Please use the comments section below to submit questions for Mandy Carver, Deputy General Manager for Global Partnerships, and Scott Pinzon, Director of Marketing and Outreach, to answer during their session with ALAC on Sunday morning.

Date: Sunday, 23 October 2011

Session: ALAC and Regional Leadership - Working Session 1 

Time: 9:00-18:00 (TBC) 

Agenda Item: #2 - At-Large Outreach/Inreach (9:15-10:30) (Moderator: Olivier Crépin-Leblond)

• ICANN Global Outreach: Update from Communications and Global Partnerships - with Scott Pinzon, Director of Marketing and Outreach, and Mandy Carver, Deputy General Manager for Global Partnerships  (9:00-9:45)

• No labels

3 Comments

1. The following two questions to Mandy Carver were asked by Jean-Jacques Subrenat during the ALAC Meeting of 27 September 2011:

1) Could you please provide an update on the status of the various open positions within Global Partnerships?

2) Could you please provide an update on the plans for the organization of the Global Partnerships department?

2. 1) What is the total budget allocated to this effort for 2011/2012?

2) Will At-Large be part of the Outreach effort? If so, how much budged will be allocated to this effort?

3) What kind of media are your planning to use? For example, brochures, leaflets, videos, written articles, local activities, etc.

4) Do you contract some of the outreach work to companies withing each country? If so, how can these take advantage of this?

5) Who decides or what is the procedure that will be used to decide which outreach campaign is the best suited for ICANN/At-Large?

6) Are we able to comment on the selected outreach campaign before its final?

7) Will the outreach be multi-lingual? What languages?

3. The following question is submitted on behalf of Cheryl Langdon-Orr:

Please address the matters  *relevant  to local and regional outreach activities of ICANN*   raised in Sylvia's email as this seems to be a matter  that could be addressed in the future  by better 'local office'  interaction with other ICANN Locals (read here inclusive of ALAC Leaders).

Excerpt from Sylvia's message sent 12 October 2011:

Among many things, I mean that when ICANN organizes an event in the country of an ALAC member, this should be communicated first-hand and invited to participate. And not have to learn by Facebook or Twitter.

The staff knows each member resides. Even the ALAC member, being part of the community, could make available to ICANN all his/her network and help promote the event.

To give some examples, this has happened when ICANN held an event to promote NGTLDs by Karla Valente (I think in 2009) in the city of Sao Paulo, nor Pablo Hinojosa, nor the staff contacted me.

It happened also 2 months ago when Rod Beckstrom came to participate in a Fair Internet, FutureCom

(http://www.futurecom.com.br/2011/site_event/index.html) and I only found out because Rodrigo de la Parra walked an e-mail to Rod, 1 day before the event.