08:42:49 From Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Hello, my name is Yeşim Sağlam and I will be monitoring this chat room. In this role, I am the voice for the remote participants.  Please note that I will read aloud comments/questions submitted in English within the time set by the Chair of this session.

When submitting a question or comment that you want me to read out loud on the mic,  please start with a <QUESTION> and end with a “</QUESTION>” or <COMMENT> </COMMENT>. Text outside these quotes will be considered as part of “chat” and will not be read out loud on the microphone.

To listen to the interpretation, please click on the interpretation icon in the Zoom toolbar and select the language you will listen to and/or speak during this session.
08:43:00 From Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    This session also includes automated real time transcription.  By clicking on the “closed caption” button in the Zoom toolbar you can view the real time transcription.  This transcript is not official or authoritative.

As requested verbally, please rename your sign-in name with your full name.  If you do not use your full name (e.g. First Name + Last Name/Surname), you may be removed from this session.

Please note that chat sessions are being archived and are governed by the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: http://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/accountability/expected-standards.
08:54:19 From Heidi Ullrich - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Welcome, All. We will begin shortly.
08:58:57 From Heidi Ullrich - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    The meeting schedule for today is at: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Meetings+-+Saturday%2C+21+October+2023
09:08:20 From Linda Mainville To Everyone:
    Greetings from the Ombuds team!
09:08:39 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
    Greetings. - Dr. T V Gopal, Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, College of Engineering, Guindy Campus, Anna University , Chennai, INDIA.
09:08:40 From Maureen Hilyard To Everyone:
    Welcome Linda
09:08:59 From Maureen Hilyard To Everyone:
    Welcome Dr Gopal
09:09:39 From Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Hello, my name is Yeşim Sağlam and I will be monitoring this chat room. In this role, I am the voice for the remote participants.  Please note that I will read aloud comments/questions submitted in English within the time set by the Chair of this session.

When submitting a question or comment that you want me to read out loud on the mic,  please start with a <QUESTION> and end with a “</QUESTION>” or <COMMENT> </COMMENT>. Text outside these quotes will be considered as part of “chat” and will not be read out loud on the microphone.

To listen to the interpretation, please click on the interpretation icon in the Zoom toolbar and select the language you will listen to and/or speak during this session.
09:09:51 From Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    This session also includes automated real time transcription.  By clicking on the “closed caption” button in the Zoom toolbar you can view the real time transcription.  This transcript is not official or authoritative.

As requested verbally, please rename your sign-in name with your full name.  If you do not use your full name (e.g. First Name + Last Name/Surname), you may be removed from this session.

Please note that chat sessions are being archived and are governed by the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: http://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/accountability/expected-standards.
09:13:33 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr To Everyone:
    I am with the ccNSO sponsored cross community workshop on Continuous Improvement Programs so in listen and chat mode here
09:13:54 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr To Everyone:
    Next I will be with the IRT
09:16:39 From Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong To Everyone:
    Hello All happy Saturday and happy to see you in person and online
09:17:01 From Alfredo Calderon To Everyone:
    Good Morning to all!
09:17:42 From Allan Magezi To Everyone:
    Goodmorning everyone
09:20:32 From Juliana Harsianti To Everyone:
    Good morning and afternoon, everyone
09:21:15 From Adrian Carballo To Everyone:
    Very good morning to all!
09:21:29 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr To Everyone:
    Do note the discussions on Continuous Improvement Programs being workshopped now at the other end of the Conference Centre
09:21:39 From Heidi Ullrich - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    The At-Large ICANN78 Talking Points are at: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/16QuE2JZPnPf9V2qsIkwLicpjkxh1tWK4/edit#slide=id.g13a650ba2ec_0_43
09:22:33 From Dave Kissoondoyal - ICANN ALAC To Everyone:
    Reacted to "Do note the discussi..." with 
09:22:40 From Dave Kissoondoyal - ICANN ALAC To Everyone:
    Reacted to "The At-Large ICANN78..." with 
09:28:22 From Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong To Everyone:
    Reacted to "The At-Large ICANN78…" with 
09:28:53 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    Great and relevant points Jonathan on the target audience for the next round and ensuring it is relevant and meaningful
09:29:33 From Maureen Hilyard To Everyone:
    There will be more opportunity to discuss the Applicant Support programme during the CPWG session later in our schedule
09:30:03 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    Reacted to "There will be more o..." with 
09:30:09 From Alfredo Calderon To Everyone:
09:30:16 From Dave Kissoondoyal - ICANN ALAC To Everyone:
09:30:38 From Heidi Ullrich - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    The Session Reports page lists the various policy sessions: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=276430879#Upcoming--1327069860
09:39:20 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr To Everyone:
    Seb has come to the ccNSO Workshop ... I thought he would be still with you at this point apologies
09:44:19 From Heidi Ullrich - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    The Planning Meeting is on Tuesday - https://icann78.sched.com/event/1Sgpu/planning-and-finance-update
09:47:54 From Ricardo Holmquist To Everyone:
    thank you Heidi
09:50:00 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
    <SUGGESTION> "INTERNET COMMONWEALTH" is an idea that can position the future as One Internet One World. - Dr. T V Gopal, Anna University
09:52:21 From Heidi Ullrich - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Time check - 10 mins remaining.
09:59:09 From Prateek To Everyone:
    Happy ICANN Anniversary and ICANN 78!
10:00:45 From Heidi Ullrich - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    ICANN78 Session Reports: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=276430879
10:05:33 From Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    This meeting is now adjourned.

• No labels

1 Comment

1. Excerpted from the meeting Chat:

09:50:00 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
        <SUGGESTION> "INTERNET COMMONWEALTH" is an idea that can position the future as One Internet One World. - Dr. T V Gopal, Anna University

Some Explanatory Notes:

"Wealth of Nations" is so well known a classic written by Adam Smith who was a scottish philosopher and moral philosopher. The idea is fantastic but the economy based on bartering (like in Rousseau's model) has very limited scalability warranting the focus on wealth becoming sysnonymous with money. Emergence of global economic superpowers makes all this a viable model. The british empire was the last such superpower with a vast geographical expanse that is often times expressed as "Sun Never Sets on the British Empire". India's Independence gave the very first proof that there can be "Sun" the british never knew. The process of decentralization was very nicely stabilised by the idea of "Commonwealth". 

Since, who rules the internet is not really known (as we see a possibility of a virtual ruling node), does the idea of "Internet Commonwealth" provide stability tot he multi-stakeholder model that is very nice with technology basis?

• Dr. T V Gopal