, greetings from Monaco
02:52:40    gisella.gruber: Welcome to all our online participants!
02:52:57    Fatimata Seye Sylla:    Reacted to "Welcome to all our o..." with 
02:53:04    Godsway Kubi:   Reacted to "Welcome to all our o..." with 
02:53:06    ErikGQ: Hi, I’m Erik Gordon-Quaicoe joining from Ghana.
I am here to learn, contribute and network.
02:53:55    Elias Z.Mane:   Reacted to "Welcome to all our o..." with 
02:55:38    David-Irving TAYER: Reacted to "Welcome to all our o..." with 
02:57:08    Natálie Terčová: Reacted to "Welcome to all our o…" with 
02:57:39    Natálie Terčová: Replying to "Welcome to all our o…"
Greetings from Czechia 
02:58:40    gisella.gruber: Reacted to "Greetings from Czech..." with 
03:00:12    Elias Z.Mane:   Replying to "Welcome to all our o..."
thank you @gisella.gruber
03:00:25    Aaron Promise Mbah: Hello everyone this is Aaron from Nigeria
03:01:29    Bill Jouris:    So, following on Bukola's comment, perhaps the proper metric is not how many ASP *applications* we got, but how many ASP *applicants* there were.
03:03:03    Elias Z.Mane:   Reacted to "Greetings to everyon..." with 
03:03:40    Mgolozi Peresi: Hello everyone! I'm Peresi from Tanzania excited to be here. If you'd like to connect, you can find me on X at @peres_mgolozi. Please also check out and engage with my latest post: https://x.com/peres_mgolozi/status/1800433105490374946. Looking forward to engaging with you all!
03:04:09    Justine Chew:   Replying to "So, following on Buk..."
For the next round, they are one and the same.
03:05:16    Phil Buckingham:    very very good point . ICANN will assist applicants  in developing a business plan …. to make a success of the applications
03:05:33    Elias Z.Mane:   Reacted to "very very good point..." with 
03:06:21    Mgolozi Peresi: Reacted to "very very good poi..." with 
03:07:27    Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Replying to "very very good point..."
and that needs to happen as *early as possible* in the windows for ASP and the next round...
03:09:26    Godsway Kubi:   Reacted to "very very good point..." with 
03:18:35    Amrita Choudhury:   We at APRALO would be happy to work with the GSE for Outreach and Engagement. But like our other O&Es activities it will be jointly planned so that the RALOs  strengths  at the community level can be well utilised
03:18:47    Bob Ochieng - ICANN Org:    Reacted to "We at APRALO would b..." with 
03:19:03    Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Reacted to "We at APRALO would b..." with 
03:19:32    Justine Chew:   We are going into the second round of New gTLDs, not sure pilot would be applicable, maybe case studies?
03:19:49    Amrita Choudhury:   Reacted to "We are going into th..." with 
03:19:53    Mgolozi Peresi: Reacted to "We at APRALO would..." with 
03:21:05    Bob Ochieng - ICANN Org:    Reacted to "We are going into th..." with 
03:22:18    Mgolozi Peresi: Replying to "We at APRALO would..."
Thank you for your offer! We at Ravens Consulting (www.ravensconsulting.co.tz) are excited about the opportunity to collaborate with APRALO and the GSE on Outreach and Engagement. Jointly planning these activities will indeed allow us to leverage the RALOs' strengths at the community level. We look forward to working together to make a positive impact.
03:22:30    Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Reacted to "We are going into th..." with 
03:23:02    Justine Chew:   The Board has indicated that they have very recently resolved some matters to the do with the Next Round including adopting Supplementary Recommendation 17.2 on ASP non-financial resources, and the ASP Fund. We are looking forward to reading the Board report and rationale for their resolutions.
03:23:55    Elias Z.Mane:   Reacted to "Welcome to the At-La..." with 
03:23:56    ABDUL-RAFIU FUSEINI:    My name is Abdul-Rafiu Fuseini I am from Ghana, This is my first ICANN meeting and I am happy to be here. I am a 2024 GhanaSIG fellow-in-training
03:24:28    Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Replying to "My name is Abdul-Raf..."
