Gisella Gruber:Welcome to the At-Large Ad-Hoc New Meeting Strategy Drafting Team on Thursday, 9 July 2015 at 15:00 UTC

Gisella Gruber:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/-6k0Aw

Sébastien:Hello Gisella, can't connect my audio via Adobe

Sébastien:Thanks

Eduardo Diaz:¡Hola a todos!

Satish Babu:Hola Eduardo!

VANDA:hi all

Satish Babu:Hi Vanda!

VANDA:hi Stish how are you?

Eduardo Diaz:Hola Satish

Satish Babu:Good! Nice to see both of you at BA!

Heidi Ullrich:As all the AC/SO/SGs as well as staff work on the aspects of the outreach day, I would suggest you define what activities you would like to see - both outreach and inreach

Heidi Ullrich:This might mean capacity  building activities. It might mean that newcomers visit the ALAC on outreach day to hear more about the ALAC.

Eduardo Diaz:We can also tap into the ISOC chapters in that region

Satish Babu:@Eduardo, I agree. However, many/most ISOC Chapters are likely to be our ALSes...

Eduardo Diaz:@satish - if that is the case then we  can do inreach/capacity building with them

VANDA:@eduardo agree. going to unviersities and associations of NGOs for isntance in the country we need to join with groups with already working with capacity

Satish Babu:@Eduardo: I agree

Alan Greenberg:@Eduardo, the issue of bringing fewer travellers to a B meeting and using the funds for others was discussed and the ALAC reacted VERY negatively to this and insisted that the 25 ALAC/RALO members must be unchanged for all meetings.

Eduardo Diaz:@Alan: Yes ,I remember the conversation now.

VANDA:@alan, but some time ago we talked about regional assemblies intercalated with the full assembly( Atlas) and this can be done too not in all meetings abut with an agenda

Alan Greenberg:Havewe lost Raf?

Eduardo Diaz:@Sandra: That is the idea. To colaborate with other SO/ACs during the first day.

Alan Greenberg:@Vanda, Nothing is off the table, but we had discussed the concept of regional assemblies at B meetings and concluded that this was a poor idea, since it did not expose the attendees with "the full ICANN experieince" and particularly the public presentation/discussion sessions.

Eduardo Diaz:@Alan: I think Meeting C is the best meeting for general assemblies

Eduardo Diaz:We can do Capacity building with ALSs from the region to increase their participation

VANDA:@alan. true.. I was thinking would be a chance for other meembers from the ALS coming to debate . normally people that goes to ATLAS are more the smae ones engaged on day by day ICANn work...

VANDA:when ALS discuss interlnally about going to Atla, at least here, we came with people that never touch ICANN persoanlly not intending to go felling weak to represent its ALS...

Eduardo Diaz:I like to think out of the box

VANDA:@eduardo. agree. after all the final work to fit everything from AC & SOs is for the staff to do.

VANDA:we shall focus on our interest first.

Eduardo Diaz:@Alan: The NARALO general Assembly will happen during the C meeting next year

Satish Babu:It is worrying if our General Assemblies are going to be reduced from 3 to 2 per year...

Alan Greenberg:@Eduardo, Yes, but that was not what I was referring to.

Eduardo Diaz:Oh! my mistake

Sébastien:https://meetings.icann.org/en/calendar

Gisella Gruber:3 weeks time - Thursday at 1500 UTC

Gisella Gruber:2 or 3?

VANDA:ok

Gisella Gruber:Thank you

VANDA:thank you for all interesting inputs today!

Satish Babu:Bye and good day!

Eduardo Diaz:Gracias Rafid. See you all soon

sandra hoferichter:buy all!

VANDA:i will enjoy my holiday

Gisella Gruber:Than you all!

• No labels