October 2014 – SSAC Liaison Report
(as at 28 Oct 14)
1. SSAC MEETINGS. SSAC Meetings were held during the ICANN 51 Meeting in Los Angeles.
2. SSAC WORK PARTIES. Two new Work Parties are commencing following ICANN 51 in Los Angeles:
- New gTLDs: Mid-course correction, Collisions, Timing of next round
- Registrant Protection/Credential Management
Both of these new Work Parties are covering topics that are of significant interest to the ALAC and I have volunteered to serve on both.
3. SSAC REPORTS. One new SSAC Reports has been published during the reporting period:
- SAC068 SSAC Report on the IANA Functions Contract dated 10 October 2014
Both SAC067 (Overview and History of the IANA Functions dated 15 August 2014) and SAC068 are intended as background information to assist the ICANN Community as a whole in its work to develop an IANA Stewardship Transition Proposal. Both reports have been translated into all 5 UN languages. A third report is still being developed by the SSAC covering recommended principles and other considerations for the Transition.