Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the Webinar on R3: "Making ICANN Relevant, Responsive and Respected"
  Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/WIBZAg
  Natalia Enciso:Hi Gisella!
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Hello Heidi, Gisella, Matt, Sylvia, I'd like an audio test with you before we start the webinar.
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:And Matt, is there any way you put me among "hosts" (for practical reasons), I did not find the way to do it when signing in.
  IT OPS:i hear you fine JJ
  Maureen Hilyard:hearing you loud and clear JJ
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:good, but for the time being I can't hear anyone. Still coffee time? ;-)
  Maureen Hilyard:I've muted my microphone, Im just listening...
  Maureen Hilyard:and having a coffee (nearly 5am)
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Maureen, yes I see that.
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Staff: start in 4 minutes, so I'd like to see if voice comes my way...
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Matt, what does an asterisk on my microphone mean?
  Juan Manuel Rojas:Hi to all.
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:Hi.
  IT OPS:It means that it is in One Speaker mode
  Murray McKercher:good morning from Sunny Toronto
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@IT OPS: thanks for the indication!
  IT OPS:i disabled this mode, Jean-Jacques, please answer to my private chat.
  alberto soto:Good morning from Buenos Aires
  Roberto Gaetano:Hi all, FYI I have the audio off for the time being, will put it on  later
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Still can't hear anyone...
  Julia Charvolen:Jean Jacques can you conect to ADIGO?
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:I'm going to test a few features. raise hand, mike on...
  Adela Danciu:Hello everybody!
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Julia, no now it's too late, as I have to lead off the webinar...
  Julia Charvolen:we can dial out to you
  Evan Leibovitch:hello everyone
  Gordon Chillcott:Morning, Evan.
  Evan Leibovitch:a little warning. I'm sick with the flu and far from 100%
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:ok dial out please +3395454012
  Keith Drazek:yes, i can hear you
  Murray McKercher:I hear you very well
  Maureen Hilyard:yes confirmed
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:indeed
  Allan Skuce:excellent
  Julia Charvolen:Jean Jacques the number you gave me is not going through
  Julia Charvolen:I have +3395454012 is that right?
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:perhaps a little background music to let us know the system is active
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Julia, it's +33954544012 you see there's an additional 4
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:I'm hearing you on the land line, and can hear Evan.
  Ya:@Evan;  Line not very clear.  Please could you speak a bit slowly?
  Maureen Hilyard:Im not getting any sound...
  Keith Drazek:I'm not hearing anything on the Adobe audio at the moment
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:nor here - silence
  Julia Charvolen:Keith can you join Adigo?
  Maureen Hilyard:Adobe audio is off?
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:faint voice
  Heidi Ullrich:We are checking into the issue
  IT OPS:We are encountering an issue with the link between Adigo & Adobe Connect, so unfortunately, you will have to join Adigo through your phone.
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:i hear that typing clearly
  Keith Drazek:i hear typing.....
  Murray McKercher:i hear typing too
  Sebastien:On Adobe whe have the typing sound
  Ronald Schwaerzler - .wien:i ONLY hear the typing sound
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:type slower
  Keith Drazek:lol
  Heidi Ullrich:Please let us know if you need a dial out
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:this type of sound happens when you get patched to the wrong thing on Adigo.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I have had that in the past
  Murray McKercher:how is everyone on morse code??
  Heidi Ullrich:to dial in, please see: http://www.atlarge.icann.org/teleconference-participation-en
  Sebastien:If Adobe is not working I will drop off. I can't be call where I am :(
  Heidi Ullrich:There will be a recording available.
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:Heigi, it asks for a pin.
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:Adagio, that is.
  Julia Charvolen:1638
  Wolf Ludwig:Sorry for being late!
  Murray McKercher:Heidi..no luck with audio for adobe connect??
  Heidi Ullrich:@Murray, unfortunately it seems to be a technical problem
  Heidi Ullrich:Would you like a dial out?
  Murray McKercher:can you rpovide a number? if so yes
  Maureen Hilyard:That's a shame because I could hear JJ before? Ive sent my dial out details by email, Heidi
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Maureen.
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:Thank you Julia.
  Julia Charvolen:You are welcome Thomas
  Murray McKercher:@heidi thanks i have audio via adigio
  Heidi Ullrich:Great. Good to know, Murray.
  Heidi Ullrich:Apologies for the technical problem.
  alberto soto:Please, call me again at 54 11 4636 0954  ?
  Julia Charvolen:@ Alberto, we are calling you back
  alberto soto: thanks!
  avri:Actually yhere was precious little discussion of relationship with ICANN in WCIT.  That was declared a hands off space and hands were largely left off.
  Murray McKercher:@evan Does ICANN not have a key communications person now on board since Toronto?
  avri:The leaders of ITU and ICANN sung kumbaya together and everything was happy between the organizations..
