08:42:40 From Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Hello, my name is Yeşim Sağlam and I will be monitoring this chat room. In this role, I am the voice for the remote participants.  Please note that I will read aloud comments/questions submitted in English within the time set by the Chair of this session.

When submitting a question or comment that you want me to read out loud on the mic,  please start with a <QUESTION> and end with a “</QUESTION>” or <COMMENT> </COMMENT>. Text outside these quotes will be considered as part of “chat” and will not be read out loud on the microphone.

To listen to the interpretation, please click on the interpretation icon in the Zoom toolbar and select the language you will listen to and/or speak during this session.
08:42:59 From Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    This session also includes automated real time transcription.  By clicking on the “closed caption” button in the Zoom toolbar you can view the real time transcription.  This transcript is not official or authoritative.

As requested verbally, please rename your sign-in name with your full name.  If you do not use your full name (e.g. First Name + Last Name/Surname), you may be removed from this session.

Please note that chat sessions are being archived and are governed by the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: http://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/accountability/expected-standards.
08:59:01 From Michel TCHONANG CMR To Everyone:
    Salutations du Cameroun/Greetings from Cameroon
08:59:19 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    Greetings from Sydney
09:00:39 From Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Hello all
09:00:43 From Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Warm welcome
09:00:52 From Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    We will start momentarily
09:02:02 From Michel TCHONANG CMR To Everyone:
    ok thanks Silvia
09:06:26 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    Great to hear and see you there Ricardo
09:07:55 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    But Kim is also lovely
09:10:26 From gisella.gruber To Everyone:
    Hello, my name is Yeşim Sağlam and I will be monitoring this chat room. In this role, I am the voice for the remote participants.  Please note that I will read aloud comments/questions submitted in English within the time set by the Chair of this session.

When submitting a question or comment that you want me to read out loud on the mic,  please start with a <QUESTION> and end with a “</QUESTION>” or <COMMENT> </COMMENT>. Text outside these quotes will be considered as part of “chat” and will not be read out loud on the microphone.

To listen to the interpretation, please click on the interpretation icon in the Zoom toolbar and select the language you will listen to and/or speak during this session.
09:10:37 From gisella.gruber To Everyone:
    This session also includes automated real time transcription.  By clicking on the “closed caption” button in the Zoom toolbar you can view the real time transcription.  This transcript is not official or authoritative.

As requested verbally, please rename your sign-in name with your full name.  If you do not use your full name (e.g. First Name + Last Name/Surname), you may be removed from this session.

Please note that chat sessions are being archived and are governed by the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: http://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/accountability/expected-standards.
09:18:52 From Victoria Yang - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    SFICR = supplemental fund for implementing community recommendations.
09:19:20 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    Thanks Victoria
09:19:36 From Alfredo Calderon To Everyone:
    Replying to "SFICR = supplemental..."

Thank you for reminding us.
09:19:41 From Victoria Yang - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Here is the link to the wiki page with more information: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=186783224
09:20:42 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    Thee is also brief discussion on the ALAC aspects of commenting on the budgets and planning
09:23:58 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    Thanks Jonathan. - and yes,  @ Victoria - will this be covered in the Planing presentation?
09:24:39 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    Also - what about the grants program - the special fund arising from the new gTLDs?
09:26:02 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    Clearly will be discussed in the next OFB WG - Victoria - an item for Planning
09:26:54 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr To Everyone:
    Reacted to "Clearly will be disc..." with 
09:27:09 From Victoria Yang - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Holly, this is noted and we will collaborate with the Policy team to attend and engage on this topic.
09:27:13 From Natalia Filina To Everyone:
    +1 to Judith
09:27:27 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    Thanks Victoria - much apprecciated
09:28:30 From Marita Moll To Everyone:
    +1 JZ -- easier can't be that bad. We just need to have a clear understanding of how it works as it applies to the budget year
09:28:36 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr To Everyone:
    Reacted to "+1 JZ -- easier can'..." with 
09:29:11 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    As long as application opportunities continue its good. Only thing we need is more details and that the process should beeasy.
09:29:35 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    *new process
09:29:55 From Victoria Yang - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    SFICR is for implementing the community recommendations, such as review recommendations
09:30:23 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    @ Olivier  and Vitoria - this will be discussed at the next OFB Wg - could we please leave time for the Planning presentation.
09:31:16 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    Yes, thanks Jonathan
09:34:22 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    This now reflects the merger if ICANN and PTI budgets - so need to check if this is reflected on the OFB WG page
09:35:36 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    As Ricardo said - again - it’s a challenge to look at both budgets for ALAC
09:37:15 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    @ Silvia - could this slide on dates be put on the OFB WG page - thanks
09:37:39 From Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    @Holly Raiche yes for sure
09:38:07 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    Thanks Silvia
09:39:25 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr To Everyone:
    Yes we will need to ensure our OFBWG calls interleave with those dates appropriately...
09:40:27 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    @ Jonathan/OCL - maybe a joint approach of CPWG and OFB WG - for strategic planning?
09:42:40 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    @ Silvia - maybe this page as well??
09:43:01 From Marita Moll To Everyone:
    Some of us have already participated in the 5 year strat. planning exercise. I encourage everyone to do it.
09:43:25 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    Thanks Marita
09:43:46 From Silvia Vivanco - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Replying to "@ Silvia - maybe thi..."

Yes will add it to the wiki page
09:43:56 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr To Everyone:
    Replying to "@ Silvia - maybe thi..."

