13:06:07 From Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Hello, my name is Yeşim Sağlam and I will be monitoring this chat room. In this role, I am the voice for the remote participants.  Please note that I will read aloud comments/questions submitted in English within the time set by the Chair of this session.

When submitting a question or comment that you want me to read out loud on the mic,  please start with a <QUESTION> and end with a “</QUESTION>” or <COMMENT> </COMMENT>. Text outside these quotes will be considered as part of “chat” and will not be read out loud on the microphone.

To listen to the interpretation, please click on the interpretation icon in the Zoom toolbar and select the language you will listen to and/or speak during this session.
13:06:15 From Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    This session also includes automated real time transcription.  By clicking on the “closed caption” button in the Zoom toolbar you can view the real time transcription.  This transcript is not official or authoritative.

As requested verbally, please rename your sign-in name with your full name.  If you do not use your full name (e.g. First Name + Last Name/Surname), you may be removed from this session.

Please note that chat sessions are being archived and are governed by the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: http://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/accountability/expected-standards.
13:21:51 From Dave Kissoondoyal - ICANN ALAC To Everyone:
    Welcome to everyone
13:22:23 From Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Hello, my name is Yeşim Sağlam and I will be monitoring this chat room. In this role, I am the voice for the remote participants.  Please note that I will read aloud comments/questions submitted in English within the time set by the Chair of this session.

When submitting a question or comment that you want me to read out loud on the mic,  please start with a <QUESTION> and end with a “</QUESTION>” or <COMMENT> </COMMENT>. Text outside these quotes will be considered as part of “chat” and will not be read out loud on the microphone.

To listen to the interpretation, please click on the interpretation icon in the Zoom toolbar and select the language you will listen to and/or speak during this session.
13:22:47 From Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    This session also includes automated real time transcription.  By clicking on the “closed caption” button in the Zoom toolbar you can view the real time transcription.  This transcript is not official or authoritative.

As requested verbally, please rename your sign-in name with your full name.  If you do not use your full name (e.g. First Name + Last Name/Surname), you may be removed from this session.

Please note that chat sessions are being archived and are governed by the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: http://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/accountability/expected-standards.
13:23:36 From Taiwo Peter Akinremi To Everyone:
    Yes please
13:39:14 From Marie Pattullo To Everyone:
    I think we need to be aware of cost/benefit i.e. bandwidth/time for 1, max 5, strings.
13:45:12 From Desiree Miloshevic To Everyone:
    Reacted to "I think we need to b..." with 
13:46:49 From Susan Payne To Everyone:
    Sebastien - I agree.  It is not a given that the accented and non-accented work ARE found to be confusingly similar
13:48:35 From Bill Jouris To Everyone:
    Replying to "Sebastien - I agree...."

Or that, while not visually confusing, are used interchangeably.
13:50:21 From Desiree Miloshevic To Everyone:
    @Justine - point taken. Yet it would be beneficial to her the ALAC’s PoV here for the global audience who joins the zoom session.
13:51:25 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
    <OBSERVATION> Applications, Advantages and Disadvantages of String are well studied towards the machine. Also, policy updates ought to build innate "Upward Compatibility" of principles. - Dr. T V Gopal, Anna University
14:00:08 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
    <OBSERVATION> On why taking strings to the machine is a hazard for say local language support...#1. .Infinite Memory on the Machine but short memory of people, #2. the problem of meaning as it evolves over a span of time #3. Longevity of whatever goes into the machine and people held responsible whenever a concern emerges., - Dr. T V Gopal, Anna University
14:03:40 From Justine Chew To Everyone:
    Replying to "@Justine - point tak..."

Thank you, @Desiree. The ALAC correspondence I mentioned essentially suggests that a study needs to take place to identify/scope the "problem" - the width and breath of if (if any) so that we can properly address ALL the issues (if any).
14:04:08 From PaulMcGrady (NCPH) To Everyone:
    We need a new branding for DUMS too.  
14:04:53 From Justine Chew To Everyone:
    Replying to "@Justine - point tak..."

We also pointed a number of examples which may fall under similar if not same circumstances as .Quebec.
14:15:57 From PaulMcGrady (NCPH) To Everyone:
    Whether or not a registrant is using a privacy/proxy service is an important data point in and of itself.  It doesn't mean the experiment failed.
14:22:57 From Laura Margolis To Everyone:
    good question Olivier
14:23:18 From Laura Margolis To Everyone:
    I was wondering the same
14:26:15 From John McElwaine To Everyone:
    By my count 19 registrars
14:26:37 From Greg DiBiase To Everyone:
    that's right John
14:31:17 From Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Thank you for your participation. This meeting is now adjourned.

• No labels