  Heidi Ullrich:@Murray, yes Sally Costerton is leading the Communications Department
  Heidi Ullrich:Sally's background: http://www.icann.org/en/about/staff/costerton.htm
  avri:i think these are important discussions, but i do not think WCIT is the cause, or even a partial motivation.
  Heidi Ullrich:I'mhappy to do that, Jean-Jacques
  Wolf Ludwig 2:@Avri: :-)))
  Murray McKercher:@heidi i think evean was suggesting that a clearer communications strategy was required from Sally..do we have that strategy yet?
  Heidi Ullrich:@Murray, I believe it is nearly complete. I will check into the status.
  Murray McKercher:@ heidi..thank you
  Heidi Ullrich:The link to the Public Committee on the R3: http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/at-large-r3-white-paper-20nov12-en.htm
  Heidi Ullrich:Comment period closes 2 January
  Ronald Schwaerzler - .wien:bye all - little fun without hearing anything
  Heidi Ullrich:Apologies, Ronald. A recording of the call will be available shortly after the call. We can send it to the AC/SO lists.
  Ronald Schwaerzler - .wien:thanks Heide, don't worry
  Heidi Ullrich:We can also dial out to you.
  Julia Charvolen:Please mut your microphones/phones if you are not speaking, thank you
  Heidi Ullrich:@Garth, the answers are ready.
  Heidi Ullrich:They will be posted today.
  Ya:I am leaving Adobe and will follow the rest of the webinar by phone.Thank you
  Juan Manuel Rojas:Please can call me again?
  Julia Charvolen:we are calling you back
  Juan Manuel Rojas:Thanks. I am back
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:Under "Internet Governance Arrangements" bullet 1 says Make the Board the executive committee of the ICANN community. Can you comment on the need and implications of this recommendation.
  Heidi Ullrich:@Garth, the response to NARALO's questions on Compliance have been posted:https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO/NARALO+Chair+Reports+on+ICANN+Compliance+-+November+2012
  avri:Governments had every opportunity and every invitation to get involved in new gTLDs early.  They decided to wait untilthey could weild their big stick.
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@avri: that's exactly one of the points Evan is making. You're right.
  avri:I testified before every GAC meeting, and extended the invitation frequently.  They even had a liaison with the GNSO at the time and did not use it.
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:yes.
  Paul Diaz (PIR):@Evan, the issue of getting GAC more involved early in policy processes was the focus of ATRT Rec #12.  ICANN claims it was addressed, but that's really open to debate.  I strongly suspect this will be a hot topic for ATRT 2
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:My audio is faulty. See question above.
  Garth Bruen:@JJ I'm deeply troubled someone thinks this paper could "destroy ICANN", is it really that fragile?
  avri:there are some who beleive that all criticsms are life threatening to ICANN
  Heidi Ullrich:@JJS/Evan, please see the question raised by Thomas: Thomas Lowenhaupt: Under "Internet Governance Arrangements" bullet 1 says Make the Board the executive committee of the ICANN community. Can you comment on the need and implications of this recommendation.
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Paul Diaz: yes about ATRT2
  Heidi Ullrich:The Public Comment on the R3 is available at: http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/at-large-r3-white-paper-20nov12-en.htm. The Comment Period closes 2 January.
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:thanks.
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:and thank you Heidi.
  Heidi Ullrich:46th Meeting in Beijing: http://beijing46.icann.org/
  Heidi Ullrich:You're welcome, Thomas.
  Evan Leibovitch:sorry for the coughing. I keep forgetting to mute
  Heidi Ullrich:Monthly Policy Update article on the R3: http://www.icann.org/en/resources/policy/update/update-nov12-en.htm#23
  avri:As a non-author member of the Challenges Working Group, I look forward to the updating of this document..  there were updates that were supposed to have been made a while back that never wee, so it will be good to see the paper brought up to date.
  Silvia Vivanco: Oksana asked staff to place in the chat this question: Did you discuss judicial status of ICANN? Is it (or can it be in future) international organization?
  Roberto Gaetano:the comment period is still open
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Roberto, yes, and I hope folks will use the comment period.
  avri:Thanks for the webinar.  
  Juan Manuel Rojas:Thanks for open this space to all
  alberto soto:thanks !!
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, All.
  Murray McKercher:Signing out..Thanks to Evan and JJ for all their work..
  Adela Danciu:thank you for this instructive presentation!
  Maureen Hilyard:thanks JJ and Evan
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:Thanks all. Evan and Jean-Jacques especially.
  Silvia Vivanco:Thank you good bye!
  Juan Manuel Rojas:Bye to all
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Thank you all.
  Natalia Enciso:thanks ! bye!
  Wolf Ludwig:Thanks to the moderators and good bye.
Evan Leibovitch: Best wishes to everyone for the holidays. And thanks for participating!
  • No labels