1. Members and Mandate
- Review individuals (candidates from a list to be provided by the ICANN ATRT2 Staff), who apply to serve on the second Accountability & Transparency Review Team “as representing the At Large Advisory Committee (ALAC).”
- Assess the suitability of the candidates for the work of the ATRT2 by evaluating them against the set of criteria specified in the ATRT2 Call for Volunteers as well as additional criteria specific to the ALAC.
- Recommend a list of candidates for ALAC endorsement based on a high level of confidence that the candidates are qualified to assess ICANN's accountability and transparency and can do so from the perspective/viewpoint of the ALAC and the global At-Large Community.
|APRALO||Rinalia Abdul Rahim||Chair|
|LACRALO/ALAC||Dev Anand Teelucksingh|
2. Confidentiality Policy
(2a) Sub-Committee Discussion About Candidates
- Discussion about candidates and candidate assessment will be conducted in Sub-Committee and among Sub-Committee members only.
- No information from the designated Sub-Committee workspace and mailing list will be forwarded or shared with anyone outside of the Sub-Committee.
(2b) Sub-Committee Meeting Recording
- Meetings will be recorded except for segments on candidate discussion and assessment.
- Recordings are for internal Sub-Committee use only (i.e., to support fact verification by Sub-Committee and staff during the course of work) and will not be made publicly available.
- Recordings will be kept by ICANN staff and destroyed once the Sub-Committee has completed its work.
(2c) Sub-Committee Workspaces & Mailing List
- Sub-Committee work will be conducted via the restricted workspace and the designated mailing list.
- Sub-Committee’s restricted workspace will be viewable at all times by its members and staff only, and will be deleted once the Sub-Committee work has been completed.
- Sub-Committee’s mailing list (email@example.com) will not retain any archives of messages sent via it and will be closed once the Sub-Committee work has been completed.
- ALAC workspace will be used by the Sub-Committee Chair to provide updates/reports to the ALAC about the non-confidential aspects of the Sub-Committee’s work.
3. Task Timeline
(See Announcement of extension of call for volunteers to 14 January 2013)
27 Nov 2012 (Tue)
Tabling of Key Decision Points to the ALAC
14 Dec 2012 (Fri)
Deadline for ALAC comments on candidate assessment matrix
14 Dec 2012 (Fri)
Deadline for Committee formation
17-20 Dec 2012 (Mon-Thu)
Committee discussion on overall process and matrix proxy indicators refinement
7-11 Jan 2013 (Mon-Fri)
Committee validation of matrix proxy indicators + test review of sample applications
14 Jan 2013 (Mon)
Candidate application deadline for ATRT2
15 Jan 2013 (Tue)
Staff sends out matrix assessment form listing all ALAC candidates to Committee members
15-17Jan 2013 (Tue-Thu)
Individual Assessment: Committee members review candidate applications and make initial individual assessments
18 Jan 2013 (Fri)
Committee Meeting to discuss candidates
19 Jan 2013 (Sat)
Committee Members submit individual assessments
20 Jan 2013 (Sun)
Staff tabulates results
21 Jan 2013 (Mon)
Staff circulates results to Committee
22-23 Jan 2013 (Tue-Wed)
Committee Meeting to review aggregate ranking, discuss and confirm candidate order
24-27 Jan 2013 (Thu-Sun)
ALAC 4-day ratification vote on endorsed candidates
28 Jan 2013 (Mon)
Deadline for SO/AC announcement of endorsed candidates and submission to ATRT2 staff
15 Feb 2013
ATRT2 candidate selection by ICANN Board Chair and GAC Chair
ATRT2 work commences
4. Special Information Requirements for ALAC Candidates
- A resume (maximum three pages);
- A letter of motivation;
- A Declaration of Interests;
- Responses to 3 questions posed by the Sub-Committee as follows:
- (a) Why do you believe that you are in a position to fairly assess ICANN's mechanisms for accountability, transparency and public input?
- (b) Why do you believe that you are in a position to assess ICANN’s focus on the global public interest?
- (c) Why do you believe that you will be able to do the above from the perspective of the ALAC and the global ICANN At-Large Community?
5. ALAC Candidates and Application Materials
- Olivier Crépin-Leblond
- Jean-Jacques Subrenat
- Alan Greenberg
- Daniel A. Reed
6. Assessment Criteria and Method
7. Meeting Summaries