Thx
09:44:48 From Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond To Everyone:
    Reacted to "@ Jonathan/OCL - may..." with 
09:46:43 From Judith Hellerstein To Everyone:
    @Holly Raiche  actually I think we need to change type name of the OFB to Planning and Operations policy Working Group to more emphasize that we are working on strategic planning and operations policy work
09:47:00 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    Thank you  for the presentation Virginia - maybe put material on line as well?
09:47:49 From Victoria Yang - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Yes, I will make sure we share the materials with the group.
09:48:24 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr To Everyone:
    Reacted to "Yes, I will make sur..." with 
09:49:17 From Victoria Yang - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Thank you Marita. Yes, please stop by on Tue or join us online. This will be a fun session with posters and flip chart, we look forward to seeing many of you there (in person and online).
09:49:27 From Alfredo Calderon To Everyone:
    @Victoria Yang - ICANN Org Will the SCIFR initiative be covered as part of the 5-year strategic plan? Although I understand  that the 5-year plan will make a clerical distinction with the guideline for each budget items.
09:49:53 From Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond To Everyone:
    Interesting planning process BUT it appears to have more in common with building a Basilica than with running a nimble not for profit organisation. What I mean is that a 3 year cycle to produce a 5 year plan seems to be very long indeed. With most of us on 3 year election cycles, that's a complete election cycle for strategy with little chance of still being around when Strategic Plan actually gets implemented...
09:50:17 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    Reacted to "Interesting planning..." with 
09:50:56 From gisella.gruber To Everyone:
    Strategic Planning session referred to on Tuesday: https://icann78.sched.com/event/1T4IX/calling-for-input-to-the-fy26-30-strategic-plan-development-1-of-2
09:51:04 From Ricardo Holmquist To Everyone:
    thank you for posting your question here Alfredo.
09:51:13 From Dave Kissoondoyal - ICANN ALAC To Everyone:
    Reacted to "Strategic Planning s..." with 
09:51:17 From gisella.gruber To Everyone:
    https://icann78.sched.com/event/1T7yF/calling-for-input-to-the-fy26-30-strategic-plan-development-2-of-2
09:51:33 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    @ Gisella - what time (in UTC) is the planning session?
09:51:45 From Alfredo Calderon To Everyone:
    Replying to "@Victoria Yang - ICA..."

clerical = clear
09:53:17 From Judith Hellerstein To Everyone:
    Replying to "@ Gisella - what tim…"
    @Holly Raiche itis 7-10am utc
09:53:48 From gisella.gruber To Everyone:
    Replying to "@ Gisella - what tim..."

Thank you Judith :-)
09:54:02 From Victoria Yang - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Olivier, your point is noted. We try to improve our process on the ongoing basis. E.g. the development of the FY21-25 Strategic plan and operating plan involved 3 public comment proceeding and lasted 2.5 years in total. This upcoming process is scheduled with 1 public comment proceeding with 19 months. We are hoping to executed on schedule which will result in significant improvement in terms of workload for community and the planning duration.
09:55:02 From Victoria Yang - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Replying to "@ Gisella - what tim..."

The session is 3 hours with a 30 min break. So, it’s from 9 - 12:30. Part 1 is 9-10, then part 2 is 1030 - 1230, all local time. Stop by at anytime.
09:55:23 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    Thanks Judith
09:56:18 From Judith Hellerstein To Everyone:
    Replying to "@ Gisella - what tim…"
    So @Holly Raiche it is 7-8 UTC then a 30 minute Break and then 8:30-10:30 UTC
09:56:38 From Victoria Yang - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Reacted to "So @Holly Raiche it ..." with 
09:57:17 From Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond To Everyone:
    I appreciate that you are making sure that the community is involved and that community input is taken into account. This is a great process. But I hope that the periods in between are speeded up, so the process is accelerated to last 2 years.
09:58:07 From Victoria Yang - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Reacted to "I appreciate that yo..." with 
09:59:46 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr To Everyone:
    Reacted to "I appreciate that yo..." with 
10:00:22 From Marilia Hirano - IANA To Everyone:
    If you are interested in reviewing and commenting on the draft algorithm rollover study, public comment is here: https://www.icann.org/en/announcements/details/icann-seeks-input-draft-report-of-the-root-zone-dnssec-algorithm-rollover-study-19-10-2023-en
10:00:37 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    Thank you for  the line Marilia
10:01:20 From Alfredo Calderon To Everyone:
    Reacted to "If you are intereste..." with 
10:01:31 From Michael Palage To Everyone:
    Question to IANA regarding budgetary priorities.  How is IANA allocating resources (currently and in the future) to handle the AFRINIC litigation and its broader impact on the RIR community?
10:02:34 From iPhone Vanda Abes To Everyone:
    Thank you Marília is what I would like to see in technical improvement
10:04:26 From Victoria Yang - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Please share the sessions information with your stakeholder groups, this is a great opportunity to take an active role to participate in the development of the next five year strategic plan. The session is designed like a “gallery walk”, with posters available in the conference room for your participation. Thank you.
10:04:39 From Victoria Yang - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Reacted to "Thank you Marília is..." with 
10:08:14 From Michael Palage To Everyone:
    @IANA - excellent idea to implement WebAuthn Passkeys - Does Ash have an ETA for passkey implementation for the broader ICANN community?
10:09:25 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr To Everyone:
    ALAC  *could* lead by example
10:10:10 From Michel TCHONANG CMR To Everyone:
    Merci à toute l'équipe pour cette belle réunion
10:10:18 From Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Thank you all for your participation. This meeting is now adjourned.
10:10:18 From Victoria Yang - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Michael, your questions are noted
10:10:20 From Holly Raiche To Everyone:
    ThanksRicardo
10:10:21 From Dave Kissoondoyal - ICANN ALAC To Everyone:
    thanks all

• No labels