Welcome
03:24:55    Amrita Choudhury:   Reacted to "My name is Abdul-Raf..." with 
03:26:15    Mgolozi Peresi: Reacted to "We are going into ..." with 
03:26:32    Aaron Promise Mbah: Reacted to "My name is Abdul-Raf..." with 
03:26:51    Fatimata Seye Sylla:    Thank you Aziz!  If we don't see the positive impact of the New gTLD on communities (digital inclusion), private sector (business opportunities), governments, it would be difficult to adopt the New gTLD....
03:27:22    Natalia Filina: Reacted to "My name is Abdul-Raf..." with 
03:28:58    Fatimata Seye Sylla:    We need a special approach to developing countries like Africa
03:29:55    Mgolozi Peresi: Replying to "The Board has indi..."
Thank you for the update. It's encouraging to hear that the Board has resolved some matters regarding the Next Round and adopted Supplementary Recommendation 17.2 on ASP non-financial resources and the ASP Fund. We look forward to reading the Board report and understanding the rationale behind these resolutions.
03:30:14    ABDUL-RAFIU FUSEINI:    Reacted to My name is Abdul-Raf... with 
03:30:26    Paulo Milliet Roque:    I would recommend we aggressively market to potential candidates the BENEFITS of buying a new gTLDs. I`ve been talking with entities and big companies that don’t have a clue about the subject and why they should consider it.
03:30:46    ABDUL-RAFIU FUSEINI:    Replying to "My name is Abdul-Raf..." 
 Thank you
03:31:03    Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Reacted to "I would recommend we..." with 
03:32:17    Chokri Ben Romdhane:    I think with a new DNS technologies The DNS market in Africa have more chance to evolve and escape from some registry Monopol
03:32:49    Fatimata Seye Sylla:    Reacted to "I would recommend we..." with 
03:35:14    Bob Ochieng - ICANN Org:    And rember that the Handbooks provide the detailed criterias and detailed rules especially for RSP and ASP
03:35:56    Kristy Buckley - ICANN Org: @Tijani BEN JEMAA nice to see you online. It was a bit hard for me to hear your intervention but in case helpful, I’m sharing the links to the ASP budget information we shared with the ASP-IRT in Meeting #15: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=322994305 which indicates a $10-16 million range for the ASP budget.
03:36:06    Justine Chew:   I will volunteer to be a speaker on the New gTLD Program and the Applicant Support Program :)
03:36:23    Bob Ochieng - ICANN Org:    Reacted to "I will volunteer to ..." with 
03:36:30    Natalia Filina: Replying to "I will volunteer to ..."
+1 to you Justine-)
03:36:41    Kristy Buckley - ICANN Org: Reacted to "I will volunteer to ..." with 
03:36:46    Paulo Milliet Roque:    Reacted to "I would recommend we..." with 
03:36:56    Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Reacted to "I will volunteer to ..." with 
03:37:01    Cristina Arrieta:   Reacted to "I will volunteer to ..." with 
03:37:06    Kristy Buckley - ICANN Org: Replying to "I will volunteer to ..."
Thank you, Justine that would be wonderful
03:37:33    Kristy Buckley - ICANN Org: Replying to "@Tijani BEN JEMAA ni..."
We also presented to the GAC yesterday regarding the ASP Funding Plan and Outreach and Engagement Plan: https://icann80.sched.com/event/1dr3S/gac-discussion-new-gtld-program-next-round
03:37:34    Amrita Choudhury:   Reacted to "I will volunteer to ..." with 
03:37:34    Claire Craig:   Reacted to "I will volunteer to ..." with 
03:37:56    Elias Z.Mane:   Reacted to "I will volunteer to ..." with 
03:38:03    Justine Chew:   Replying to "I will volunteer to ..."
Speaking engagements externally. Also building capacity for RALOs.
