Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the discussion on the FY13 Budget Framework Public Comment
  Gisella Gruber-White:Monday 30 January 2012 at 1600 UTC
  Gisella Gruber-White:The Adobe Connect audio bridge has been enabled
  avri:Thanks for turning on the audio.
  Silvia Vivanco:Hello everyone
  avri:I assume that if we use the adobe only, we can ask questions by typing them?  Or is audio in also enabled?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Audio  has been enabled  yes  Avri
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: but  also type is OK
  avri:thanks Cheryl.
  Gisella Gruber-White:*6 to mute and *7 to unmute
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:I got dropped Gisella.
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Gisella, plz let them call me again
  Gisella Gruber-White:ok we will dial out to you again
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Rinalia and Tijani - we are dialling out to you again
  Gareth Shearman:I was disconnected - back now
  Sivasubramanian M:Gisella, please call me
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Siva  they have been getting  out of ramge  replies
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:still waiting, gisella.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:do you wish to try connecting  from the Audio Bridge IN the AC room?
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:do you hear me on the Audio channel
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:in again.
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:got dropped again. pls call.
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Rinalia- we are calling you again
  Sivasubramanian M:gisella, dont know what is wrong with my network, I have good signal indication on my phone
  Gisella Gruber-White:HHi Siva - we will try again!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:just use the AC room connect Siva  it is usually excellent if you have reasonable bandwidth
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:back in. thanks.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Siva - you can hear the audio through your computer
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Rinalia - we are monitoring your line
  Heidi Ullrich:Public Comment on FY13 Framework: http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/op-budget-fy2013-17jan12-en.htm
  Gisella Gruber-White:Please mute your computer speakers if you are on the audio bridge
  Heidi Ullrich:At-Large Framework for the FY 13 Budget Workspace  -
  Heidi Ullrich:https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Framework+for+the+FY+13+Budget+Workspace
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:I don't see my name on the Adobe connect
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:anitd yet, I'm on
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:You aree up as a Host
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:you are listed under host, Tijani.
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:ok, I see
  Gisella Gruber-White:Tijani is on the audio line
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:On slide 4 - process for SO/ ... additional requests.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:You have a question re that  Thomas?
  Gisella Gruber-White:Please raise your hands for any questions
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:Yes. What is the process and timetable for SO / ACAddt’lRequests?
  Janice Lange:the last day to submit is 31 Jan; there is a template that was provided to the policy liaisons and chairs of each community
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:And what if an interested party is not part of an extant community?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:then it would hardly  be an AC  or SO  request  would it?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:if such a oarty had a request for budget allocation   that is
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:Is there a path for other than AC / SO/
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: to review  them  it is collection of  public  comment  and  each AC/SO  would  use its  public  wikis  etc.,  to allow for inout and comment as well.
  Janice Lange:I would say that your opportunity is in public comment on the framework itself, to suggest certain work to be done and request budget be put to that activity
  avri:do these dollar figures include staff time?
  avri:ie. the staff allocated to compliance activities?
  avri:if so 400K is a rather small amount.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I would have thought  that  staff for that was covered in Core Ops  costs  @Avri  I thought that is what an earlier slide said) although  the  'unless  dedicated to a project'  rider might be ambiguous on this matter  
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Janice/  can you confirm?
  avri:@Cheryl exactly.
  avri:4MUSD for IO, what doe this include.  a staff?  or do they pay to file objections?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:or both?
  Sivasubramanian M:Does the budget go into the break up details of how the implementation outlays for example the proportion to be spent on external consultants and legal services?
  Janice Lange:Avri - I was on another text so apologies for delay but there is no staff time within project $'s
  Janice Lange:It is in core
  avri:@Janice that is tru for compliance.  also try for nGTLD IO?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Is there an allocation for Funding for ALAC objection filing and dispute resolution fees?
  Janice Lange:ors
  Janice Lange:sorry that got cut off - thre are no staff costs included in new gtld independent objectors
  Janice Lange:that process is completely out of staff hands
  avri:so Janice, is that a way of saying thr 4.6MUSD line includes the hiring of the IO staff?
  Janice Lange:Dev - is your question saying that you think the ALAC would perform the objection function as an entity?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:It is mentuioned in the gTLD AGB
  avri:Yes, that finction for LAC is included in the program description.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:under Section 3.3.2 Objection Filing Fees
  avri:.. function..  though woithout budget it becomes fiction, perhaps the root of my typo.
  avri:I am asking the same question as Dev
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr::-)
  avri:where is the GAC figure for objections listed, I am sure that was not forgotten.
  Janice Lange:so to answer Avri's questin - the 4.6 includes hiring an independent objector panel
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:"Funding from ICANN for objection filing fees, as well as for advance payment of costs...is availableto the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC).Funding for ALAC objection filing and dispute resolution fees is contingent on publication by ALACof its approved process for considering and making objections."
  Alan Greenberg:Should be an allocation for GAC objections as well, right?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:True
  avri:Alan that was point, did nto see those either.  So either they are a subline item or were left out.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:there should be an allocation for funding for GAC objections
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:and didn't see it either
  Sivasubramanian M:dev why do you thinkthe GAC needs funds for anything at all?
  avri:@Siva: for the same reason the ALAC does, it is inlcuded in the guidebook?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Its also on page 159 "Funding from ICANN for objection filing fees, as well as foradvance payment of costs, is available to individualnational governments in the amount of USD 50,000 with theguarantee that a minimum of one objection pergovernment will be fully funded by ICANN whererequested. ICANN will develop a procedure for applicationand disbursement of funds."
  Thomas Lowenhaupt:Thank you. Bye.
  avri:are the breakdonws avaialble as well?
  Gisella Gruber-White:Olivier has been muted
  Janice Lange:sorry avri - breakdown of what?
  Janice Lange:want to make sure i answer the right question
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I and  some others have another call at the top of the hour  so I need to leave here now...  Thanks Xavier  et.al...
  Wolf Ludwig:Thanks Tijani -- I had the same question ... regarding decrease and "priorities"?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Have to leave for the other call, thanks for the presentation
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks all
  Carlton Samuels:THaks all.  See y'all
  sergio salinas porto:hui everyone
  avri:thanks and bye
  Wolf Ludwig:Thanks and bye!
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Thanks, Xavier!
  Oksana Prykhodko:Thank you all, good ye

• No labels