Gisella Gruber:Welcome to the At-Large Ad-Hoc New Meeting Strategy Working Party  Thursday, 19 November 2015 at 1500 UTC
  Maureen Hilyard:Hope not.. Morning Gisella
  Gisella Gruber:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/_LdYAw
  Maureen Hilyard:No problems.. I'm making myself a coffee :)
  Maureen Hilyard:I can hear you
  Maureen Hilyard:Try mobile if need to
  Beran Gillen:hello everyone
  Vanda:hi  here Vanda only at adobe
  Sébastien:I am in a meeting and I can't join you now?
  sandra hoferichter:Hi all, sorry for beeing late
  Gisella Gruber:Thank you Sebastien
  Gisella Gruber:Welcome to everyone!
  Alan Greenberg:No scrolling here.
  Gisella Gruber:Please note the meetings on the agenda are NOT the latest ones as Beran has just sent these through
  Maureen Hilyard:Yes now its there
  Heidi Ullrich:Having time on either side of the meeting (7.5 mins at beginning and at end) for transition /break, etc
  Heidi Ullrich:This will reduce stress on all concerned :)
  Vanda:I beleive 75 is a good idea. we normally run from one session to other and entrance of people disturb the going on session
  Heidi Ullrich:However, the WG Chairs will need to ensure that they only take the 60 mins and leave 7.5 mins on either side.
  Heidi Ullrich:We will use a timer for the entire 60 mins so the Chair is aware of much time remains
  Heidi Ullrich:Please note - each 75 min bloc is only 60 meetings of meetings
  Heidi Ullrich:The bus for Monday's outreach has been reserved :)
  Heidi Ullrich:We need to provide the exact times needed
  sandra hoferichter:Are we not supposed to participate at the high interest topic as the ALAC? I believe this would be important as it provides time for interaction with the other community.
  Alan Greenberg:Are the current versions uploaded to agenda?
  sandra hoferichter:I thought we use meeting B for outreach but not the others?
  Maureen Hilyard:Yes
  sandra hoferichter:yes thanks BEran
  Vanda:will  put my point here - during monday morning normally there is the hot topic of the time always . outreach may be inside? or all will be outside
  Heidi Ullrich:What about having outreach on Monday afternoon?
  Vanda:yes tuesday is normally inside work  beside the board visit normally in that day
  Heidi Ullrich:How many hours are needed?
  Heidi Ullrich:Also, the Outreach could be a bit of outreach and a bit of inreach/engagement
  Heidi Ullrich:the inreach/engagement could be inside
  Heidi Ullrich:Could we then do 2-7?
  Heidi Ullrich:Monday :)
  Heidi Ullrich:ok
  Vanda:agree with Beran
  Eduardo Diaz:ok
  Maureen Hilyard:Sounds good
  Vanda:excellent
  Heidi Ullrich:A couple of points. Depending on where you go for outreach in Marrakech, the traffic back might be bad. That means you might be late for the start of the showcase.
  Heidi Ullrich:the second point, will outreach activities also include engagement activities? Or will this be a separate activity?
  Gisella Gruber:Barrack has joined the call
  Vanda:+ i Alan to understand better the whole scene
  Heidi Ullrich:Very useful, Alan. However, how effective have the 20 hours been? How much repetition is there in discussion?
  Heidi Ullrich:Will the new schedule force all AC/SOs to be more effective?
  Vanda:@heidi thinking we can be more effective?
  Maureen Hilyard:Stretching out the time slots also uses up  valuable meeting session time.. plus the breaks as Bran mentions
  Heidi Ullrich:How effective can everyone be when everyone is exhausted?
  Heidi Ullrich:@Maureen, leaving no time between meetings actually eats into the next meeting
  Maureen Hilyard:We are always exhausted during these meetings - particularly in Dublin when we were walking to the meeting at times
  Heidi Ullrich:That won't be the case in Marrakech
  Maureen Hilyard:If we are all on the site as we aim to be in Marrakesh then we shouldn't need long times between rooms or sessions
  Heidi Ullrich:7.5 mins is not a long time for people to get up, move their laptops, and move to the next meeting
  Heidi Ullrich:our meetings normally start about 5-10 mins late
  Maureen Hilyard:People will just have to try to get to meetings on time.
  Gisella Gruber:You cant hear me but yes, we can extend this call
  Heidi Ullrich:We've been trying that for years, Maureen. I believe a new way is needed. Building the times in is just facing reality.
  Vanda:@heidi, yes we will be more effective in Marrakesh
  Alan Greenberg:Allocating 15 minutes for transitions is probably overkill. But zero as it has been is not the answer either.
  Heidi Ullrich:Staff observe people coming late, getting up to get coffee as they have missed the coffee break, etc.
  Vanda:+ 1 ALAN. we will never break the session if there still have time
  Vanda:in general looks good the B
  Alan Greenberg:Note that extended ALT without opportunity to get guests there is problematic.
  Alan Greenberg:Concurrent RALO meeting is problematic for staff.
  Heidi Ullrich:Also, please note that staff , including technical staff, need time to transitiont to the next meeting
  Heidi Ullrich:@Alan, we could likely cover two RALO meetings at the same time if necessary.
  Eduardo Diaz:You are good!
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks!!!
  Maureen Hilyard:thanks Beran
  Heidi Ullrich:Good comments
  sandra hoferichter:Thank you Beran!
  Beran Gillen:thank you everyon
  Beran Gillen:everyone
  Gisella Gruber:Thank you all!
  Beran Gillen:bye bye
  Vanda:bye..

• No labels