03:40:15    Justine Chew:   +1000% Jonathan
03:40:30    Bill Jouris:    Reacted to "+1000% Jonathan" with 
03:40:38    Dr. Jabhera Matogoro:   I think to be fear more efforts is required to make sure Africa has an active participation to next round. Otherwise, I see it similar to that of 2012 phase.
03:40:42    Kristy Buckley - ICANN Org: It would also be helpful to hear what kind of materials would be helpful for you to have in raising awareness with your own networks.
03:41:38    Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Replying to "It would also be hel..."
A campaign playbook
03:41:46    Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Replying to "It would also be hel..."
including media
03:43:46    Raihanath GBADAMASSI - ALAC/AFRALO: Reacted to "including media" with 
03:44:21    Godsway Kubi:   Interesting discussions
03:45:11    Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Wise words @JZ
03:47:08    ABDUL-RAFIU FUSEINI:    Enjoying the discussion right now.
03:47:28    Chokri Ben Romdhane:    Reacted to "Enjoying the discuss..." with 
03:49:30    Natalia Filina: It is important to note that we are communicate and being in dialogue not with our ALS, but with broader community. That our power for any Outreach efforts - broader field for spreading the information
03:49:45    Justine Chew:   Yes @Amrita Choudhury, At-Large needs to build regional plans with their respective GSE.
03:50:42    Bukola Oronti:  Replying to "Yes @Amrita Choudhur..."
@Justine Chew do you mean the RALOs or AtLarge as a whole?
03:50:54    Justine Chew:   @Satish Babu I think they did, that's why the 10 countries were identified, whether correctly or not.
03:51:12    Justine Chew:   Replying to "Yes @Amrita Choudhur..."
Both if needs be
03:51:39    Bukola Oronti:  Replying to "Yes @Amrita Choudhur..."
Okay, I agree.
03:51:48    Bukola Oronti:  Reacted to "Both if needs be" with 
03:52:08    Paulo Milliet Roque:    I would be happy to collaborate
03:52:32    Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Reacted to "I would be happy to ..." with 
03:52:49    Kristy Buckley - ICANN Org: Reacted to "I would be happy to ..." with 
03:52:49    Chokri Ben Romdhane:    Reacted to "We need a special ap..." with 
03:53:01    Bob Ochieng - ICANN Org:    All these content under development will he here: https://newgtldprogram.icann.org/en
03:53:12    Amrita Choudhury:   Reacted to "All these content un..." with 
03:53:16    Elias Z.Mane:   Reacted to "All these content un..." with 
03:53:24    Aris Ignacio:   A good way to look on how the community can contribute is looking at on how UA Days were being done by ALSes, these kind of programs can be a springboard of. promoting the next round..
03:53:53    Fatimata Seye Sylla:    Reacted to "A good way to look o..." with 
03:53:53    Aris Ignacio:   Reacted to All these content un... with
03:54:03    Amrita Choudhury:   Reacted to "A good way to look o..." with 
03:54:22    Heidi Ullrich - ICANN Org:  Reacted to "A good way to look o..." with 
03:54:24    Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Reacted to "All these content un..." with 
03:54:39    Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Good session THANK you to all involved...  Bye for now then...
03:54:46    Aris Ignacio:   Reacted to Good session THANK y... with 
03:54:52    Amrita Choudhury:   Reacted to "Good session THANK y..." with 
03:55:04    Elias Z.Mane:   Reacted to "A good way to look o..." with 
03:55:17    Natalia Filina: thank you! good start!
03:55:27    Bill Jouris:    Reacted to "Good session THANK y..." with 
03:55:37    Fatimata Seye Sylla:    Thank you Bob and Sally
03:55:39    Kristy Buckley - ICANN Org: Reacted to "A good way to look o..." with 
03:56:17    Kristy Buckley - ICANN Org: Many thanks all for your enthusiasm and commitment to these efforts, much appreciated.
03:56:44    Allan Magezi:   Thank you Jonathan
03:56:48    Aris Ignacio:   Thank you Bob and Sally.. and to everyone, great session!
03:56:52    Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org:  Thank you all for joining. This meeting is now adjourned.

• No labels